House Resolution calls for National Day of Shame

He was awarded the prize under Affirmative Action rules....

lol....the way people fawn over this guy as if he is the savior of the world is really disturbing....this guy is not even in office 9 full months yet.....please somebody list all his great accomplishments......educate me will you????:confused:

It is not what he did...it is all about what he WILL do.

He is GOING to heal all wounds
He is GOING to create world unity
He is GOING to close gitmo
He is GOING to get healthcare for all
He is GOING to bring home the Olympics (oops)
He is GOING to striaghten out the world economy

All he has actually done is apologize for our sins of defending world freedom at the cost of tens of thousands of American Lives. I guess such was worth 1.4 milllion.

On that note...how many foreign bodies arew buried inside of our shores that were lost defending OUR freedom......and how many are buried within THEIR borders who died defending THEIR freedoms.

But I digress.

The funny part is, all Americans should feel shame that their POTUS was just embarissed by getting an award he didn't earn and doesn't deserve.

It makes a mockery of presenting the award at all, but hey, a hollow and meaningless victory seems to be what some of you crave.

Oh, it's better than THAT!

There's a cash value of 1.5(ish)MILLION bucks that comes with that 'prize.'

The recipient is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES...

Now the prize was advanced as encouragement... with a cash value attached to 'encouragement'; you end up at 'bribery, graft; corruption... of the BLATANT variety.

ROFL... Man you can't make this crap up!

The youthful president is seen as having changed the stance and substance of U.S. foreign policy, reversing many of his predecessor's unilateral policies and emphasizing the need for diplomacy, cooperation and mutual respect.

But even Obama's backers concede he cannot yet point to concrete changes brought about by his initiatives.

The new president was lauded for his willingness to reach out to the Islamic world, his commitment to curtailing the spread of nuclear weapons and his goal of bringing the Israelis and Palestinians into serious, fruitful negotiations.

I find it somewhat amazing that he is lauded for reaching out to the muslim community when in fact he has familial relations with the community. It is not like he is a Christian or a Jew without any ties to Islam who actually reaches out a hand of friendship attempting to mend the wounds of both sides of the conflict.

This is like saying we are giving you an award for not fighting with your little brother.

Immie

Oh, so now he has a personal agenda for trying to repair the damage Bush caused with the Muslim community??? I doubt it. I was dying to see what the response would be from the right wing when I heard the news this morning. And I'm not disappointed. Each comment is dumber than the last.

And do you understand that the Norwegian Nobel Committee cited the president's creation of a "new climate in international politics" and his work on nuclear disarmament, even though he is just nine months into his presidency.

So it was their decision, not his, okay??? Get your panties out of a wad and move on.

The funny part is, all Americans should feel shame that their POTUS was just embarissed by getting an award he didn't earn and doesn't deserve.

It makes a mockery of presenting the award at all, but hey, a hollow and meaningless victory seems to be what some of you crave.

Now the prize was advanced as encouragement... with a cash value attached to 'encouragement'; you end up at 'bribery, graft; corruption... of the BLATANT variety.

I doubt he'll be able to accept the money.

I haven't seen anyone who mistook it for serious.... seriously stupid, definitely but not serious.

What you could try and keep in your mind is that there is a 'humor' section which, assuming this passes for humor in latteliberalland, perhaps you could make an effort to post it appropriately and not concern your koolaid ridden brain with working out what satire actually means.
:rolleyes: If you have a problem with my post, take it up with the mods. You give California and Girls a bad name, quit your damn whining.

I like to annoy latte liberals who have the intellect of a peanut - you tick that box.

I hope you're not really from California. If you are, please keep it to yourself. You're an embarrassment that we don't need.

Obama had to pay someone off, or the Nobel Peace Prize has lost all meaning ....

... either way, him getting it is just wrong. Most of those who earn it actually do something before they get it, it's not suppose to be awarded just for saying they are going to try to do something.

What is the Quid Pro Quo in this "blatant bribery", PI?

He probably could accept it into his blind trust - not possitive. But it will probably go to a charity or something.
Maybe on the charity, but I imagine he'd still have to pay the taxes on it. I don't think the trust thing would work, either. A president can't look beholden to anyone (though of course Cheney got away with it) so I think he'll have to tell them to keep the cash.

He probably could accept it into his blind trust - not possitive. But it will probably go to a charity or something.
Maybe on the charity, but I imagine he'd still have to pay the taxes on it. I don't think the trust thing would work, either. A president can't look beholden to anyone (though of course Cheney got away with it) so I think he'll have to tell them to keep the cash.

I just read a report in which a White House spokesman said it will go to charity - maybe Obama can request that they awarded it to a charity on his behalf INSTEAD of it going through his hands and then to a charity. That may avoid the tax liability. He may even be able to pick the charity.

