OK RWers...Let's Say The Republicans Dominate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MarcATL, Apr 27, 2011.

1. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    Let's say they take over in 2012 and not only gain the office then, but for 2 more terms, for a total of 3 terms.

Let's say they even manage to get and keep BOTH House and Senate for that or at least majority for the most of that time.

Is that what you want?

What do you think would happen?

How would it benefit this country? The World?

Would it be a good thing? Is that your ideal?

Expound.

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Depends on whether they're conservative Republicans or not. And... for the record... I don't overly like the idea of any group - including conservatives - having too much power. It usually results in chaos for everyone but the few in power.

3. Robert

Robert Really nice Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I agree I would love to see a 50/50 split with both house's..... The less they can get done or passed the better off we all are.

4. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    OK, then describe your perfect mix.

5. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,315
    Keeping Marxist thugs out of our government is always beneficial to us and the world. For one thing, we won't be flushing an additional $1.5 trillion down the sewer every year.

6. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,315
    There is no benefit to giving any power to the Marxist goons in the Democrat party.

None.

7. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    If these were CONSERVATIVE IDEALISTS in control, then that would be a very good thing.

Under that circumstance you should see a massive reduction in Federal Spending, controls on Immigration, a move towards a more Isolationist and Nationalist society and one based on Morals and Values rather than the Laisez Fair non-ideals of today.

8. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    You've responded twice now and typed quite a few words.

Yet you've said nothing.

9. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    No Marc, republicans are like you, they don't care how many disastrous ideas their party has as long as they're the ones who get to do it.

That's why you don't see outspoken anger by democrats anymore about warmongering in the middle east, was only a problem when Bush did it.

Same reason why republicans are only angry now about big spending and big debt, wasn't a problem when Bush and his house full of republicans did it.

Our parties have no problem taking dumps on the american public, they just want it to be their shit.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'd like to see a mix of opinions on issues, with a central belief in the Constitutional provisions for Federalism and the Balance of Powers. I'd like to see requirements that after X number of days of troop deployments, Congress must either pass war declaration or bring them home. In order to do any of the above, the political elites of both parties need to go. No, that doesn't mean rabble needs to take their places, there are plenty of well educated people that would serve for a time, if the costs weren't what the elites have made them.

The Kennedys, the Bushs, the Clintons, the Roosevelts, the Gores, the Rockefellers none of them had much problems with airing all their laundry, when necessary. The costs? They didn't care. The behavior has made it very difficult to attract those that are qualified to serve.

I don't think in my lifetime there's been more of a threat to our country's survival from within.