Hope & change vs. sour grapes

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
That is going to be the 2016 election. Obama has fulfilled his promise of change, there's no denying it. Healthcare and equal rights trophies sit on his mantle. And the only things the GOP have to run on is repealing them Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, and repeal of the ACA.
The other issues for republicans are immigration to split up Mexican families and deport them, another war with Iran and ISIS, privatizing Social Security and Medicare which will throw the elderly out in the street, and demonizing Hilary's emails.
Meanwhile, the democrats will be running on getting single payer for the ACA, getting rid of the remnants of bigotry, getting the rich to pay their taxes, and making it possible for immigrants to come out of the shadows and become responsible citizens.

The 2016 election couldn't be a more clear choice between positive and negative.

With his victories this past week, Obama's legacy will be the most successful POTUS in history. And if a bigot assassinates him now, the GOP will become extinct almost immediately.

That is going to be the 2016 election. Obama has fulfilled his promise of change, there's no denying it. Healthcare and equal rights trophies sit on his mantle. And the only things the GOP have to run on is repealing them Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, and repeal of the ACA.
The other issues for republicans are immigration to split up Mexican families and deport them, another war with Iran and ISIS, privatizing Social Security and Medicare which will throw the elderly out in the street, and demonizing Hilary's emails.
Meanwhile, the democrats will be running on getting single payer for the ACA, getting rid of the remnants of bigotry, getting the rich to pay their taxes, and making it possible for immigrants to come out of the shadows and become responsible citizens.

The 2016 election couldn't be a more clear choice between positive and negative.
So the Democrats have to invent issues to win on. Many of the issues you talk about weren't even known to be a problem 20 years ago. Now Democrats have divided the country just to create them and make it look like they're winners. Gays had domestic partnerships and we had the best health care system in the world. Who can forget the rollout of Obamacare or the Iranian nuke negotiations, two major policies that Obama has screwed the pooch on.

It really doesn't matter to you people that Obama and most Democrats can't grab their asses with both hands free as long as they can deliver same-sex marriage. Doesn't matter that all of their promises turned out to be lies on Obamacare. Who benefits from it and who is getting screwed. Obamas Stimulus cost $900 billion dollars. Obamacare to date has cost close to a trillion. Yet who really benefits from them? Not you or me.

If you have a job you're getting screwed out of your money. He's intentionally jacking up your energy bills. He's raised the price of food, booze, tobacco, medicine. The only thing he hasn't raised is the price of gas...mainly because he has no control over that anymore. The market made that decision for him. Life under Obama sucks.

So gays can get married now. I am very happy for them. I have friends that didn't believe it was possible. Now they have to find someone they feel they can trust will stay with them for the rest of their lives. It's up to them. They now have the right to make it work like the rest of us. However, I feel this doesn't end here. The left will continue to press the issue, and will become the oppressors instead of the oppressed. They will attack religious institutions and try to ban them from getting tax-free status. They will accuse them of bigotry and turn this victory into and all out assault on religious freedoms in America.

Last edited:

So tell me moron, what exactly did obama do to grant gays the right to marry?

I swear to God you progressives get dumber and dumber by the day.

With his victories this past week, Obama's legacy will be the most successful POTUS in history. And if a bigot assassinates him now, the GOP will become extinct almost immediately.
Do you normally shoot at clouds in the sky?
Until just now I didn't realize you were a con. I actually thought you had a grasp of reality. eh.

So the Democrats have to invent issues to win on. Many of the issues you talk about weren't even known to be a problem 20 years ago. Now Democrats have divided the country just to create them and make it look like they're winners. Gays had domestic partnerships and we had the best health care system in the world. Who can forget the rollout of Obamacare or the Iranian nuke negotiations, two major policies that Obama has screwed the pooch on.

It really doesn't matter to you people that Obama and most Democrats can't grab their asses with both hands free as long as they can deliver same-sex marriage. Doesn't matter that all of their promises turned out to be lies on Obamacare. Who benefits from it and who is getting screwed. Obamas Stimulus cost $900 billion dollars. Obamacare to date has cost close to a trillion. Yet who really benefits from them? Not you or me.

If you have a job you're getting screwed out of your money. He's intentionally jacking up your energy bills. He's raised the price of food, booze, tobacco, medicine. The only thing he hasn't raised is the price of gas...mainly because he has no control over that anymore. The market made that decision for him. Life under Obama sucks.

So gays can get married now. I am very happy for them. I have friends that didn't believe it was possible. Now they have to find someone they feel they can trust will stay with them for the rest of their lives. It's up to them. They now have the right to make it work like the rest of us. However, I feel this doesn't end here. The left will continue to press the issue, and will become the oppressors instead of the oppressed. They will attack religious institutions and try to ban them from getting tax-free status. They will accuse them of bigotry and turn this victory into and all out assault on religious freedoms in America.

Actually it was the 1992 Pat Robertson movement that put the huge wedge between the parties and the right continued to go farther right .
The right wing party now picked up thousands of christians claiming to be the christian party. The left have alway held on to many of its ideas throughout the years. I don't believe in everything on the left, but I certainly won't be told that if I don't vote right I am not a christian. Even though Bush and Cheney lied to everyone they still claim that the right is the christian way to vote.

Until just now I didn't realize you were a con. I actually thought you had a grasp of reality. eh.
I does, but you need not exaggerate the use of your prognosticator..

Actually it was the 1992 Pat Robertson movement that put the huge wedge between the parties and the right continued to go farther right .
The right wing party now picked up thousands of christians claiming to be the christian party. The left have alway held on to many of its ideas throughout the years. I don't believe in everything on the left, but I certainly won't be told that if I don't vote right I am not a christian. Even though Bush and Cheney lied to everyone they still claim that the right is the christian way to vote.
Grass roots evangelical political movement....

The guy lives in a higher understanding and reality than many of us. Did you ever fight in a war? May open your eyes a little.

It is quite a stretch to see you trying to talk to anyone about "reality" my friend.

Obama promised change. Because of his appointments to the SC, that change happened, instead of the ones Mittens would have put on the court. If that's too complicated for you to understand, maybe I can find a childrens book that illustrates it for you.

obama has largely fulfilled his promise of transformation. If the public likes the new republic there will be a democrat president. If the public rebels, the democrats will be swept aside.

One thing you can count on, no matter who wins the next election, half the country will not accept the outcome. We will continue to be a boiling pot, not a melting pot.

Pat Robertson isn't a politician. He's a pastor. Democrats are the ones who saw the opportunity to create a wedge-issue. Christians aren't going to change their beliefs just because liberals won another court battle. The difference now is Republicans aren't going to make same-sex marriage a platform in the election if they're smart.

Funny thing is, most Blacks and Hispanics don't believe in same-sex marriage. California actually voted not to allow it.

He put two Dykes on the court.

Forum List

Back