Home sales rise 19.8%

These home buyer credits are stimulating home sales...like i said i think new home sales wasa 24% increase in my state but the prices of these homes dropped 11% during the month as well.

So...is the home stimulus really working? yes, it is increasing home sales...but it does nothing to slow the foreclosures on the BAD loans the banks made, which to me means that prices are going to continue to fall, even if home sales are up.

I suppose it could be worse, where both homes sales were dropping and prices were dropping.

Home prices continue rebound - Oct. 27, 2009

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Home prices rose for the fourth month in a row during August and suffered a smaller-than-expected annual drop, according to a report issued Tuesday.

Prices in the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price index of 20 cities rose a non-seasonally adjusted 1.2% in August. It was the fourth consecutive monthly increase and followed a 1.6% gain in July.

Breaking news!!!!! Breaking news!!!!breaking news!!!!! Breaking news!!!!Breaking news!!!!! Breaking news!!!!breaking news!!!!! Breaking news!!!!
Washington DC (cnnmoney.com) --In a stunning display of willful ignorance and chutzpah, the Obama administration declared today that a "house of cards" is now actually a home. Said Obama, "A house of cards provides shelter, therefore it is a HOME. The notion the shelter is not a "home" is inherently racist. Going forward all sales of playing cards nationally will be counted towards home sales". Obamabots across the nation celebrated by gulping massive quantities of Kool-Aid.
house%20of%20cards.jpg

Breaking news!!!!! Breaking news!!!!breaking news!!!!! Breaking news!!!!Breaking news!!!!! Breaking news!!!!breaking news!!!!! Breaking news!!!!
Washington DC (cnnmoney.com) --In a stunning display of willful ignorance and chutzpah, the Obama administration declared today that a "house of cards" is now actually a home. Said Obama, "A house of cards provides shelter, therefore it is a HOME. The notion the shelter is not a "home" is inherently racist. Going forward all sales of playing cards nationally will be counted towards home sales". Obamabots across the nation celebrated by gulping massive quantities of Kool-Aid.
house%20of%20cards.jpg

When people have no facts to back up their positions...

This is what they post.

house%20of%20cards.jpg

When people have no facts to back up their positions...

This is what they post.
When people have no brain they start this thread.

Home prices continue rebound - Oct. 27, 2009

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Home prices rose for the fourth month in a row during August and suffered a smaller-than-expected annual drop, according to a report issued Tuesday.

Prices in the S&P Case-Shiller Home Price index of 20 cities rose a non-seasonally adjusted 1.2% in August. It was the fourth consecutive monthly increase and followed a 1.6% gain in July.

From your link:

"Home values are predicted to drop in 342 out of 381 markets during the next year, according to a recent study by financial information and analysis firm Fiserv. "

That combined with the lower value of the dollar means you're full of shit ......

Last edited:
The stimulus is working.

Total bullshit!

Why post crap like that on this forum? Here are the numbers for Existing Home sales.
As I have pointed out, home sales are just flopping around on the bottom.

EXISTING HOMES SALES
SEP 09 5.57M
AUG 09 5.10M
JUL 09 5.24 M

SEP 08 5.14 M
AUG 08 4.91 M
JUL 08 5.02 M

What really amazes me is that people do not look up the source information before posting outright lies like the OP did. Talk about really stupid nonsense!

Last edited:
These home buyer credits are stimulating home sales...like i said i think new home sales wasa 24% increase in my state but the prices of these homes dropped 11% during the month as well.

So...is the home stimulus really working? yes, it is increasing home sales...but it does nothing to slow the foreclosures on the BAD loans the banks made, which to me means that prices are going to continue to fall, even if home sales are up.

I suppose it could be worse, where both homes sales were dropping and prices were dropping.

NEW HOME SALES
SEP 2009 402K
AUG 2009 417K
JUL 2009 433K

According to the numbers, everything is going down hill.

Forum List

Back