House Resolution calls for National Day of Shame

He was awarded the prize under Affirmative Action rules....

lol....the way people fawn over this guy as if he is the savior of the world is really disturbing....this guy is not even in office 9 full months yet.....please somebody list all his great accomplishments......educate me will you????:confused:

He brought hope and change to millions and reached out to the Muslim world. Don't you read the papers?

I now declare as a Jew that I want to reach out and embrace my Muslim brothers.
Where's my prize??

Nobel invented it for you. One of your Muslim brothers will be along directly to deliver it to you.:badgrin:

LOL.

I wonder how many people got that.

The funny part is, all Americans should feel shame that their POTUS was just embarissed by getting an award he didn't earn and doesn't deserve.

It makes a mockery of presenting the award at all, but hey, a hollow and meaningless victory seems to be what some of you crave.

The award wasn't worth much to begin with. They gave the damned thing to Yassir Arafat, so why not Obama?
Put your TV or radio on, Barry is telling us how much he 'deserves' this. :lol:

The last time Barry was on my radio it suddenly quit working.

No idea why.

Mind you, it did hit that wall pretty hard. ;)

My panties... I don't wear panties since panties are for you ladies, thank you... are not in a wad.

Personal agenda? They are his family. Why should he be praised for building familial relations?

As for the President winning this award, I am not upset about it at all. I do, however, believe it is premature. He was nominated for it, no more than 12 days after he took office. And he had done absolutely nothing prior to taking office to deserve the award.

My personal opinion is that he is working to better our relationship with the rest of the world and he is improving the prospects for peace. However, I think the committee made a mistake in giving him this award this year. Next year, when he had actually been doing something is another story.

Awards are given for achievements completed not for something that is expected to be done in the future.

Is that so hard for you to understand Rinata?

By the way, welcome to USMB. Stick around a little while and get to know me. I'm not such a bad guy.

Immie

What?? There are a lot of Muslims in the middle east, so what are you saying?? They are all his relatives??

And you can say that awards ARE given for achievements completed and not just anticipated. But apparently the Norwegian Nobel Committee does not use that criteria. I said that in my post. What is so hard for YOU to understand about that??

No, they are not ALL his relatives, but, he is one of them at least partially. He was raised with them. It is no stretch for him to be friends with them. This is no achievement for him. It is not as if they were dire enemies and he offered some kind of olive branch.

What is so hard for you to understand about that?
Immie

There is nothing to understand. What you're saying is just silly, as if you're
digging for something negative to say about him. That's all right wingers do.

And I will tell you what I really don't understand. The same people that just hammer Obama to death, are the same ones that never had a bad word to say about anything George Bush did. Even though he left us with nothing but problems.

I'm glad my president won a Pulitzer award. The man is doing his best to straighten out the horrific mess that was left by the Bush administratiion. And all he gets is grief.

What?? There are a lot of Muslims in the middle east, so what are you saying?? They are all his relatives??

And you can say that awards ARE given for achievements completed and not just anticipated. But apparently the Norwegian Nobel Committee does not use that criteria. I said that in my post. What is so hard for YOU to understand about that??

No, they are not ALL his relatives, but, he is one of them at least partially. He was raised with them. It is no stretch for him to be friends with them. This is no achievement for him. It is not as if they were dire enemies and he offered some kind of olive branch.

Immie

And I will tell you what I really don't understand. The same people that just hammer Obama to death, are the same ones that never had a bad word to say about anything George Bush did. Even though he left us with nothing but problems.

I'm glad my president won a Pulitzer award. The man is doing his best to straighten out the horrific mess that was left by the Bush administratiion. And all he gets is grief.

Rinata,

You are new here so I will forgive your ignorance. No, I am not saying that you per se are ignorant, but you are ignorant about what you speak.

First and formost, President Obama did not win a Pulitzer! He won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Second, you know absolutely nothing about me or my politics if you accuse me of speaking only negatively about President Obama and only good things about President Bush. I am sad to say that I voted for President Bush twice. I can be excused for having done so the first time. The second time I felt I had no choice. Kerry was an arrogant asshole that had to be stopped. I'm glad Kerry lost, but I wished to hell that the Democrats would have offered us someone better to choose from.

I have done nothing but speak negatively about Bush for the last 5 years and very little good about him for the last 7.

As for President Obama, if I were going to vote for one of the two major political parties in the last election, I would have voted for him. I chose, instead, to abandon both parties because I don't think either one cares about America. I have disagreed with much of what President Obama has done because I believe that the spending is out of control and only getting worse. I do not think that throwing more money at the problems this country face is going to make things better.

Third, I am one of those who believe that it is very possible that President Obama would have earned the right to being recognized by the Nobel Committee. I simply believe that the recognition came at least one year too early. He had not done anything to deserve recognition by the time he was nominated. He had not even served the world community 15 days for crying out loud! Give him time and I am certain that he will be as deserving as many of the other Nobel winners, but not 12 days.

