Stiglitz on Globalization. Topic 1. Capital Market globalization, has created instability

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2013

Since it's a long talk , I've decided to break up the presentation by topics.
Minutes 3 to 7.

Globalization was expected to bring greater economic stability, but it hasn't lived up to that expectation.

"It was expected that global financial market integration would lead to greater financial stability.
The IMF almost forced many of the countries of the world to take the restrictions on short term captial flows.
The global economy has experienced enormous instability in recent years.
Part of the reason is that the policies like capital market liberalization have been pushed too far..."

Do you agree with the OP statement ? If not , why ? In which countries "in development" has the opening of capital markets brought more stability ?

The global economy has experienced enormous instability in recent years.

can culture creep give us the best examples of this?? I wonder why the liberal clean forgot to do it??

Financial crisis - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There you go Ed, 16 crisis since 1990.... and I am sure that wiki list isn't extensive.

dear too stupid I didn't ask for another cut and paste to hide your your liberal ignorance. Can you give us the best examples of this enormous instability or must you admit yet again that you lack the IQ to be here????

Forum List

Back