Hollywood hurt by Batman shootings?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
They put a lot of money and advertising into the movie which was promoted as a "blockbuster". Actor Christian Bale who plays in the movie visited the scene of the shooting in Co.. Was it a publicity stunt designed to reignite interest in the movie or was it a sincere gesture of sympathy. The word "sincere" doesn't seem to exist in Tinseltown so I'm going with stunt.

Who cares what it was. It was a good thing to do ... stunt or not. It was less of a publicity stunt than Obama going there, that's for sure.

Don't ever have much good to say about most of the people of Hollyweird or the various products they put out, but this actor's visit seemed sincere and not a publicity stunt of any kind.

I haven't heard of anyone not going to see the movie because of the shooting. I'm sure it's doing just fine at the box office.

I've seen the first two and haven't had any urges to go on a shooting rampage. Well other than dealing with traffic sometimes, but that has nothing to do with hollyweird.

The guy was just a nutburger!!!!

How would it hurt them? They had nothing to do with it. I am still trying to figure out why Nolan and everyone else released statements. As far as Bale goes he didn't tell anyone he was going. Most of the images caught of him were by individuals not the media. There was definitely no publicity stunt.

I'm sure the Politicians will make a lot of this with the elections coming up.
I think there is gonna be a push to make only PG movies in the future...
That's the way politics is.

I was wondering Libs....
When a Hollywood studio has a hit movie.
Did they make that or did government have a part of that success?

Fair question...
I wanna see some of the Lib heavy hitters hear answer this...

How would it hurt them? They had nothing to do with it. I am still trying to figure out why Nolan and everyone else released statements. As far as Bale goes he didn't tell anyone he was going. Most of the images caught of him were by individuals not the media. There was definitely no publicity stunt.

Look at the Denver Post photo. There were dozens of photographers. Bale told Warner Brothers he was going. How long could a hollywood studio keep a secret?

I was wondering Libs....
When a Hollywood studio has a hit movie.
Did they make that or did government have a part of that success?

Fair question...
I wanna see some of the Lib heavy hitters hear answer this...

Yes the government does play a part, such as with the last batman film, the city of chicago gave them pretty large tax incentives to shoot the film there, same with transformers. Those were filmed on government/city property made by the government so yes, they did play a part.

I'm not saying Hollywood caused the tragedy but within a generation of kids there are bound to be a couple who are confused about the difference between movies and reality. Today's movies are so real and the blood splatter is so realistic that kids grow up witnessing a hundred murders in their brief lifetime not to mention realistic video games that encourage kids to take part in the carnage. That's got to have a psychological effect.

City of Agoraphobia

I remember an episode of "Batman: The Animated Series" (Fox TV) in which various super-enemies of the Dark Knight describe how they each almost nabbed the caped crusader and as their stories unfold, we get a nice portrait of the various Herculean labors that Batman must undertake in order to control criminality in Gotham City oozing from numerous crevices.

The Oliver Stone film "Natural Born Killers" (1994) certainly inspired various criminal acts among impressionable youth, if you remember the news reports from that time period.

I wonder how much attention this Batman shooting will receive. Batman is, after all, the new age Phantom of the Opera --- a vigilante who works with urbanization-paranoia in the same way that Sherlock Holmes worked with pedestrian corruption.

I *also* wonder if there will be future maniac shootings at Starbucks branches...

:afro:

Almost Got 'Im

aig.jpg

Associative Astrology

What makes Hollywood survive is good storytelling. The Batman (DC Comics) nemesis Bane, a freakish brute who pumps himself with chemicals to make himself incredibly strong, represents a modern-era preoccupation with dangerous and illegal performance-enhancing drugs (steroids).

If comic book fantasies sway our youngsters, perhaps good storytelling can 'save the day' and encourage tomorrow's leaders to ponder more seriously about sociological issues affecting community stability.

Bane of course is presented in Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" (2012).

:afro:

The Dark Knight Rises

bane.jpg

Forum List

Back