House Resolution calls for National Day of Shame

Kudos to those of you that have a sense of humor.

Laughs at those that don't.

And a big High 5 to anyone who's intelligent enough to know the difference between the 'politics' section and the 'humor' section.

Unfortunately, that ain't you.

Uhhhhh...SURE they do. Can you say "WMD"? How about "Strategery"? "We will get enough oil from Iraq to more than pay for this war"? "Mission Accomplished"?

Trust me, the liberals needed NO fabrication. Dubya and DICK gave them all of the headlines they needed.

Those issues all have plenty of real articles concerning them. And I am sure there were plenty of threads opened with links to their stories.

We're talking about completely making up fake headlines with no links, like this thread's Post 1.

Try to keep up.

Uhhhhh...SURE they do. Can you say "WMD"? How about "Strategery"? "We will get enough oil from Iraq to more than pay for this war"? "Mission Accomplished"?

Trust me, the liberals needed NO fabrication. Dubya and DICK gave them all of the headlines they needed.

Those issues all have plenty of real articles concerning them. And I am sure there were plenty of threads opened with links to their stories.

We're talking about completely making up fake headlines with no links, like this thread's Post 1.

Try to keep up.
I guess my story was a little to believable, who would have ever imagined that wingnuts would believe the Republicans would be that stupid?

I'll keep this in mind for the future and try to dumb my satire down.

I guess my story was a little to believable, who would have ever imagined that wingnuts would believe the Republicans would be that stupid?

A better question would be who would not believe it after the last 8 years?

Immie

October 9, 2009 - Reacting to the news this morning that President Barak Hussein Obama was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace, Republicans on the hill reacted quickly by introducing a resolution calling for a National Day of Shame.

Arguments for passage included statements that Mr. Hussein was merely sucking up to Eurotrash and that he paid off someone to get nominated.

"What the fuck has he done to promote peace?" shouted one emotional Representative. "He doesn't even have a valid birth certificate," cried another.

Voting was delayed until this afternoon, shortly after one member declared, "Upon reflection, he has screwed US over!" and the chamber erupted in tears. House Republicans made a beeline to the restrooms to repair their makeup and blow their noses.

President Barack Obama was praised around the world Friday as a worthy Nobel Peace Prize winner although many admirers said the award was based on his potential, not his accomplishments.

The youthful president is seen as having changed the stance and substance of U.S. foreign policy, reversing many of his predecessor's unilateral policies and emphasizing the need for diplomacy, cooperation and mutual respect.

But even Obama's backers concede he cannot yet point to concrete changes brought about by his initiatives.

The new president was lauded for his willingness to reach out to the Islamic world, his commitment to curtailing the spread of nuclear weapons and his goal of bringing the Israelis and Palestinians into serious, fruitful negotiations.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa, who won the prize in 1984, said Obama's award shows great things are expected from him in the coming years.

"In a way, it's an award coming near the beginning of the first term of office of a relatively young president that anticipates an even greater contribution towards making our world a safer place for all," he said. "It is an award that speaks to the promise of President Obama's message of hope."

He said the prize is a "wonderful recognition" of Obama's effort to reach out to the Arab world after years of hostility.

I copied this from the MSNBC site. I don't have enough posts to provide the link.

What do you people want from Obama?? In his speech this morning he was very humble and said he didn't deserve the prize. Give him a break. He's doing his best trying to fix the total mess this country is an after 8 years of Republican leadership. The man is not a freakin magician.

Last edited:

Try to keep up.

I haven't seen anyone who mistook it for serious.... seriously stupid, definitely but not serious.

What you could try and keep in your mind is that there is a 'humor' section which, assuming this passes for humor in latteliberalland, perhaps you could make an effort to post it appropriately and not concern your koolaid ridden brain with working out what satire actually means.

The youthful president is seen as having changed the stance and substance of U.S. foreign policy, reversing many of his predecessor's unilateral policies and emphasizing the need for diplomacy, cooperation and mutual respect.

But even Obama's backers concede he cannot yet point to concrete changes brought about by his initiatives.

The new president was lauded for his willingness to reach out to the Islamic world, his commitment to curtailing the spread of nuclear weapons and his goal of bringing the Israelis and Palestinians into serious, fruitful negotiations.

I find it somewhat amazing that he is lauded for reaching out to the muslim community when in fact he has familial relations with the community. It is not like he is a Christian or a Jew without any ties to Islam who actually reaches out a hand of friendship attempting to mend the wounds of both sides of the conflict.

This is like saying we are giving you an award for not fighting with your little brother.

Immie

Try to keep up.

I haven't seen anyone who mistook it for serious.... seriously stupid, definitely but not serious.

What you could try and keep in your mind is that there is a 'humor' section which, assuming this passes for humor in latteliberalland, perhaps you could make an effort to post it appropriately and not concern your koolaid ridden brain with working out what satire actually means.
:rolleyes: If you have a problem with my post, take it up with the mods. You give California and Girls a bad name, quit your damn whining.

:rofl:

I actually to the quotes in my post from the original thread about Obama winning.

This place is comedy gold.

:rolleyes: If you have a problem with my post, take it up with the mods. You give California and Girls a bad name, quit your damn whining.

I like to annoy latte liberals who have the intellect of a peanut - you tick that box.

California Girl
Blond doesn't mean stupid
Member #21210 Join Date: Oct 2009

Am I the only person who thinks that "debating" an opening post that is sheer fantasy is a tad ridiculous at best ... at worst, totally fucking stupid.

I'm a newbie so perhaps I'm missing the point but I find myself thinking "WFT kind of political forum is this?" People actually debate based on fantasy? Oh dear, how very sad. It's not like there isn't enough real bullshit around to beat each other up with.

They grow them dumb in California....unable to distinguish "fantasy" from "satire"

You see CaliGurl if you have to explain satire you lose the edge.

Are you a Valley Girl by chance?? Is WFT some kind of Valley Girl slang?

Last edited:
More sour grapes, prolly.

I'll take sour grapes over broccolli.

Immie
cg%5Fcsc%5F05%2Ejpg
Me, too.

Forum List

Back