Homeland Security Shifted $10 Million From FEMA For Immigrant Crackdown

Tribal sovereignty in the United States is the concept of the inherent authority of indigenous tribes to govern themselves within the borders of the United States. The U.S. federal government recognizes tribal nations as "domestic dependent nations" and has established a number of laws attempting to clarify the relationship between the federal, state, and tribal governments.

Tribal sovereignty in the United States - Wikipedia

What is the legal status of American Indians and Alaska Native Tribes?
Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution of the United States vests the Congress with the authority to engage in relations with the Tribes. When the governmental authority of Tribes was first challenged in the 1830's, Chief Justice John Marshall articulated a fundamental principle that has guided the evolution of federal Indian law -- Tribes retain certain inherent powers of self-government as "domestic dependent nations."

What is the relationship between the United States and the Tribes?
The relationship between the Tribes and the United States is one of a government to a government. This principle has shaped the history of dealings between the federal government and the tribes.

What does the term "Federally-Recognized Tribe" mean?
Recognition" is a legal term meaning that the United States recognizes a government-to-government relationship with a Tribe and that a Tribe exists politically in a "domestic dependent nation" status. Federally-recognized Tribes possess certain inherent powers of self-government and entitlement to certain federal benefits, services, and protections because of the special trust relationship.

How are tribes organized?
Tribes have the inherent right to operate under their own governmental systems. Many have adopted Constitutions, while others operate under Articles of Association or other bodies of law, and some still have traditional systems of government. The chief executive of a Tribe is generally called tribal chairperson, principal chief, governor, or president. A tribal council or legislature often performs the legislative function for a Tribe, although some Tribes require a referendum of the membership to enact laws. Additionally, a significant number of Tribes have created tribal court systems.

About Native Americans

Wikipedia is a bullshit "source". Invalidated.

Could not possibly give a shit about any of the rest of it, since it's irrelevant to the question of things happening PRIOR to all of that.

Fact remains that none of those groups of people constituted any sort of sovereign nation at the time of colonization, nor did any of them have anything resembling a codified law against immigration at that time, ergo none of the colonists could have been "illegal" in any sense of that word.

End of story. You lose. Case closed.

Tribal sovereignty in the United States is the concept of the inherent authority of indigenous tribes to govern themselves within the borders of the United States. The U.S. federal government recognizes tribal nations as "domestic dependent nations" and has established a number of laws attempting to clarify the relationship between the federal, state, and tribal governments.

Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution of the United States vests the Congress with the authority to engage in relations with the Tribes. When the governmental authority of Tribes was first challenged in the 1830's, Chief Justice John Marshall articulated a fundamental principle that has guided the evolution of federal Indian law -- Tribes retain certain inherent powers of self-government as "domestic dependent nations."

The relationship between the Tribes and the United States is one of a government to a government. This principle has shaped the history of dealings between the federal government and the tribes.

Recognition" is a legal term meaning that the United States recognizes a government-to-government relationship with a Tribe and that a Tribe exists politically in a "domestic dependent nation" status. Federally-recognized Tribes possess certain inherent powers of self-government and entitlement to certain federal benefits, services, and protections because of the special trust relationship.

Tribes have the inherent right to operate under their own governmental systems. Many have adopted Constitutions, while others operate under Articles of Association or other bodies of law, and some still have traditional systems of government. The chief executive of a Tribe is generally called tribal chairperson, principal chief, governor, or president. A tribal council or legislature often performs the legislative function for a Tribe, although some Tribes require a referendum of the membership to enact laws. Additionally, a significant number of Tribes have created tribal court systems.

About Native Americans

Could not possibly give a shit about any of the rest of it, since it's irrelevant to the question of things happening PRIOR to all of that.

Fact remains that none of those groups of people constituted any sort of sovereign nation at the time of colonization, nor did any of them have anything resembling a codified law against immigration at that time, ergo none of the colonists could have been "illegal" in any sense of that word.

they had no laws. They only had respect due to handshakes.

