Homeownership rate drops to 63.4%, lowest since 1967

I can see that point of view, but in the same respect they're throwing all that money away. At least with a mortgage payment you're building equity and will likely get that money back when you eventually move away or ultimately pay the house off and no longer have to worry about a mortgage or rent payment.

All bets are off until you get financial institutions back in line. How many millions have Citicorp and JPMorgan Chase paid in fines since Obama was elected? Democrats want larger fines and jail time for both, Republicans?....not so much.

IMO, both should be fined 25% total assets, and the top two floors as well as the board of directors should be jailed.

Yep, I've been following it for over a year now. Very sad. ... FYI - There is NO recovery. As a matter of fact, we're going backwards.

If you've been following 'it' for over a year, how is Vegas doing?
Look it up.

You are the one touting to be well read on the subject, I would have thought you'd know.
I said that I keep up with the decline in home ownership. I said nothing about Vegas. If you want to know about a certain area of the country, the information can be researched on the internet, which I'm sure you have access. It only takes a minute to type in Vegas housing market. Don't be lazy. If you're interested in the decline in home ownership, that too is easily researched. Don't be lazy. You have internet access if you're really interested in the numbers.

My kids are not interested in buying homes, they'd rather rent, more freedom...they are not tied down, and there is times I wished I rented..

I can see that point of view, but in the same respect they're throwing all that money away. At least with a mortgage payment you're building equity and will likely get that money back when you eventually move away or ultimately pay the house off and no longer have to worry about a mortgage or rent payment.

what about all the money you're throwing away paying property taxes?

What is the net cost of property tax after you deduct? I'll bet it's less than building and maintaining your street and sidewalk.

My kids are not interested in buying homes, they'd rather rent, more freedom...they are not tied down, and there is times I wished I rented..

what about all the money you're throwing away paying property taxes?

You think you're not paying property taxes when you rent? You're just paying someone else's.

You should NEVER own the house where you live.

I said that I keep up with the decline in home ownership. I said nothing about Vegas. If you want to know about a certain area of the country, the information can be researched on the internet, which I'm sure you have access. It only takes a minute to type in Vegas housing market. Don't be lazy. If you're interested in the decline in home ownership, that too is easily researched. Don't be lazy. You have internet access if you're really interested in the numbers.

You stated:

Yep, I've been following it for over a year now. Very sad. ... FYI - There is NO recovery. As a matter of fact, we're going backwards.

I brought a sector in which nullifies your claim, so you either ignorant, or your handlers hired the wrong person.

You stated:

I brought a sector in which nullifies your claim, so you either ignorant, or your handlers hired the wrong person.
Nullifies what claim? You "brought" what sector? Where's the evidence that shows home ownership is NOT in a decline? Are you saying that home ownership has increased since it's peak of 2007? OK, show me where I'm ignorant. What handlers are you talking about? I have NO handlers. Are you on strong meds, or illegal drugs?

New buyers have poor credit ratings and shaky job security

In addition the days where real estate is a sure thing investment are gone

You stated:

images3LFIT7CL.jpg

You stated:

Nullifies what claim? You "brought" what sector? Where's the evidence that shows home ownership is NOT in a decline? Are you saying that home ownership has increased since it's peak of 2007? OK, show me where I'm ignorant. What handlers are you talking about? I have NO handlers. Are you on strong meds, or illegal drugs?
1% is just very very slow, no meds or drugs so far as I know.

Home ownership was once the best investment for young Americans. You were guaranteed to triple your investment and the value of your home would easily surpass what you put into it

Now, interest rates are low but the value of the homes are stagnant. Renting is not such a bad option

They should break down the demographics by age. A lot of younger people aren't into owning and maintaining a home. Partly because they don't know how to and aren't really interested in learning.

Where is your evidence of that?

Owning a home is NOT the American dream...it is the bankster's dream...that Americans become debt serfs servicing a big mortgage and enriching the banksters. Nice racket.

10000% stupid and liberal of course. We are all in business and we all legitimately want folks to buy our products. As buyers we generally make good buying decisions which explains why we buy far more homes than pet rocks. Do you understand that bankers and pet rock makers have competing dreams while the customer decides whose dream is realized ???

Thanks to the pure beauty of capitalism we don't get ripped off when we buy things because a business has to charge the lowest price possible in the entire world or be driven into bankruptcy by competition.

Welcome to your very first lesson in economics. Feel free to thank me.

Last edited:

You stated:

You stated: I've been following it for over a year now.

You stated: There is NO recovery.

You stated: we're going backwards.

I brought in the Vegas market which has seen a 50% or more gain in equity over the last two years.

You stated: I have NO handlers. Which makes you ignorant.

Forum List

Back