Willow tree all who voted in favor of this award,will be invited to the whitehouse for a worthless beer bash party to celibrate a worthless noble prize awarded for doing nothing, maybe the prize was for having no experience and being good at doing nothing!!! This President and administration is good at this!!!!

They voted for this last Feb he was only in office for a few weeks, and had done nothing but won an election with the help of ACORN!!!!!

The youthful president is seen as having changed the stance and substance of U.S. foreign policy, reversing many of his predecessor's unilateral policies and emphasizing the need for diplomacy, cooperation and mutual respect.

But even Obama's backers concede he cannot yet point to concrete changes brought about by his initiatives.

The new president was lauded for his willingness to reach out to the Islamic world, his commitment to curtailing the spread of nuclear weapons and his goal of bringing the Israelis and Palestinians into serious, fruitful negotiations.

I find it somewhat amazing that he is lauded for reaching out to the muslim community when in fact he has familial relations with the community. It is not like he is a Christian or a Jew without any ties to Islam who actually reaches out a hand of friendship attempting to mend the wounds of both sides of the conflict.

This is like saying we are giving you an award for not fighting with your little brother.

Immie

Oh, so now he has a personal agenda for trying to repair the damage Bush caused with the Muslim community??? I doubt it. I was dying to see what the response would be from the right wing when I heard the news this morning. And I'm not disappointed. Each comment is dumber than the last.

And do you understand that the Norwegian Nobel Committee cited the president's creation of a "new climate in international politics" and his work on nuclear disarmament, even though he is just nine months into his presidency.

So it was their decision, not his, okay??? Get your panties out of a wad and move on.

My panties... I don't wear panties since panties are for you ladies, thank you... are not in a wad.

Personal agenda? They are his family. Why should he be praised for building familial relations?

As for the President winning this award, I am not upset about it at all. I do, however, believe it is premature. He was nominated for it, no more than 12 days after he took office. And he had done absolutely nothing prior to taking office to deserve the award.

My personal opinion is that he is working to better our relationship with the rest of the world and he is improving the prospects for peace. However, I think the committee made a mistake in giving him this award this year. Next year, when he had actually been doing something is another story.

Awards are given for achievements completed not for something that is expected to be done in the future.

Is that so hard for you to understand Rinata?

By the way, welcome to USMB. Stick around a little while and get to know me. I'm not such a bad guy.

Immie

Last edited:
They moved this thread to humor...

I never realized it was a joke

I'm not sure about him having to tell them to keep the cash. That is a good point, but for some reason I think it is a mute point for him anyway. He is set for life. Truthfully, it would not bother me if he got to keep it, but I hope that if the laws state that he can not take it, that at the very least he can have it donated to his favorite charity... the Nobel Institute? j/k :evil:

Immie

They voted for this last Feb he was only in office for a few weeks, and had done nothing but won an election with the help of ACORN!!!!!

No, he was nominated on February 1. I read in another thread that the voting takes place in stages later than that.

Immie

I just read a report in which a White House spokesman said it will go to charity - maybe Obama can request that they awarded it to a charity on his behalf INSTEAD of it going through his hands and then to a charity. That may avoid the tax liability. He may even be able to pick the charity.
Okay, that would probably work. I think I'll go call him and see if I can be the charity. :lol:

Immie

My panties... I don't wear panties since panties are for you ladies, thank you... are not in a wad.

Personal agenda? They are his family. Why should he be praised for building familial relations?

As for the President winning this award, I am not upset about it at all. I do, however, believe it is premature. He was nominated for it, no more than 12 days after he took office. And he had done absolutely nothing prior to taking office to deserve the award.

My personal opinion is that he is working to better our relationship with the rest of the world and he is improving the prospects for peace. However, I think the committee made a mistake in giving him this award this year. Next year, when he had actually been doing something is another story.

Awards are given for achievements completed not for something that is expected to be done in the future.

By the way, welcome to USMB. Stick around a little while and get to know me. I'm not such a bad guy.

Immie

What?? There are a lot of Muslims in the middle east, so what are you saying?? They are all his relatives??

And you can say that awards ARE given for achievements completed and not just anticipated. But apparently the Norwegian Nobel Committee does not use that criteria. I said that in my post. What is so hard for YOU to understand about that??

Immie

What?? There are a lot of Muslims in the middle east, so what are you saying?? They are all his relatives??

And you can say that awards ARE given for achievements completed and not just anticipated. But apparently the Norwegian Nobel Committee does not use that criteria. I said that in my post. What is so hard for YOU to understand about that??

No, they are not ALL his relatives, but, he is one of them at least partially. He was raised with them. It is no stretch for him to be friends with them. This is no achievement for him. It is not as if they were dire enemies and he offered some kind of olive branch.

What is so hard for you to understand about that?

Immie

Forum List

Back