House Republicans regroup amid Medicare anger

Hospital-room-mom-with-grandma-iStock_000001973685XSmall.jpg

Why do Republicans want to kill you Grandma???

Because they do not give a fuck son

IF "the Family, Friends, Community, and Private Charities to deal with and always has been" actually worked and was more than bumper sticker logic, the government would never have felt the need to get involved in the first place. I live in the real world. How about you?

I live in a world where people have to face the consequences of their choices and actions in life. Where if you can't or don't produce anything of value, you don't get anything of value. Drop out of HS, get convicted of a crime, get pregnant at age 15, TOO BAD, SO SAD, SO SORRY..... YOU'RE ****ING PROBLEM, NOT MINE.

Maybe if people actually had to face the consequences of their actions sometime they might put a little more thought into those actions/choices and might make better ones more often. However, in our system there's no need to because the Government will just bail your ass out and make sure you have food, shelter, etc....

IF "the Family, Friends, Community, and Private Charities to deal with and always has been" actually worked and was more than bumper sticker logic, the government would never have felt the need to get involved in the first place. I live in the real world. How about you?

I live in a world where people have to face the consequences of their choices and actions in life. Where if you can't or don't produce anything of value, you don't get anything of value. Drop out of HS, get convicted of a crime, get pregnant at age 15, TOO BAD, SO SAD, SO SORRY..... YOU'RE ****ING PROBLEM, NOT MINE.

Maybe if people actually had to face the consequences of their actions sometime they might put a little more thought into those actions/choices and might make better ones more often. However, in our system there's no need to because the Government will just bail your ass out and make sure you have food, shelter, etc....

And yet you expect "Family, Friends, Community, and Private Charities" to help out......OK.:eusa_eh:

And yet you expect "Family, Friends, Community, and Private Charities" to help out......OK.:eusa_eh:

You're talking to someone who is single, lives at home with his mother and has wet dreams about violent overthrows of the government. To say there is a disconnect with him is an understatement.

Yes, IF THE PERSON DESERVES IT, those groups are the appropriate places for someone who has made these mistakes to seek help. NOT the State or Federal Government.

Over the years I've had several friends that I've helped out in their times of need, or gotten pointed in the right directions to get the private assistance they need. There are many others who I've looked at and simply said.... "You made your bed, now you get to lay in it. Don't call me and I definitely won't call you."

Yes, IF THE PERSON DESERVES IT, those groups are the appropriate places for someone who has made these mistakes to seek help. NOT the State or Federal Government.

Over the years I've had several friends that I've helped out in their times of need, or gotten pointed in the right directions to get the private assistance they need. There are many others who I've looked at and simply said.... "You made your bed, now you get to lay in it. Don't call me and I definitely won't call you."

And who determines who deserves it? You?

The individual or organization providing the support.

I choose who I help. I don't give to organizations that support people I wouldn't give money to myself. That's the way it ought to be. If you don't want to help anyone, so be it. If you only want to help people you feel deserve it (like I do) that's fine too. If you want to hand out your hard earned money to every HS dropout, drug addict, teen mother, and other lowlife on the planet, that's your choice. What I have a problem with is the Government STEALING MY MONEY to do exactly that.

I choose who I help. I don't give to organizations that support people I wouldn't give money to myself. That's the way it ought to be. If you don't want to help anyone, so be it. If you only want to help people you feel deserve it (like I do) that's fine too. If you want to hand out your hard earned money to every HS dropout, drug addict, teen mother, and other lowlife on the planet, that's your choice. What I have a problem with is the Government STEALING MY MONEY to do exactly that.

Amen.

If Yank and all likeminded want to support all these folks then they are more than welcome to open up their wallets, whip out their checkbooks and have at it. They better have big bank accounts because there are millions who would like nothing better then to have their way payed for them.

The Govt has taken away the need for folks to assume responsibility for their actions . There is no incentive for any of them act responsibly? Thier expenses are payed and they could care less how the money arrives as long as it does. They have no reason to change their lifestyle so why should they??

Its called a "safety net." Looks more like a free ride to me.

Hospital-room-mom-with-grandma-iStock_000001973685XSmall.jpg

Why do Republicans want to kill you Grandma???