I support anything that upsets white-hating, stompy-foot crybaby IM2; I don't want him to feel any satisfaction in life at all. Which he most assuredly won't due to his attitude.

Don't try speaking for me b. You too, are a descendant of criminals

1002a0db9333c140d90a6bf8e0c4cb5d.jpg

Don' say s--- about borders anymore.

LOL - Not sure what you are trying to say here? Conquest is part of history.
What he is saying is that the United States is an illegal government and should never have existed. Therefore we have no right to defend borders which are only a consequence of the illegal activity. In other words, you better get out of your house and let some African have it because you never had a right to live there in the first place.

He should move. Because that is pure insanity.

Nah.

Let's play Devil's Advocate. You and I hate racists. Your neighbor is a racist. We walk over to him and say "please stop being a racist". He says "Get lost".

What do you do then? He has every right to feel the way he feels? I don't get your crusade whatsoever.

You don't have to get my crusade. The fact is that you all descend from people who came from other lands without the permission of nations that were here. Maybe a little humility and understanding that people are running here from very dangerous and life threatening situations instead of this arrogant crap by a bunch of failed human beings. You failures would rather send these people back to die just because they don't have a fucking piece of paper.

Why did your descendants run to America? To get away from the same things these guys you are running your hateful mouths off about. What if they had been sent back to die? You are low people, undeserving of gods grace. But he'll give it to you anyway and you still won't give your fellow man the free grace you got that you do not deserve. I guess that's conservative Christianity.

Americans like you and these other losers run around the planet bragging about the greatness of this nation. That's fake news.

What he is saying is that the United States is an illegal government and should never have existed. Therefore we have no right to defend borders which are only a consequence of the illegal activity. In other words, you better get out of your house and let some African have it because you never had a right to live there in the first place.

Nah.

Let's play Devil's Advocate. You and I hate racists. Your neighbor is a racist. We walk over to him and say "please stop being a racist". He says "Get lost".

What do you do then? He has every right to feel the way he feels? I don't get your crusade whatsoever.

You don't have to get my crusade. The fact is that you all descend from people who came from other lands without the permission of nations that were here. Maybe a little humility and understanding that people are running here from very dangerous and life threatening situations instead of this arrogant crap by a bunch of failed human beings. You failures would rather send these people back to die just because they don't have a fucking piece of paper.

Why did your descendants run to America? To get away from the same things these guys you are running your hateful mouths off about. What if they had been sent back to die? You are low people, undeserving of gods grace. But he'll give it to you anyway and you still won't give your fellow man the free grace you got that you do not deserve. I guess that's conservative Christianity.

Americans like you and these other losers run around the planet bragging about the greatness of this nation. That's fake news.
from other lands without the permission of nations that were here

what nations is that?

I support anything that upsets white-hating, stompy-foot crybaby IM2; I don't want him to feel any satisfaction in life at all. Which he most assuredly won't due to his attitude.
:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

My life is good. I'm satisfied. How about you?

QUOTE="IM2, post: 20769248, member: 53913"]

Nah.

Americans like you and these other losers run around the planet bragging about the greatness of this nation. That's fake news.[/QUOTE]
can't make this up. LOL :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
giphy.gif

:cuckoo:

Nah.

what nations is that?

Figure it out.

Nah.

what nations is that?

Figure it out.
I already know history, I was wondering if you knew. you throw it out there like you have other information. so what is it?

Nah.

Got it.

