CDZ How are deaths by terrorism different than deaths by mass shootings?

From 2000 to 2015, 90 people have been killed by terrorists in the UK.

From 2000 to 2012, 246 people have been killed in the US during mass shootings.

Why are Americans so concerned about so called Islamic terrorism and not concerned about mass shootings?

What is the difference?

The likelihood of an American dying of a terrorist attack is 1 in 45,808. You are more likely to die choking on food, 1 in 3, 409.

How likely are foreign terrorists to kill Americans? The odds may surprise you

I have a better chance of dying by laughing to death at those worried about Mass shooting which are acts of terror!

Jesus fucking Christ the reality is you die and how you die is never known until written in the book of life, but one damn thing is for sure Mass shooting deaths are less common than drunk driving deaths!
\

true-----SO?? two out of three fertilized ova------die in the womb
in the first six weeks of conception

Ask the OP'er seeing they are more worried about Mass shootings which are still rare just like the possible act of terrorism by a Muslim on U.S. soil. I am more worried about if you will get in your mini-van and drive 45 mph in the fast lane of a interstate while conversing on a cellphone seeing I could be killed that way far quicker than some mental midget with a gun or bomb!

testimony including a claim that the witness KNOWS what WORRIES a
person he does not even know-------is invalid. I do not believe that a
person indignant about TERRORISM in the USA indicates by his
indignation that he FEARS TERRORISM for his own person

The OP'er believe more gun laws will detour a mass murder while not understanding that a sick individual hell bent on killing does not care if they have a gun or a truck filled with bomb making material to kill with. Laws are only there to keep the sane from committing a crime while the insane do not care.

So you and the OP'er tell me how will you stop the next mass shooting with all the laws on the books now?

If you can't even deal with mass shootings with what you have now what make you think more laws will stop it?

Also acts of terrorism knows no religion nor race and are done by all kinds daily but some are called something else!

I will help you guys--------YOU ARE RIGHT----restrictive gun laws will
not DETER CRIME. or TERRORISM ------such laws, I believe,
will have an impact on gun accidents------the kind I have seen---- in which
a ten year old kid gets his hands on dad's revolver------or dad's wife notices
that hubby has a big life insurance policy------or----another phenomenon I
have seen------the emotionally depressed cousin FINDS the gun and blows
his brains out----

I'm always amazed at the lengths people will go to in order to defend Islamic terrorism, especially in regards to their inability to discern the difference between one thing and another.

If people lack the intelligence necessary to realize that lone crazies going on a rampage as a result of their inner demons is an entirely different matter than an organized pattern of attacks perpetrated in order to change an entire culture, then no amount of reason will ever penetrate that area separating their scalp from their brain.

"Look, Mommy, I see fish and I see a torpedo. They must be the same thing since they both travel through water!!".

Some times I want to smack people along side the head and tell them to grow up, what with the fascination some people have with defending Islamic barbarity through the use of deflection, false equivalence and Tu Quoque fallacies. .

Unfortunately, accidents happen due to neglect. And that neglect of letting a 10 yr old have access to a loaded gun? Well, that neglect probably follows in other areas of their lives which could also lead to harm of that child or others.
The wife? If it isn't a gun, something else could cause his death for the life insurance policy.
And the emotionally depressed will find another way if no gun is available, if suicide is their intent.
I will help you guys--------YOU ARE RIGHT----restrictive gun laws will
not DETER CRIME. or TERRORISM ------such laws, I believe,
will have an impact on gun accidents------the kind I have seen---- in which
a ten year old kid gets his hands on dad's revolver------or dad's wife notices
that hubby has a big life insurance policy------or----another phenomenon I
have seen------the emotionally depressed cousin FINDS the gun and blows
his brains out----

Why are Americans so concerned about so called Islamic terrorism and not concerned about mass shootings?

What is the difference?

The likelihood of an American dying of a terrorist attack is 1 in 45,808. You are more likely to die choking on food, 1 in 3, 409.

Why do you think that we are not concerned with mass shootings?

Could it be because many of us simply do not agree with what you would call a 'solution' to them?

Mass shootings in our country are a political issue; for the right, the deaths seem to be relegated to collateral damage; fro the left it is about gun laws. There doesn't seem to be as much concern about mass shooting deaths as there is about terrorism, or possible terrorist deaths. I wonder why, as there are more deaths by mass shootings, they don't seem to concern people as much as the threat of terrorism.
There is plenty of concern. The problem is not the concern, the problem is that both sides are at an impasse as to what the solution is.

What is the difference?

Why do you think that we are not concerned with mass shootings?

Could it be because many of us simply do not agree with what you would call a 'solution' to them?

Mass shootings in our country are a political issue; for the right, the deaths seem to be relegated to collateral damage; fro the left it is about gun laws. There doesn't seem to be as much concern about mass shooting deaths as there is about terrorism, or possible terrorist deaths. I wonder why, as there are more deaths by mass shootings, they don't seem to concern people as much as the threat of terrorism.[/QUOTE

There is plenty of concern. The problem is not the concern, the problem is that both sides are at an impasse as to what the solution is.

