Homeownership rate drops to 63.4%, lowest since 1967

Owning a home is NOT the American dream...it is the bankster's dream...that Americans become debt serfs servicing a big mortgage and enriching the banksters. Nice racket.

My kids are not interested in buying homes, they'd rather rent, more freedom...they are not tied down, and there is times I wished I rented..

My kids are not interested in buying homes, they'd rather rent, more freedom...they are not tied down, and there is times I wished I rented..

I can see that point of view, but in the same respect they're throwing all that money away. At least with a mortgage payment you're building equity and will likely get that money back when you eventually move away or ultimately pay the house off and no longer have to worry about a mortgage or rent payment.

I can see that point of view, but in the same respect they're throwing all that money away. At least with a mortgage payment you're building equity and will likely get that money back when you eventually move away or ultimately pay the house off and no longer have to worry about a mortgage or rent payment.
I've told them but they don't seem to care..I mean, I have bruises on my ass from kicking myself for not buying property that I should have..and made a profit..

what about all the money you're throwing away paying property taxes?

It's tax deductible...

You think you're not paying property taxes when you rent? You're just paying someone else's.

You think you're not paying property taxes when you rent? You're just paying someone else's.

true

They should break down the demographics by age. A lot of younger people aren't into owning and maintaining a home. Partly because they don't know how to and aren't really interested in learning.

Owning a home is NOT the American dream...it is the bankster's dream...that Americans become debt serfs servicing a big mortgage and enriching the banksters. Nice racket.

I own five homes. All cash. How is that the 'bankers dream?'

As a parent you should show your kids how to buy and rent the property for additional income. More money, more freedom.

FYI: you should NEVER live in the house you own. I have five, but I don't 'officially' own them.

Forum List

Back