Because they do not give a fuck son

Kill Grandma?? Not hardly.

Apparantly Grandma and Grandpa don't think they should have to endure changes in the way they live. They don't mind if everyone else tightens the belt and sucks it up. Just not them. Priviliged class?? I'm beginning to wonder.

I'm still waiting to see them eating cat food and kids starving in the streets.

Let me know when that happens will ya RW??

Amen.

If Yank and all likeminded want to support all these folks then they are more than welcome to open up their wallets, whip out their checkbooks and have at it. They better have big bank accounts because there are millions who would like nothing better then to have their way payed for them.

The Govt has taken away the need for folks to assume responsibility for their actions . There is no incentive for any of them act responsibly? Thier expenses are payed and they could care less how the money arrives as long as it does. They have no reason to change their lifestyle so why should they??

People have been paying into Medicare since 1965. How is that a "free ride?"
Do you even have a clue about how Ryan's voucher plan works and why it would dramatically increases the out-of-pocket costs of the middle class/poor/elderly/disadvantaged? Do you realize that Ryan's plan is simply corporate welfare for the already highly profitable health care insurance companies? Do you realize that Ryan's plan does absolutely nothing to reign in the ever rising cost of health care insurance? Are YOU so wealthy that you don't think that you won't get hurt financially when you become eligible for Medicare?

Last edited:

Amen.

Do you even have a clue about how Ryan's voucher plan works and why it would dramatically increases the out-of-pocket costs of the middle class/poor/elderly/disadvantaged? Do you realize that Ryan's plan is simply corporate welfare for the already highly profitable health care insurance companies? Do you realize that Ryan's plan does absolutely nothing to reign in the ever rising cost of health care insurance? Are YOU so wealthy that you don't think that you won't get hurt financially when you become eligible for Medicare?

Its a "free ride" because when their money runs out, they are using someone elses.

Those that put into Medicare should take out just what they put in. No more. No less.

Me. Wealthy?? I wish. I just use my money wisely and don't do irresponsible stupid things and expect others to bail me out.

Kinda funny that the rapid climb in H/C costs started shortly after Medicare came on the scene. One has to wonder what the costs would be if the Govt had kept it big fat nose out of the HC industry.

Guess we'll just wait to see how HC costs come down under Obamacare since it does nothing to address the cost either. Wonder how thats gonna work for those of us who actually pay??

Last edited:
Amen.

Its a "free ride" because when their money runs out, they are using someone elses.

Those that put into Medicare should take out just what they put in. No more. No less.

Me. Wealthy?? I wish. I just use my money wisely and don't do irresponsible stupid things and expect others to bail me out.

Kinda funny that the rapid climb in H/C costs started shortly after Medicare came on the scene. One has to wonder what the costs would be if the Govt had kept it big fat nose out of the HC industry.

Guess we'll just wait to see how HC costs come down under Obamacare since it does nothing to address the cost either. Wonder how thats gonna work for those of us who actually pay??

Do you have health insurance?

Yup. How bout you??

Yup. How bout you??

Sure do.

So let me ask you this. You complain about "free rides" and claim that people should only get out exactly what they put in. Do you understand how the concept of insurance works? Because if you were to fall gravely ill tomorrow and need expensive treatments or an extended hospital stay, do you think you will only be treated up to the amount you have paid towards your insurance? Of course not, because insurance is pooled risk and people can exceed what they have paid in when the time calls for it. That's how the premise of insurance works. So you by your own definition, having health insurance are on a "free ride", unless of course you plan on telling the doctor to stop treatment immediately once they've done as much as you've paid for.

Yup. How bout you??

Sure do.

So let me ask you this. You complain about "free rides" and claim that people should only get out exactly what they put in. Do you understand how the concept of insurance works? Because if you were to fall gravely ill tomorrow and need expensive treatments or an extended hospital stay, do you think you will only be treated up to the amount you have paid towards your insurance? Of course not, because insurance is pooled risk and people can exceed what they have paid in when the time calls for it. That's how the premise of insurance works. So you by your own definition, having health insurance are on a "free ride", unless of course you plan on telling the doctor to stop treatment immediately once they've done as much as you've paid for.

Well put. :clap2:

Amen.

