How Bush would have taken care of the oil spill

Q. Why didn't Obama call in the US Army Corps (pronounced 'corpse') of Engineers?

A. He thought they were dead.

Coast Guard Commandant Admiral Thad Allen, the national incident commander, will work closely with officials on the scene to make sure "every available resource" is thrown into the fight to contain the oil slick and minimize environmental damage, the Department of Homeland Security announced.

"Admiral Allen has overseen Coast Guard efforts since the moment the incident began, when the agency responded quickly to the April 20 explosion in a search and rescue capacity in order to save lives," the department said. More than 100 workers were rescued after the blast on a BP rig in the Gulf of Mexico, but 11 were lost.

Oil Spill: Obama Names Coast Guard Admiral to Oversee Federal Response

Notice, a "professional", not a "horse judge.

After all these years, I still can't believe Bush put a "horse judge" in charge of FEMA. What was he thinking? And this is the guy Republicans "miss"????

So, by that thihking, shouldn't the private PROFESSIONAL healthcare industry be in charge of healthcare, not a bloated government beaurocracy run by the same government that runs FEMA???? Ooops.

BTW, if the people of New Orleans had taken the warning and left, the tragedy wouldn't have been as bad. If the LIBERAL mayor Ray Nagan had used the hundreds of buses he had, and shuttled all the poor out of the below-sea level ghettos 3 days prior, it would've been better. Just saying.

But yeah, I agree, it's always better to let the professionals handle a crisis, not the bloated fed agencies. Apply that to healthcare please.

I think what this question implies is that Bush would not have done any better. Bush haters yet and still.

We can speculate all right.

9/11 happened and we let Bin Laden go and invaded Iraq.

:lol:...9/11 happened because of Bush?....hey Dean-o...im willing to bet you whatever you want me to bet that 9/11 would have still happened even if Clintons term was still going.....even if Gore would have been elected.....even if John Fucking Wayne was President and Audie Murphy was his Secretary of Defence.....dont you ever feel like an idiot after some of the shit you throw at us?......between you and your babe "Truthneverisafactor".....you have to wear knee high boots walking around you two...

That must be something you believe because I never said it.

So, by that thihking, shouldn't the private PROFESSIONAL healthcare industry be in charge of healthcare, not a bloated government beaurocracy run by the same government that runs FEMA???? Ooops.

BTW, if the people of New Orleans had taken the warning and left, the tragedy wouldn't have been as bad. If the LIBERAL mayor Ray Nagan had used the hundreds of buses he had, and shuttled all the poor out of the below-sea level ghettos 3 days prior, it would've been better. Just saying.

But yeah, I agree, it's always better to let the professionals handle a crisis, not the bloated fed agencies. Apply that to healthcare please.
What the fuck is logic doing here?
:eusa_eh:

I think what this question implies is that Bush would not have done any better. Bush haters yet and still.

As a right winger, I hate to agree with liberals, but the Bush haters are right on this one. Bush would not have done any better. But they are right by accident. What they are accidentally finding accurate is this: NO GOVERNMENT official or entity would've done any better.

The government by nature is inefficient, slow and sloppy. No one, Obama, Bush, Reagan, George Washington himself, would've responded any better to this. Thats why it is never a good idea to rely on government: See example of how New Orleans left thousands in the ghettos, while 3 days prior to Katrina they also had hundreds of available school buses they could've used to evacuate. Nope. They sat around then blamed Bush, when in fact, Obama, or ANY other politician, would've done no better than Bush did.

Sorry man, I forgot I was debating with liberals. I won't let it happen again, I promise!

I'm disappointed we haven't moved on. It's still about Bush ... even 2 years later ...

I don't understand how a terrible disaster, such as Bush, could happen, and Republicans, so easily say, "Let's just move along. It's over. It's a thing of the past. Ho hum, getting sleepy. Tired of talking about it. Ignore it. Make it go away.".

Thousands of Americans are dead. Tens of thousands crippled for life. Our economy in shambles. And Republicans say, "Let's look away. Forget about it?" How can that be?

At the very least, Republicans should be saying, "What went wrong?" "What was it that didn't work?" It's outrageous.

:lol:...9/11 happened because of Bush?....hey Dean-o...im willing to bet you whatever you want me to bet that 9/11 would have still happened even if Clintons term was still going.....even if Gore would have been elected.....even if John Fucking Wayne was President and Audie Murphy was his Secretary of Defence.....dont you ever feel like an idiot after some of the shit you throw at us?......between you and your babe "Truthneverisafactor".....you have to wear knee high boots walking around you two...

That must be something you believe because I never said it.

you notice i was asking a question Dean?.....AND if you do not think that,WHY did you mention it?....you were the guy listing all these things that happened under Bush Dean.....9/11 was listed.....so one would conclude.....

Katrina happened and we put tens of thousands of American citizens in carcinogenic trailers.

This could have been a trifecta. Or maybe that was the "economy"? Or the "drug bill"? Or the deregulation?

We had Bin Laden? Oh, that's right, we did back in the nineties... and we let him go. THEN 9/11 hapenned.