Let' s pretend that the solution is that death by ANY means-----
ALL DEATHS are all the same------there is no need to categorize
them. Just dispose of the dead body and move on. Categorization
of death as Murder, vs Homicide, vs Pneumonia vs Heart
attack etc -----is just "death". No blame, no trial, no war.

What is the difference?

There were more terrorust attacks in the 70s and 80s in Europe than there are now, but people are now making a. bigger thing of them.

What is the difference?

There were more terrorust attacks in the 70s and 80s in Europe than there are now, but people are now making a. bigger thing of them.

?? where in Europe? by whom in EUROPE?

Terrorist represent a group who expressed aim is to get their political idea across through fear. Otherwise you just have a nut.

Terrorist represent a group who expressed aim is to get their political idea across through fear. Otherwise you just have a nut.

No good------the islamists claim that ALL DEATH is the same-----having your throat slit
in honor of allah----is the same as dying of old age at 90 years

My answer in this thread is yes, we have a lot of people murdered in our country because we have a certain number of crazies like all nations do. Not much we can do about it, and gun ownership is an American tradition and right, and yes, with it comes a certain amount of gun violence. But some of that violence is offset by the millions who have used guns to protect themselves. But why bring certain classes of people into this country who have a known proclivity for violence... like muslims? This is something we can control. Then too, with our high rate of unemployment and our safety nets like social security, medicaid, etc, already overworked and at risk of going broke, why bring more of the world's needy here? You have to take care of your own first.

My answer in this thread is yes, we have a lot of people murdered in our country because we have a certain number of crazies like all nations do. Not much we can do about it, and gun ownership is an American tradition and right, and yes, with it comes a certain amount of gun violence. But some of that violence is offset by the millions who have used guns to protect themselves. But why bring certain classes of people into this country who have a known proclivity for violence... like muslims? This is something we can control. Then too, with our high rate of unemployment and our safety nets like social security, medicaid, etc, already overworked and at risk of going broke, why bring more of the world's needy here? You have to take care of your own first.

so true------allowing persons who support the filth of shariah into the USA would be
tantamount to passing laws providing preferential immigration rights to members of
COSA NOSTRA

For me, there is a big difference between one nutcase guy with a gun who is mad at the world and a guy who is indoctrinated by his so called church to go out and kill on their behalf. The numbers and stats are only a small part of it.

What is the difference? This is a serious question.

Whether it's an angry person with emotional problems or an intentional attempt at terrorizing the population for political reasons, the victims are dead or seriously injured. Their families and communities are devastated, and terrorized. There really is no difference in the outcome or the result.

Republicans just passed a law making it legal for people with mental health issues to buy guns, but are willing to ban all 1.5 billion Muslims from entering the US because one of them might commit a terrorist act. This has no basis in logic whatsoever.

For me, there is a big difference between one nutcase guy with a gun who is mad at the world and a guy who is indoctrinated by his so called church to go out and kill on their behalf. The numbers and stats are only a small part of it.

Whether it's an angry person with emotional problems or an intentional attempt at terrorizing the population for political reasons, the victims are dead or seriously injured. Their families and communities are devastated, and terrorized. There really is no difference in the outcome or the result.

Republicans just passed a law making it legal for people with mental health issues to buy guns, but are willing to ban all 1.5 billion Muslims from entering the US because one of them might commit a terrorist act. This has no basis in logic whatsoever.

"mental health issues" ----<<<< you want to venture an explanation of that term??
Can you provide a link to your allegation that there "might" have been ---maybe----
a single death in the USA related to the ideology of islam?

you got a link on that "UNIVERSAL BAN ON 1.5 billion muslims???

I would think the difference is obvious.

There is no comparison between the threar of one "lone wolf" deranged idiot with a gun and the threat of an organized group of deranged idiots who are recruiting even more derranged idiots to do their bidding.

There is no comparison between the threar of one "lone wolf" deranged idiot with a gun and the threat of an organized group of deranged idiots who are recruiting even more derranged idiots to do their bidding.

another issue for the islamophiles to explain away-----Do you not see a problem
between the reality of Islamic terrorist attacks and the fact of millions of muslims
being led in "DEATH TO AMERCA" chants from age two and up? Even in insane
asylums in the US------no such pep rallies exist

between the reality of Islamic terrorist attacks and the fact of millions of muslims

cause we all know that the ONLY way to recruit your suicide bombers is with a "pep rally."

Right?

cause we all know that the ONLY way to recruit your suicide bombers is with a "pep rally."

Right?

it is an auxiliary technique. very incidental ----but significant

Two lies in one post....

No..the republicans and the ACLU, stopped profiling people and stripping them of their rights without due process......someone with insomnia is not mentally ill and shouldn't lose their gun rights.......

Also....there are 50 Muslim countries on the planet.....Trump wants to restrict immigrants and refugees from 6 of them....so..tell us how that is banning 1.5 billion muslims.....please...explain that to us......

Forum List

Back