How Bush and Obama changed American foreign policy for generations to come.

How about obama's major feat...KILLING OSAMA!?!? Wow, he did just a great job there...actually, he did a great job of f'ing up any other plans to get anyone else. You remember all the computers and information the seals took from the compound, well they might as well be all thrown in the trash now.
Obama is quite the idiot......

Correcting the

Not only did he manage to get bin laden, but those computer files confiscated are paying huge dividends. Notice the number of high ranking Al Qaida taken out in recent months?

We have made substantial progress in the war on terrorism since Bush blundered into Iraq. We have Al QAaida on the run, have upset their command and financial structure and are chasing them down wherever they hide

I see you also didn't read the link...or you just don't care. Because of obama's blunder of announcing it so quickly, could also be the reason for the attack and killing of the Seals soon after. Are you proud of that too? There were many Al Qaida killed during Bush's term, he just didn't see a need to announce every one of them!

So...what do you propose CJ? Thnat we should not have told anyone that we had killed bin laden? How long should we have waited? Days? Weeks? Months?

The falacy of your opinion is that you assume if we didn't tell anyone that the terrorists would not have known that bin Laden had been killed, that nobody in the neighborhood would have reported that helicopters raided the com pound, that Pakistan would not have raised a big stink about the raid. AlQaida knew that key information had been compromised...we did not have to tell them

Jeebus Pub dupes are dumb...Any resemblence between Boooosh and Obama is pure Pubcrappe The world knows who the Ugly 'Mericans are, and who caused the 2nd Pub Great Depression, and the two stupidest wars EVER, and who's fixing the mess. Change the gd channel...

Not only did he manage to get bin laden, but those computer files confiscated are paying huge dividends. Notice the number of high ranking Al Qaida taken out in recent months?

We have made substantial progress in the war on terrorism since Bush blundered into Iraq. We have Al QAaida on the run, have upset their command and financial structure and are chasing them down wherever they hide

I see you also didn't read the link...or you just don't care. Because of obama's blunder of announcing it so quickly, could also be the reason for the attack and killing of the Seals soon after. Are you proud of that too? There were many Al Qaida killed during Bush's term, he just didn't see a need to announce every one of them!

So...what do you propose CJ? Thnat we should not have told anyone that we had killed bin laden? How long should we have waited? Days? Weeks? Months?

The falacy of your opinion is that you assume if we didn't tell anyone that the terrorists would not have known that bin Laden had been killed, that nobody in the neighborhood would have reported that helicopters raided the com pound, that Pakistan would not have raised a big stink about the raid. AlQaida knew that key information had been compromised...we did not have to tell them

I'm not a politician so i really don't know what to propose! But according to the article the Seals were pretty pissed off about the way he handled it. And the fact that they reported this incorrectly, gave wrong information, etc.....he could have announced it but not gone into all the details until he had them right!

I'm not a politician so i really don't know what to propose! But according to the article the Seals were pretty pissed off about the way he handled it. And the fact that they reported this incorrectly, gave wrong information, etc.....he could have announced it but not gone into all the details until he had them right!

The detail that mattered....

The Son of a Bitch Bin Laden was dead

Obama's war in Libya lasted less than a year with no American Casualties, while Bush's war in Iraq will last nearly a decade with thousands of American Casualties :oops:

Obama's war in Libya lasted less than a year with no American Casualties, while Bush's war in Iraq will last nearly a decade with thousands of American Casualties :oops:

Ya...that darn war that even the DEMOCRATS agreed needed to happen. Why do you put ALL the blame on one person or party? Both sides agreed to go to war! And at least Bush did it the right way and got the nod from Congress.

At least in Iraq we were FIGHTING our enemy.
In Libya we were HELPING our enemy.
Something's wrong with this picture!

Ya...that darn war that even the DEMOCRATS agreed needed to happen. Why do you put ALL the blame on one person or party? Both sides agreed to go to war! And at least Bush did it the right way and got the nod from Congress.

Bush was authorized to attack. The decision to go in was Bush's and Bush's alone. HE was the decider

And it was one of the biggest blunders in US history

Bush was authorized to attack. The decision to go in was Bush's and Bush's alone. HE was the decider

Yes, Bush decided, but unless he got the ok from Congress and the Dems, it wouldn't have happened. Both party's had their hands in this. Obama can't lay the blame of helping our enemies overtake Libya on anyone else...that's HIS baby alone!

lol at this

Collective security is hardly anything new and has been a policy for awhile.

The biggest change in foreign policy is Obama forming real coalitions, actually getting input from other nations and insisting that the US would no longer be the primary water carrier for European issues.