#1) My parents were immigrants --- came here legally. Jews escaping the old Soviet Union.
#2) We have a very strong immigration process and allow many into this country.
#3) I get the asylum argument but we cannot just open the borders. For example Sweden has 9 million people. If they allowed everyone in, they would no longer be Sweden.
#4) FDR sent back a ship full of Jews back to Germany before WW2...most died. Immigration is not an easy topic.
#5) I am not Christian so I am not sure what you are preaching here.
#6) The Nation is not perfect but to your point it is very good and so good that many immigrants want to come here both legally and illegally.
#7) If Mexico cannot handle itself against the cartels and the people are dying/starving then have them ask the US for help and become a City State. if they want to function as a sovereign nation then they need to protect the citizens and not have it be so bad that the people want to flock here.
#8) The reason the Left is so pro open borders and DACA is because it creates more voters for them. They are not altruistic. Neither is the Right. But the Right is more Capitalist oriented.
#9) Your rhetoric is at best divisive.
#10) Offer some tangible solutions. Open Borders is not one.

Nah.

what nations is that?

Figure it out.

He means like the Sioux nation, etc.

what nations is that?

Figure it out.

All he would need to do is show they had a government, territory outlined and documented and their laws and the ones the white man violated.

what nations is that?

Figure it out.

All he would need to do is show they had a government, territory outlined and documented and their laws and the ones the white man violated.

Yeah. You do realize you are dealing with someone who can barely spell "territory".

He'll never admit it, so I'll just say it: what he wants is to be "outraged" by any and everything that involves preventing people who have no business entering this country from wandering across the border at will. Separating families is "eeeevil", but detaining children with their parents is ALSO "horrific". He and his bottom-feeding, POS ilk are trying to box us into having no choice but to give up on borders.
nope, ain't happening. i feel no guilt about criminals being detained and sent back where they came from. I'm for saying get the flying fk out of my country you fking illegal asshole. I'm for putting our military one step inside mexico's border and shooting them as they try to enter. I truly don't fking care.

BTW, you think that would be a deterrent?

You are a descendent of criminals. This is not your country. As for your solution, it's unconstitutional. You are scum.
no I'm not my family wasn't here in 1700's sorry bubba.

BTW, it says I'm a US citizen on my passport. I guess you're wrong. It is my country.

Doesn't matter when you got he or what's on your passport. This is an illegal government and you descend from criminals. This is not your country.

OMG Could anyone be more of an idiot than you??

I think not. What a moron.

Probably not without elective surgery of some sort.

About Native Americans

If I remember correctly, a goodly number of them didn't believe in the concept of owning land in that sense, anyway. And they themselves operated on the "conquest = ownership" policy, so the idea of "illegal immigration" would have meant nothing to them. Those that didn't want outsiders moving in and living in their territory tried what they believed in - ie. killing them - and it didn't work. So that's that.

Bears no relation to today's situation at all.

QUOTE="Cecilie1200, post: 20769550, member: 14617"]

About Native Americans

If I remember correctly, a goodly number of them didn't believe in the concept of owning land in that sense, anyway. And they themselves operated on the "conquest = ownership" policy, so the idea of "illegal immigration" would have meant nothing to them. Those that didn't want outsiders moving in and living in their territory tried what they believed in - ie. killing them - and it didn't work. So that's that.

Bears no relation to today's situation at all.[/QUOTE]

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Don't make me laugh, if your life were satisfactory, you wouldn't be starting the exact same thread on USMB every day, ad nauseum: I'm a helpless black victim of oppression and whites owe me everything in life because of problems that were already resolved generations ago.

About Native Americans

You should watch Banshee. You may learn something while being entertained.

I'm entertained by you idiots. You have said might makes right. So that means since Hitler had the might he was right to send Jews to the ovens. That's what kind of idiocy that's posted here and it's damn near comical. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
If Germany had won WWII, Hitler would have been a national hero HERE and the oven would have been enshrined. That's just the real world. Blacks would have been exterminated or sent back to africa.

Don't make me laugh, if your life were satisfactory, you wouldn't be starting the exact same thread on USMB every day, ad nauseum: I'm a helpless black victim of oppression and whites owe me everything in life because of problems that were already resolved generations ago.
He's been doing the same schtick for years. At least 12.

Forum List

Back