Fourth, my statement about his relationship with the muslim community was in no way derogatory to him. I simply feel that lauding him for that part doesn't make a damned bit of sense because he was part of their community for so long. That is not a reflection on the President. It is a reflection on the statement given by the Nobel committee that they are honoring him for such a thing. Why would they do that? It is ridiculous.

Fifth, I agree that he is trying to straighten out Bushes mess and Lord help us, I pray he succeeds. Reward him for doing so once he has succeeded, not before.

Immie

Last edited:
Maybe on the charity, but I imagine he'd still have to pay the taxes on it. I don't think the trust thing would work, either. A president can't look beholden to anyone (though of course Cheney got away with it) so I think he'll have to tell them to keep the cash.

I just read a report in which a White House spokesman said it will go to charity - maybe Obama can request that they awarded it to a charity on his behalf INSTEAD of it going through his hands and then to a charity. That may avoid the tax liability. He may even be able to pick the charity.
Okay, that would probably work. I think I'll go call him and see if I can be the charity. :lol:

Typical fucking liberal..... always wanting something for nothing. I'm sure your wants are far greater than those of real charities.

Personally, since he is a public servant, the money should not be his, it - like the award - belongs to his employers - 'we, the people'.... maybe he should put it towards the debt he's been running up on our behalf. Admittedly, it's not even a drop in the ocean of our debt but it's a gesture.

The absolute last thing he should do is give it to some fat-assed liberals who don't wanna work for a living.

My goodness you lack a sense of humor. I'm beginning to think you're a left winger pretending to be a rabid right winger...if so, tone it down a bit, you're giving yourself away.

My goodness you lack a sense of humor. I'm beginning to think you're a left winger pretending to be a rabid right winger...if so, tone it down a bit, you're giving yourself away.

Or.....

Maybe you're just not funny?

I think perhaps you are an idiot trying to pretend you are vaguely intelligent. Sadly, FAIL.

The funny part is, all Americans should feel shame that their POTUS was just embarissed by getting an award he didn't earn and doesn't deserve.

It makes a mockery of presenting the award at all, but hey, a hollow and meaningless victory seems to be what some of you crave.

The award wasn't worth much to begin with. They gave the damned thing to Yassir Arafat, so why not Obama?

Long ago, the Nobel Peace Prize lost it's meaning.

Kind of like the word "racist".

Long ago, the Nobel Peace Prize lost it's meaning.

Kind of like the word "racist".

Because a award given out by the inventor of Dynamite who only did so to save his legacy had meaning in the first place? :eusa_eh:

What you and many others don't understand is that ANY award or ANY position only has an amount of meaning that YOU put into it.

Or.....

I think perhaps you are an idiot trying to pretend you are vaguely intelligent. Sadly, FAIL.

Your lack of humor is obvious. If you have to yell the word fail in caps in an argument then you have most likely failed.

Immie

Rinata,

You are new here so I will forgive your ignorance. No, I am not saying that you per se are ignorant, but you are ignorant about what you speak.

First and formost, President Obama did not win a Pulitzer! He won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Second, you know absolutely nothing about me or my politics if you accuse me of speaking only negatively about President Obama and only good things about President Bush. I am sad to say that I voted for President Bush twice. I can be excused for having done so the first time. The second time I felt I had no choice. Kerry was an arrogant asshole that had to be stopped. I'm glad Kerry lost, but I wished to hell that the Democrats would have offered us someone better to choose from.

I have done nothing but speak negatively about Bush for the last 5 years and very little good about him for the last 7.

As for President Obama, if I were going to vote for one of the two major political parties in the last election, I would have voted for him. I chose, instead, to abandon both parties because I don't think either one cares about America. I have disagreed with much of what President Obama has done because I believe that the spending is out of control and only getting worse. I do not think that throwing more money at the problems this country face is going to make things better.

Third, I am one of those who believe that it is very possible that President Obama would have earned the right to being recognized by the Nobel Committee. I simply believe that the recognition came at least one year too early. He had not done anything to deserve recognition by the time he was nominated. He had not even served the world community 15 days for crying out loud! Give him time and I am certain that he will be as deserving as many of the other Nobel winners, but not 12 days.

Fourth, my statement about his relationship with the muslim community was in no way derogatory to him. I simply feel that lauding him for that part doesn't make a damned bit of sense because he was part of their community for so long. That is not a reflection on the President. It is a reflection on the statement given by the Nobel committee that they are honoring him for such a thing. Why would they do that? It is ridiculous.

Fifth, I agree that he is trying to straighten out Bushes mess and Lord help us, I pray he succeeds. Reward him for doing so once he has succeeded, not before.