We both know that if Clinton had taken out Bin Ladin, Republicans would have had him tried for some kind of crime. Republicans spent more than 40 million dollars of taxpayer money going after Clinton. And what did they get?

Do you know that there are some right wingers on this site that swear Clinton was charged with "something" over White Water? That somehow he was "guilty" and managed to "get out of it"?

And since he left office, Clinton has made more than 107 million dollars (so why go after White Water pennies) and he released his records to congress so Hillary could be sworn in as SOS. In all that time, in all that paperwork, if he were guilty of "something", it would have been found.

WTF does Whitewater have to do with letting Bin Laden go? Try to stay on topic please.

This administration can't sensibly defend what it has done and is doing, especially given their campaign pledges.... So..... It's All Bush's Fault!!! TA DA!!!

Sorry man, I forgot I was debating with liberals. I won't let it happen again, I promise!
Something just struck me, though....
Wouldn't the Coast Guard be a government bureaucracy and not a "private professional"??

:eusa_whistle:

Q. Why didn't Obama call in the US Army Corps (pronounced 'corpse') of Engineers?

A. He thought they were dead.

Coast Guard Commandant Admiral Thad Allen, the national incident commander, will work closely with officials on the scene to make sure "every available resource" is thrown into the fight to contain the oil slick and minimize environmental damage, the Department of Homeland Security announced.

"Admiral Allen has overseen Coast Guard efforts since the moment the incident began, when the agency responded quickly to the April 20 explosion in a search and rescue capacity in order to save lives," the department said. More than 100 workers were rescued after the blast on a BP rig in the Gulf of Mexico, but 11 were lost.

Oil Spill: Obama Names Coast Guard Admiral to Oversee Federal Response

Notice, a "professional", not a "horse judge.

After all these years, I still can't believe Bush put a "horse judge" in charge of FEMA. What was he thinking? And this is the guy Republicans "miss"????

Let me make sure I understand this. You are saying that the healthcare companies should "patrol" themselves? Didn't we already have that? It's called "Voluntary Compliance" and Bush and the Republicans did it early in Bush's first term. They deregulated OSHA and the EPA so mining companies would regulate themselves for safety. How did that work out.

Oh, you don't believe me. I must be lying. Another failed Republican policy? It just can't be.

New York Times Covers OSHA Inaction on Diacetyl and Other Hazards The Pump Handle

Occupational Safety and Health Administration has delayed or halted work on important standards for worker protection and put more of its energies into voluntary programs that let employers decide how far they’re willing to go to protect workers’ health and lives.

-------------------

Family sues insurer who denied teen transplant - Health care- msnbc.com

a 17-year-old girl who died hours after her health insurer reversed a decision

------------------

Why do Republicans ALWAYS put companies ahead of American Workers? Why? They only want cheap labor. It's why they move overseas, so they can exploit those people too.

Considering Bush's record on Katrina clean-up, Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, the Justice System, the EAP and foreign affairs, how would Bush and the Republicans have handled the oil spill crisis?

That doesn't matter now, does it? The Big 0 is the guy at the wheel now and comparing his incompetence to any straw man will not lessen the impact of his consecutive failures on every single issue that presents itself.

As with every issue, the question is how will the Big 0 handle this?

I'm disappointed we haven't moved on. It's still about Bush ... even 2 years later ...

I don't understand how a terrible disaster, such as Bush, could happen, and Republicans, so easily say, "Let's just move along. It's over. It's a thing of the past. Ho hum, getting sleepy. Tired of talking about it. Ignore it. Make it go away.".

Thousands of Americans are dead. Tens of thousands crippled for life. Our economy in shambles. And Republicans say, "Let's look away. Forget about it?" How can that be?

At the very least, Republicans should be saying, "What went wrong?" "What was it that didn't work?" It's outrageous.

Everyone is asking "What went wrong?" The Big 0 spent more than a TRILLION DOLLARS to stop the Great Recession and pull us back from the brink of the WORST ECONOMY SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION.

Of course, after the Big 0 took office, he announced that the economy was worse than he thought. Then he proceeded to ignor it and let Nancy and Harry pass the Stimulation of Corruption Boondogle.

Oh, yeah! And pay back the campaign debts racked up by Hillary.

With apologies to Billy Joel, Is this all we get for our money?

Even bad recessions since the 70's only last 18 months. This one gathered steam in the summer and fall of 2008. 6/08 + 18 months = 1/10. If I'm reading the calendar right, we went through the 18 months and the TRILLION DOLLARS did nothing but finance the bribes, graft, paybacks and corruption that IS the Big 0 Administration.

As a partisan hack, it is wise to try to direct the attention to anything that is not the record of the Big 0. You should continue in your efforts. Did you know that only 6% of scientists self-identify as Republicans?

Awesome! Another pointless, "who cares?" thread about the oil spill.

Instead of asking what Bush would have done, which is obviously just a setup to trash Bush, why not pick a pres that most would agree was a pretty good guy and ask what he would do?

How about Lincoln? Everyone pretty much likes him.

I agree, but I'd rather know what Nixon would have done?

Perhaps the next Obama strategy for the oil spill??????

Hooters-girls-19.jpg

Forum List

Back