Hope & change vs. sour grapes

Liberals might win if this was 2016...but it's 2015 last time I checked. What will they do for everyone from here on out.......throw Christians to the lions?
Cons reject the fact that there are vast numbers of "liberal Christians". Jesus IS a liberal. You'll see next year.
Jesus was not a liberal. At least not the kind of liberal that we have today. Liberals aren't even liberals anymore.
Let me break it down for you as simply as I can.
Jesus is all about peace, love, forgiveness, helping the elderly, giving to the poor, feeding the hungry, and paying your taxes.
Those are all liberal issues, which cons are against.

Let me make it even simpler, you are full of crap.

I don't want to turn this discussion into one about religion but if Jesus Christ stood for anything at all it would be a wholesale concern for the poor. Something that would bring him into direct opposition to Republican politicians and their policies. JC made it clear that concern for the poor was an essential principle of his faith.
Not true. That is the big lie of the left. Democrats aren't concerned about the poor. They just want to make more of them.

BTW, Jesus said the poor would always be with us....he wouldn't be.

Liberals might win if this was 2016...but it's 2015 last time I checked. What will they do for everyone from here on out.......throw Christians to the lions?
Cons reject the fact that there are vast numbers of "liberal Christians". Jesus IS a liberal. You'll see next year.
Jesus was not a liberal. At least not the kind of liberal that we have today. Liberals aren't even liberals anymore.
Jesus is all about peace, love, forgiveness, helping the elderly, giving to the poor, feeding the hungry, and paying your taxes.

I don't want to turn this discussion into one about religion but if Jesus Christ stood for anything at all it would be a wholesale concern for the poor. Something that would bring him into direct opposition to Republican politicians and their policies. JC made it clear that concern for the poor was an essential principle of his faith.

Libs only concern themselves with the poor at election time.

Not true. That is the big lie of the left. Democrats aren't concerned about the poor. They just want to make more of them.

It was Romney who said he wasn't very concerned about the poor and his thoughts represent the party quite well.

Republicans don't concern themselves with the poor at any time.

Really? See church run urban gardens, food banks,soup kitchens and 24/7 vans picking up homeless out of the cold taking them to church run shelters.

Really? See church run urban gardens, food banks,soup kitchens and 24/7 vans picking up homeless out of the cold taking them to church run shelters.

Really? I think the number of prisons built in this country kind of dulls the impact of small works

It was Romney who said he wasn't very concerned about the poor and his thoughts represent the party quite well.

LOL, you obviously have no concept of context.

The point he made about the "47%" was spot on, it was not derisive nor was it a "put down".

In 2016 the Republicans win in a landslide, as the American people express their own means of check-and-balance. I expected Obama's victory in 2008 for very same reason. A little bit of change or making war is fine. But there comes a time when we citizens apply the brakes and say time out, for now enough is enough.

How will you do that without the youth vote, the Hispanic vote, the women vote, the gay vote, the Independent vote? Republicans have ignored those segments of the voting population since they were warned multiple times about it after the 2012 election. You cannot win without drawing these people into your tent and all you have done is block the entrance.
Republicans were the first to propose amnesty. Democrats wouldn't touch it with a 10 meter cattle-prod at first. Instead, Democrat encourage illegals to enter the United States illegally, in effect, making the problem worse.

Women are just as concerned as everybody else with financial security. They aren't always thinking about having an abortion or needing taxpayer paid birth control. 5 years ago the idea would have been laughed out of the room. Now Democrats are demanding it and claiming that women are as well. These are two issues that Democrat created out of nothing. They created them to divide us.

It's the left that stands up for welfare for the poor, the right tries to destroy it. Your shit don't flush. It's the left that stands up for foodstamps for the hungry, the right tries to destroy it. Your shit don't flush. It's the right that stands up for the rich, not the poor. Your shit don't flush.
It's obvious that the rich do as much as they can to insure the poor remain. It's been like that since before Jesus.
you mis-interpret your bible...Jesus said, "Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also." That's forever.

Really? I think the number of prisons built in this country kind of dulls the impact of small works

Yeah? What are libs doing about it in a year round meaningful way?

Besides defunding group houses and mental health facilities via Obamacare?

The point he made about the "47%" was spot on, it was not derisive nor was it a "put down".

That may be your rewrite, the rest of us see it as his legacy.

In 2016 the Republicans win in a landslide, as the American people express their own means of check-and-balance. I expected Obama's victory in 2008 for very same reason. A little bit of change or making war is fine. But there comes a time when we citizens apply the brakes and say time out, for now enough is enough.

How will you do that without the youth vote, the Hispanic vote, the women vote, the gay vote, the Independent vote? Republicans have ignored those segments of the voting population since they were warned multiple times about it after the 2012 election. You cannot win without drawing these people into your tent and all you have done is block the entrance.
Republicans were the first to propose amnesty. Democrats wouldn't touch it with a 10 meter cattle-prod at first. Instead, Democrat encourage illegals to enter the United States illegally, in effect, making the problem worse.

Women are just as concerned as everybody else with financial security. They aren't always thinking about having an abortion or needing taxpayer paid birth control. 5 years ago the idea would have been laughed out of the room. Now Democrats are demanding it and claiming that women are as well. These are two issues that Democrat created out of nothing. They created them to divide us.