Immie

I known it's a Nobel prize. I don't know why I said Pulitzer. Other than that, as I advance in age, I am getting more like my mother every day. :lol:

And I don't appreciate being called ignorant because I am "new". That's dumb. And you can say what you want to defend yourself. Your posts about Obama are negative. That's what I see. Yes sometimes the criticism is subtle, but it's there.

And if you're so damned annoyed that Obama is going to receive this honor, then write to the Norwegian Nobel Committee and complain. Why are you and others going on and on blaming Obama??? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

House Resolution calls for National Day of Shame

It's a "shame" what the Republicans have done to this country. It's a "shame" that they aren't through and want to damage it even more. Truly, a shame.

Rinata,

Immie

I known it's a Nobel prize. I don't know why I said Pulitzer. Other than that, as I advance in age, I am getting more like my mother every day. :lol:

And I don't appreciate being called ignorant because I am "new". That's dumb. And you can say what you want to defend yourself. Your posts about Obama are negative. That's what I see. Yes sometimes the criticism is subtle, but it's there.

And if you're so damned annoyed that Obama is going to receive this honor, then write to the Norwegian Nobel Committee and complain. Why are you and others going on and on blaming Obama??? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

You need to learn to read. I said you were ignorant about what you speak. It is so funny that you think you know more about me than I do.

You have read what 5 of my posts? Your statements are ludicrous.

Have you ever said anything nice about anyone else? Just curious?

I think that the committee has hurt the value of the prize not to mention the value of any work that President Obama may accomplish in the future. That is sad to say the least.

As for blaming Obama, that is ridicuous, I have not once blamed the President. It is not his fault that the committee made such a farce of the prize this year and I have said that several times since yesterday. If you had read any more of my posts than the four or five that I have made in response to you, you would know that. In fact, if you had read posts from anyone from the right since yesterday, you would see that almost no one is blaming the President but rather commenting upon the committee's poor decision and I have repeatedly stated that the President may very well be worthy of this honor next year or the year after, but definitely not 12 days after beginning to serve the world community.

I'm very glad you are here and I hope you and I can clear up our misunderstanding, because I always welcome discussion with people with whom I disagree. It is no fun discussing this kind of a topic with people that see things like I do.

Immie

Last edited:
And one more thing Rinata, I am sure that there are worse things that you can turn in to as you age than your mother... just ask her.

Please don't take anything I have said as being intended to offend you, because I did not intend to do so.

Immie

Rinata,

Immie

You need to learn to read. I said you were ignorant about what you speak. It is so funny that you think you know more about me than I do.

You have read what 5 of my posts? Your statements are ludicrous.

Have you ever said anything nice about anyone else? Just curious?
I think that the committee has hurt the value of the prize not to mention the value of any work that President Obama may accomplish in the future. That is sad to say the least.

As for blaming Obama, that is ridicuous, I have not once blamed the President. It is not his fault that the committee made such a farce of the prize this year and I have said that several times since yesterday. If you had read any more of my posts than the four or five that I have made in response to you, you would know that. In fact, if you had read posts from anyone from the right since yesterday, you would see that almost no one is blaming the President but rather commenting upon the committee's poor decision and I have repeatedly stated that the President may very well be worthy of this honor next year or the year after, but definitely not 12 days after beginning to serve the world community.

I'm very glad you are here and I hope you and I can clear up our misunderstanding, because I always welcome discussion with people with whom I disagree. It is no fun discussing this kind of a topic with people that see things like I do.

Immie

Oh, gee. You didn't say that I was dumb, only dumb about what I speak because I need to learn to read. Well, golly, forgive me!! That's so much better than what I accused you of saying. You have got to be kidding??

Look at some of the posts you have sent me and ask that question of yourself, Mr. Personality.

And don't tell me that people on the right are not responding negatively to Obama over this dumb Nobel prize, because they are. I can read, despite what you think. If the reaction from the right was not so hateful, this thread would not exist.

The reference to my Mom was only a joke about how we are not as sharp as we used to be as we age. Her and I used to laugh about that a lot. So what I said was a joke. And she's dead now.

That is your opinion. There is no evidence that supports what you said. I think it's untrue and silly.

Or.....

Your lack of humor is obvious. If you have to yell the word fail in caps in an argument then you have most likely failed.

My humor is not obvious to you. That's because I'm smart and prefer intelligent humor rather than glaringly stupid 'humor'.

And, by using the words 'most likely', I can see that you actually don't know. Anyone who uses 'most likely', 'probably', or 'it seems to me', are not smart enough to debate with because they are reading into someone else's words rather than understanding the words. That's 'probably' too hard for you to understand.

FAIL. LOL.

Last edited:

Rinata,

Immie

hey, he might as well win a Pulitzer too
it will be about as deserving as the Nobel
LOL

Forum List

Back