Homosexuality isn't a mental illness because:

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
In 1973 a small certain group said so. Based on popular consensus. Basically, because they SAY so. Apparently. Ask Neil Degrasse Tyson.

• Banned
In 1973, The APA removed homosexuality from its list of mental illness or sickness. Why? That is the question. Not on scientific tests OR PROOF. No proof whatso ever. Nope. So called "Consensus". I want facts and proof, sorry APA. Science demands facts and evidence, consensus be damned.

In 1973, The APA removed homosexuality from its list of mental illness or sickness. Why? That is the question. Not on scientific tests OR PROOF. No proof whatso ever. Nope. So called "Consensus". I want facts and proof, sorry APA. Science demands facts and evidence, consensus be damned.
The APA removed homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses because of pressure from homosexuals, homosexuals' families and homosexuals' friends.

The AMA also considered women mentally unstable at one time along with evaluating their inability to control their emotions.

Homosexuality does not behave as a mental illness. It's more like a compulsive anomaly. It appears in about 10% of every population and always has.

The AMA also considered women mentally unstable at one time along with evaluating their inability to control their emotions.
My stepmother always voted for the candidate that was to her, the cutest. She didn't know anything about their policies.

Ask Neil Degrasse Tyson.
Do agree that reversing anything said by that stooge NDT is a quick way to get right answers most of the time . But I was very impressed with Nature when I learned that the bigger the sequence of brothers , the greater the chance of homosexualty as the sequence continues . That is , it is as though Nature knows what is going on and always regresses toward the mean .

methinks you'll find those countries that advocated hormone treatment FOR homosexuality are now struggling with hormone treatments for those wishing TO transition Mary

ergo popular consensus has been at loggerheads with science for quite some time.....

~S~

methinks you'll find those countries that advocated hormone treatment FOR homosexuality are now struggling with hormone treatments for those wishing TO transition Mary

ergo popular consensus has been at loggerheads with science for quite some time.....

~S~
If you sit back and review in depth , you can make a good case for arguing that every major consensus opinion has become highly questionable .I open my case with Newtonian Physics( the most obvious one , given Quantum Theory ), move on to Einsteins Special Relativity Theory and then Darwins Evolutionary Theory .All now seriously questioned .All found wanting in key areas with Quantum Theory , which is most removed from common sense, seemingly impregnable at this point .

Homosexuality does not behave as a mental illness. It's more like a compulsive anomaly. It appears in about 10% of every population and always has.
The ten percent myth originated with the original Kinsey Report, which drew its results from surveys of inmates in state prisons. (In statistics, they call that a "bias"). The actual number is a little over one percent, although you would never know it from the out-sized influence of the Gay Mafia in the U.S. today.

It is a biological anomaly.
And much, much, much rarer is the biological anomaly of transgenders. Extremely rare.
But for all kinds of maddening reasons there are now millions of people PRETENDING to be trans, and gullible-virtue signaling liberals just can't stop themselves from making these sick posers - actual heroes.

Maybe God intended it as a form of population control.
Not God but " Nature " perhaps As mentioned elsewhere , the greater the number of male children in sequence , the greater the chance a younger one will be homosexual .Odd .

I don't consider it a mental illness and I see nothing at all wrong with it.

It should not be vilified, nor should it be promoted. If this forum is any indication, the right as a general rule tends to vilify and the left promotes to the point that they start indoctrinating children at an early age.

I don't consider it a mental illness and I see nothing at all wrong with it.

It should not be vilified, nor should it be promoted. If this forum is any indication, the right as a general rule tends to vilify and the left promotes to the point that they start indoctrinating children at an early age.

The right is responding to attempts to force acceptance, not tolerance.

Forum List

Back