Everyone familiar with immigration understands it is the Chamber of Commerce who is the heart of the problem. Democrats aren't the leaders of industry putting illegals to work. Women would like the finances to take care of their own problems why do Republicans resist equal pay?

Talk about out of context. Mittens wasn't saying 47% were poor, he was writing off 47% of voters. And he was insinuating that the 47% were less American. That's a "put down".

It's the left that stands up for welfare for the poor, the right tries to destroy it. Your shit don't flush. It's the left that stands up for foodstamps for the hungry, the right tries to destroy it. Your shit don't flush. It's the right that stands up for the rich, not the poor. Your shit don't flush.
It's obvious that the rich do as much as they can to insure the poor remain. It's been like that since before Jesus.
you mis-interpret your bible...Jesus said, "Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also." That's forever.
Every single one of those Democrats in Washington are rich. Their primary goal is to take our money and give it to themselves. Their other goal is to make the Middle-class pay through the nose till they are poor as well. They want two classes in the country, themselves and the unwashed masses that depend on them.

And I didn't mis-interpret the Bible. Jesus said there will always be poor people. Give to them when you can help. That's what charity is. That's what Republicans statistically do in greater numbers than Democrats. Democrats believe in Governmental Charity that forces everyone to give to the the government.....and then the government decides who benefits from that charity.

That is going to be the 2016 election. Obama has fulfilled his promise of change, there's no denying it. Healthcare and equal rights trophies sit on his mantle. And the only things the GOP have to run on is repealing them Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, and repeal of the ACA.
The other issues for republicans are immigration to split up Mexican families and deport them, another war with Iran and ISIS, privatizing Social Security and Medicare which will throw the elderly out in the street, and demonizing Hilary's emails.
Meanwhile, the democrats will be running on getting single payer for the ACA, getting rid of the remnants of bigotry, getting the rich to pay their taxes, and making it possible for immigrants to come out of the shadows and become responsible citizens.

The 2016 election couldn't be a more clear choice between positive and negative.

So tell me moron, what exactly did obama do to grant gays the right to marry?

I swear to God you progressives get dumber and dumber by the day.
Obama promised change. Because of his appointments to the SC, that change happened, instead of the ones Mittens would have put on the court. If that's too complicated for you to understand, maybe I can find a childrens book that illustrates it for you.

Hey dumb fuck, John Roberts was the deciding vote, he was put in by George W.

As usual, you don't have a clue what you are saying. Idiot.

Every single one of those Democrats in Washington are rich. Their primary goal is to take our money and give it to themselves. Their other goal is to make the Middle-class pay through the nose till they are poor as well. They want two classes in the country, themselves and the unwashed masses that depend on them.

And I didn't mis-interpret the Bible. Jesus said there will always be poor people. Give to them when you can help. That's what charity is. That's what Republicans statistically do in greater numbers than Democrats. Democrats believe in Governmental Charity that forces everyone to give to the the government.....and then the government decides who benefits from that charity.

Republicans all claim to be devout Christians. But between the compassionate works of Christ and their cold-hearted, mean spirtited ideology, there is a great gulf in interpretation of being Christlike.

Talk about out of context. Mittens wasn't saying 47% were poor, he was writing off 47% of voters. And he was insinuating that the 47% were less American. That's a "put down".
Nope....he was saying that 47% of us don't pay income taxes.....so offering them tax-cuts is a useless endeavor. Those who own businesses and pay huge tax bills are the only ones that Republicans can reach with that argument.

That is going to be the 2016 election. Obama has fulfilled his promise of change, there's no denying it. Healthcare and equal rights trophies sit on his mantle. And the only things the GOP have to run on is repealing them Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, and repeal of the ACA.
The other issues for republicans are immigration to split up Mexican families and deport them, another war with Iran and ISIS, privatizing Social Security and Medicare which will throw the elderly out in the street, and demonizing Hilary's emails.
Meanwhile, the democrats will be running on getting single payer for the ACA, getting rid of the remnants of bigotry, getting the rich to pay their taxes, and making it possible for immigrants to come out of the shadows and become responsible citizens.

The 2016 election couldn't be a more clear choice between positive and negative.

He put two Dykes on the court.

Those two replaced previous liberals. He didn't do anything to deserve credit for the SCOTUS decision.

Obama promised change. Because of his appointments to the SC, that change happened, instead of the ones Mittens would have put on the court. If that's too complicated for you to understand, maybe I can find a childrens book that illustrates it for you.

Hey dumb fuck, John Roberts was the deciding vote, he was put in by George W.

As usual, you don't have a clue what you are saying. Idiot.
W obviously wasn't as partisan as Obama. Obama would never seat someone who didn't believe in his ideology. That's the thing about the Bush clan. They pick good justices without consideration of their ideology. They just hope they make valid decisions. Once they're seated all bets are off. Obama picks justices that are biased and believe in judicial activism. The character of these two presidents is reflective in their choices.

He put two Dykes on the court.

Those two replaced previous liberals. He didn't do anything to deserve credit for the SCOTUS decision.
Actually he does. Both of his picks are a guarantee. The others could go either way. The goal was to get two, possibly three judges that wouldn't rule according to the laws and our constitution, but rule the way Obama wants....and remain there for decades ruling that way. Future laws will come under review that these appointees will effect. Gun rights are up for grabs now.

Forum List

Back