We no longer have to be the first with boots on the ground and the last to leave. Europe is expected to handle their share of the burden

No more idle threats, Axis of Evil, Freedom Fries diplomacy

You might find our war dead to be suitable for mocking. I don't. Don't use them for your sick political bitching, and don't ever mock them as a way of scoring points about Bush. Sick fucking freak.

Same policy,different Presidents. Do people really believe there has been "Hope & Change?" Probably the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American Electorate. Obama is Bush on steroids. The only difference is that he gets a more favorable spin from a Left-Leaning MSM. That's true of all Democratic Presidents. I see no differences at all. The ones who do see differences just want to see differences. It's all in their mind. Meet the new Boss,same as the old Boss.

Yes, Bush decided, but unless he got the ok from Congress and the Dems, it wouldn't have happened. Both party's had their hands in this. Obama can't lay the blame of helping our enemies overtake Libya on anyone else...that's HIS baby alone!

Thank you....of course you are right

Some Democrats lacked a backbone and were afraid to be called soft on terrorism by Republicans. They voted to approve the attack on Iraq if Bush thought it was necessary. Those Democrats paid a price for their lack of fortitude. It cost Hillary the presidency

You are right about Libya also. It was Obamas decision as Republicans voted to leave the rebels out to dry and be slaughtered by Gadhaffi. We shall see what happens and who our "enemy" really is. I guess you have already sided with the man who slaughtered hundreds of Americans as not our enemy

Same shit,different day. Obama/Bush? There is no difference. All the pretend Lefty Anti-War folks are now the biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers in the country. If you've been around long enough,you know this is all just another Re-Run TV Show. None of Obama's policies are substantially different than Bush's. Any perceived differences are mere fairy tale creations of the mind. It is what it is.

Some Democrats lacked a backbone and were afraid to be called soft on terrorism by Republicans. They voted to approve the attack on Iraq if Bush thought it was necessary. Those Democrats paid a price for their lack of fortitude. It cost Hillary the presidency

You are right about Libya also. It was Obamas decision as Republicans voted to leave the rebels out to dry and be slaughtered by Gadhaffi. We shall see what happens and who our "enemy" really is. I guess you have already sided with the man who slaughtered hundreds of Americans as not our enemy

I never said he (Gadhafi) wasn't not our enemy....but Al Qaida is too and that's who obama was helping (and the muslim brotherhood). I don't side with terrorists....and i also don't side with a president that doesn't follow the constitution.

You are with us or with the Terrorists. Who said that? The same administration that made a connection between al Qaeda and Saddam. A connection we now know didn't exist.

Love the way the right can turn "believing" the president into a "fault". After 9/11, Bush had the highest rating in US history of any president.

Why do you think that his father stayed out if it? I suspect he thought his son was a fucking liar and a disaster, but he wasn't completely sure. Now we're sure.

You might find our war dead to be suitable for mocking. I don't. Don't use them for your sick political bitching, and don't ever mock them as a way of scoring points about Bush. Sick fucking freak.

You're right. It shouldn't be "mocking". It should be "derision" for what the right wing, in all their ignorance, put this country through. But was do you expect from people who shout "Let him die" and cheer executions?

I never said he (Gadhafi) wasn't not our enemy....but Al Qaida is too and that's who obama was helping (and the muslim brotherhood). I don't side with terrorists....and i also don't side with a president that doesn't follow the constitution.

Nobody was helping out Al Qaida.......in fact, we don't know what type of government will take hold in Libya

Obama did nothing in violation of the Constitution. He acted as Commander in Chief and did not put American lives in jeopardy

Nobody was helping out Al Qaida.......in fact, we don't know what type of government will take hold in Libya

Obama did nothing in violation of the Constitution. He acted as Commander in Chief and did not put American lives in jeopardy

That's really smart...help oust a leader not know what kind of govt will replace them? When Egypts leader went down it was the muslim brotherhood...they're also in Lybia. So guess what probably will happen????

Obama just bypassed Congress on this, and that's ok??? As for not putting american lives in jeopardy, there WERE American boots on the ground in Lybia. I tend to believe my son who is in the Army (and i'm not allowed to tell you his job). My God, Obama lies to you people every day and you suck it right up!

That's really smart...help oust a leader not know what kind of govt will replace them? When Egypts leader went down it was the muslim brotherhood...they're also in Lybia. So guess what probably will happen????

Obama just bypassed Congress on this, and that's ok??? As for not putting american lives in jeopardy, there WERE American boots on the ground in Lybia. I tend to believe my son who is in the Army (and i'm not allowed to tell you his job). My God, Obama lies to you people every day and you suck it right up!

There are always special forces on the ground in dozens of countries. Do you want to ask Congress's permission every time you deploy a SEAL team?

That is why we have a Commander in Chief

Forum List

Back