CDZ How are deaths by terrorism different than deaths by mass shootings?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Esmeralda, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,111
    From 2000 to 2015, 90 people have been killed by terrorists in the UK.

From 2000 to 2012, 246 people have been killed in the US during mass shootings.

Why are Americans so concerned about so called Islamic terrorism and not concerned about mass shootings?

What is the difference?

The likelihood of an American dying of a terrorist attack is 1 in 45,808. You are more likely to die choking on food, 1 in 3, 409.

How likely are foreign terrorists to kill Americans? The odds may surprise you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,567
    Tell that to the 3,000 Americans who died on 9/11.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,642

"so called Islamic terrorism"? Seems to me that americans are concerned about
    both mass shootings and islamic terrorism. The real question is "how many American
    muslims have been killed in so called "islamo-phobia hate crimes" " ??? Anyone
    got a stat for that imaginary issue?. "choking on food" ----in more than 50 years in working
    in inner city hospitals, I have seen only ONE case of death by "choking on food"-----yet the first
    patient I declared 'brain dead"-------had a bullet in his brain as a result of islamic terrorism---it was
    about 40 years ago One in three people die of choking on food? Why would anyone even
    mention the word "islamophobia"? Did ANYONE die of so-called "islamo-phobia"?
    In my lifetime-----I had only one patient who died of non-small cell adeno carcinoma of the
    lung--------protocols treating that sickness should be obviously be terminated. -----
    Islamic terrorism at the hands of FOREIGN BORN MUSLIMS------good point. Most of the
    dead bodies as a result of islamic terrorism that I have seen involved muslims born in the USA

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,111
    Anecdotal examples are not valid as evidence. Whatever your personal experiences as a healthcare worker, they do not stand up to statistics, so they are not valid.

5. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,642
    "statistics"? Number of persons murdered by " 'FOREIGN BORN' MUSLIM TERRORISTS" is a
    "statistic" in your puny mind?----------seems to me it is more than those who have died of venomous
    snake bite--------time to do away with "anti venom" cures. How many people died last year of the bite
    of a CORAL SNAKE? how about deaths in the USA from CYSTICERCOSIS? ----how about
    "atypical mycobacterium"---------people are spending a fortune on that one------chuck the modified
    Vancomycin-----it is not really a problem in Boston. There are "statistical" studies that indicate
    that it is ok to end vaccination programs because there have been no reported cased of poliomyelitis in
    Las Vegas in the past 10 years. I am ALL FOR ending security checks at airports. I have seen only ONE case of cysticercosis in the USA in ALL MY LIFE--------lets do away with the Department of Agriculture. Some-
    thing like 20 deaths due to Pertussis per year----------yet there is a big push on to get babies
    vaccinated -----AND FAMILY members.

6. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,198

The number of 246 is generated by lying. They are taking cases where family members kill their families. Terrible without question, but does not conform to the definition of a active/mass casualty shooter. The reality is the two mass shootings in Norway and Paris, have killed more people than all of the mass shootings in the USA over the last 20 years.

If they wanted to actually reduce the number of murders here in the US it would be comparatively easy, we know that 8-10% of the criminal population commits 60% of the violent crime here in the US. Lock those ultra violent offenders up forever and the murder rate here would plummet. The overwhelming majority of those criminals are gang bangers. Heck, Chicago has 150,000 KNOWN gang bangers. That's insane.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. depotoo

depotoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,394
    Tell that to the gays that were at Pulse. 15% of the occupants of the club were killed , another 16% injured, for a total of 31% of the occupants that horrific night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,111
    I took the number from legitimate mass shootings: school shootings, workplace shootings, mall shootings, and theatre shooting. No family shootings.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,756
    For me, there is a big difference between one nutcase guy with a gun who is mad at the world and a guy who is indoctrinated by his so called church to go out and kill on their behalf. The numbers and stats are only a small part of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MaryL

MaryL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,047
    Preaching to the choir. But ( always a but), more Americans die from heart disease, cancer or car accidents than mass shootings or terrorism . People make bad decisions about smoking, diet or driving. Terrorism or a mass shooting is way down on the list. And the most of the ones at the top are preventable or bad lifestyle choices.