First of all have big doubts that health care insurance rates started climbing when "Medicare came on the scene".

Health care cost will probably NOT go down because of Obamacare.

If you have an employer health care insurance plan, your employer is paying for quite a bit of your insurance premiums. When you retire and America is using Ryan's plan, your income will be fixed yet your insurance rates will be climbing much higher than inflation. Ryan's plan calls for using the CPI overall inflation rate (which measures the average annual inflation) to gauge the increase of government contribution to your voucher plan. BUT health care insurance cost inflation has out paced the CPI by at least four times. So in other words, you'll probably be paying a much higher contribution to your health care insurance than you are now and at the same time you'll be in a fixed income and have much less incoming income and disposable income..

And now that the birfers are going to be shown for the fools they are, what the hell WILL the GOP platform be?

Gays, Guns, God and Greed; greed is no longer a deadly sin, it has become a vitue in the lexicon of the New Right/the former GOP.

THEY (liberals, commies, socialists, gays, lesbians, trial attorney's, civil servents, progressives, Democrats, non Christians, athiests, agnostics, college professors, teachers) HATE (America, freedom, liberty, The Consitutuion, The Second Amendment, God,);

so, real Americans must

FEAR (gays who want your daughter to marry another female and your son to want to marry another male, THEY who want to take your guns away and make America into a socialist nanny state to create a new world order where we all speak Spanglish and eat with chop sticks and are governed by Sharia Law and the Calaphate).

Seems to cover the Republican agenda. Of course the birthers will now insist President Obama prove he's not a Muslim, and soon Rush Limbaugh and/or Sarah Palin will offer more revised history of the economic crisis of 2008, and opine it was and remains the fault of Presidents Carter, Clinton and Obama.

WOW. Did you practice this?? What a bunch of horseshit.

"horseshit"? I'm always amazed by the the sound arguments used to refute my posts.

Gays, Guns, God and Greed; greed is no longer a deadly sin, it has become a vitue in the lexicon of the New Right/the former GOP.

With the exception of the "God" part (which should be replaced with Traditional Values) that sounds like one hell of a winning formula to me, Wry.

You see, those are the things this country was FOUNDED ON, Wry. Traditional Morals & Values, Gun Ownership, Personal Responsibility, and the Right to make your own FORTUNE in life; or to make nothing out of that life at all. Those are the ideals that this Nation was built upon and unless we get back to them pretty soon, we're going to see this nation fall into the vast abyss of history in the near future.

Some detail on Traditional Values is in order, for what is in practice by the right seems incongruent with the original intent of the First Amendment. I see ethical relativism everywhere today, posts on this message board are regularly infused by hypocrisy, denying rights to the ganders while the geese fly free.

Some detail on Traditional Values is in order, for what is in practice by the right seems incongruent with the original intent of the First Amendment. I see ethical relativism everywhere today, posts on this message board are regularly infused by hypocrisy, denying rights to the ganders while the geese fly free.

I will simply say this.... I believe Americans are TOO Free and have way too little in the way of Responsibility and Duty cast upon them to EARN those Freedoms. Of the two dozen plus Amendments to the US Constitution I agree with probably less than half of them.

Polls show the proposal is unpopular with many Americans, and Republican lawmakers are hearing an earful from their constituents.

House Republicans regroup after Medicare anger - Politics - Capitol Hill - msnbc.com

Hmmmmm....so extending tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans at the expense of the elderly is NOT a good GOP platform to run on? Whoda thunkit?:eusa_eh:

pb-110426-paul-ryan-02.grid-6x2.jpg

You've got Republicans at town halls facing down constituents furious about their health plans, bad polling numbers for their ideas, "death panel" rhetoric being leveled against them, and Don Berwick is accusing them of rationing.

“It is paradoxical really that with all this talk of rationing, the proposal we hear about how to fix American health care is to take it away from people. That’s from the very people who are crying rationing,” Don Berwick, the administrator of CMS, said in a wide-ranging interview with POLITICO. “If you look at the proposed withdrawals of support to Medicare beneficiaries and Medicaid, it’s withholding care from the people who need the care. You tell me what that is?”

That pendulum sure swings fast.

Forum List

Back