Gen Z Has a Loneliness Problem

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

en Z might feel less stigma talking about their mental health concerns, but the younger generation is still facing a heavy mental health crisis and reports far higher rates of loneliness, a new study from RedBox Rx found.

Altogether, three out of four Americans said they struggled with mental health in 2023, but the numbers were far more troubling for Gen Z and Millennials.

In the Gen Z cohort, 41 percent said they struggled with their mental health, alongside 36 percent of Millennials. That was compared to 21 percent of adults aged 45 and over.

"Mental health remains a struggle for many Americans," Daniel Fick, RedBox Rx's chief medical officer, said in a statement. "The findings from this study demonstrate that more resources and support are needed to help individuals manage their mental health, especially younger adults."

Pro-Tip......Everybody goes through shit. You buck up and drive on....Or not.

Difference is…Back in my day no one cared, it wasn’t excused nor tolerated as a excuse to be a lame.

I swear, I've never seen so many useless people or equally useless "professionals" that want to coddle them.....It's like a little boo boo on a toddler, it's excused, pampered, and used as excuse to avoid what they don’t like or want to do.

Indeed they are actually encouraged to have issues, even use faux issues to out victim each other, they wallow in it endlessly, and are never pushed to work thru it.

I suspect the explosion of single mothers is a huge reason.

Last edited:
Yeah .. when you're glued to your iPhone or Xbox all day with little to no social interaction ... you don't have two parents .... you don't go out to play and come home when the street lights are on .. and all the great things Gen Xer's experienced .. it's going to be a lonely time where you continue to rely on social media to "educate" you.

A lot of it has to do with what's perceived as interacting with society through the limited view of an Apple

or Google Android device. Google and Apple (and Microsoft) have De Facto become 3rd party arbiters of

human interaction.

Every now and again I'll be at a gun shop that specializes in older arms and some "kid" will walk in and express a interest in say a WW-2 firearm.

They will ask a question and at least one person hanging there will have a wealth of knowledge on the firearm.

It's amazing how they will soak the info up acting like it's the first time anyone ever bothered talking to them so maybe it's just a matter of one-on-one exposure to knowledgeable normal people that they lack.

A lot fewer marriages and dating as well. Bunch of little whiney faggots being produced by the education system and their deviant agendas.
Less marriages is a good thing. That means less divorces. Less dating is the result of people working all the time. There simply is no time for that kind of unnecessary stuff.

en Z might feel less stigma talking about their mental health concerns, but the younger generation is still facing a heavy mental health crisis and reports far higher rates of loneliness, a new study from RedBox Rx found.

Altogether, three out of four Americans said they struggled with mental health in 2023, but the numbers were far more troubling for Gen Z and Millennials.

In the Gen Z cohort, 41 percent said they struggled with their mental health, alongside 36 percent of Millennials. That was compared to 21 percent of adults aged 45 and over.

"Mental health remains a struggle for many Americans," Daniel Fick, RedBox Rx's chief medical officer, said in a statement. "The findings from this study demonstrate that more resources and support are needed to help individuals manage their mental health, especially younger adults."

Difference is…Back in my day no one cared, it wasn’t excused nor tolerated as a excuse to be a lame.

I swear, I've never seen so many useless people or equally useless "professionals" that want to coddle them.....It's like a little boo boo on a toddler, it's excused, pampered, and used as excuse to avoid what they don’t like or want to do.

Indeed they are actually encouraged to have issues, even use faux issues to out victim each other, they wallow in it endlessly, and are never pushed to work thru it.

All of this. Yes.

Their "mental health" is bad bc they are obsessed with their mental health.

We are a mess.

Less marriages is a good thing. That means less divorces. Less dating is the result of people working all the time. There simply is no time for that kind of unnecessary stuff.

Yes, this is the narrative perverts and sickos favor.

3 outta 4 of us are sick?

eh?....ahem....???

~S~
Sick? I doubt it.

It's just a well paid sounding board out there now making money hand over fist listening to and coddling people, and telling them that their poor choices are not their fault who, just a generation ago, handled the slings and arrows that life hurled at them on their own or sought advice from their (2) parents or another such persons in their life that they trusted.

Sick? I doubt it.

It's just a well paid sounding board out there now making money hand over fist listening to and coddling people, and telling them that their poor choices are not their fault who, just a generation ago, handled the slings and arrows that life hurled at them on their own or sought advice from their (2) parents or another such persons in their life that they trusted.
Relluc....

If 75% of your friends and family are nuts......maybe it's not them!

~S~

Shut up, you have no idea of the utter worth negated in your pot shots at the young, you teach them nothing but hate and anger.

29% of adults have also been diagnosed with depression.

And now for the real bad news:

73% of those prescribed anti-depressants have not been diagnosed with depression.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back