First-time buyers ‘rate-locked’ out of housing market

I've got a home and a lot I'm putting up for sale this Spring (or sooner) and I'm amazed what lack of availability has done to prices.....Even a 40s era home on a town lot is bringing 300K+ now.

Dad paid 6K for the house and 1.5K for the lot in 1963.

Nothing is staying listed for long. There are just a handful of homes (mostly over 1M with acreage) available in my AO, hardly nothing for rent.

I don't even think I'm going to use a realtor, why give away money. I'll just put a ad in the Washington Post and see what happens. I already have a guy offering me stupid money for the lot.

Last edited:
Yea but the average house didn’t cost $430k.

Housing is unaffordable for young people now.
Yep. So living at home with parents, working full time and saving every penny for 10 years is a wise move. Getting married in one's late 30s is a win win win all around.

Bidenomics. Nobody wants to risk the capital building homes.
Plus you’ve got Joe letting millions of illegals flood in needing housing.

I just looked up today's average rate: 7.605%. I would have killed for that as a first-time buyer in the 80's.

US homebuilding sees biggest drop since April 2020.
my earliest memories were you didnt consider buying a house without 50% down with interest rates in the dbl digits,, and having full price was the smartest route,,

debt slavery is the real goal,,

Bidenomics. Nobody wants to risk the capital building homes.
Plus you’ve got Joe letting millions of illegals flood in needing housing.

I just looked up today's average rate: 7.605%. I would have killed for that as a first-time buyer in the 80's.

US homebuilding sees biggest drop since April 2020.
The Marxist model of housing

1708150874016.png

As less and less people are able to afford homes, the more this will become the norm.

Forum List

Back