History According to Glenn Beck

He didn't just ACCUSE he MIS-used his power for political WITCH HUNTS! I can't BELIEVE you are here DEFENDING McCarthy. WOW just WOW!

How is investigating the extent of communism in America and more importantly, in political office, a misuse of power? Most sane people would realize that Congress should be investigating corruption, espionage, and national security issues. In fact, I think it's part of their job description to UPHOLD the Constitution.

But I suppose youd prefer the political witch hunts into Major League Baseballs steriod use. Because the Senate should be focused on issues such as drug use in baseball and not national security issues for some odd reason.
There's investigating communism, and a proper, precedent holding American way to do it. And then there was Tail-Gunner Joe McCarthy and his accusations without proof, innuendo, smear campaign. And that's an abuse of power.

And here I thought Conservatives were protectors of the constitution! Perhaps a remedial course in constitutional law would do you some good.

What Glenn Beck knows about history he could fit in an aluminum thimble.

I'll pose the same questions to you that I posed to Zona. What specifically was factually incorrect in Beck's documentary? Or would you just rather hurl insults instead of arguing the merits of the show?

I have no idea. I didnt watch it. I am saying he is a moron. I will not belittle myself and watch that clown. The same way most righty's will not watch olbermann who incidentally calls out that moron for being a moron over and over.

I equate all of nonsense with this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGeZQrpZbjI]YouTube - Beck "Lose" His "Mind;" Screams At Caller: "Get Off My Phone You Little Pinhead!"[/ame]

Find olbermann doing this. If so, I will agree, he is as bad as Beck.

I'll pose the same questions to you that I posed to Zona. What specifically was factually incorrect in Beck's documentary? Or would you just rather hurl insults instead of arguing the merits of the show?

I have no idea. I didnt watch it. I am saying he is a moron. I will not belittle myself and watch that clown. The same way most righty's will not watch olbermann who incidentally calls out that moron for being a moron over and over.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGeZQrpZbjI]YouTube - Beck "Lose" His "Mind;" Screams At Caller: "Get Off My Phone You Little Pinhead!"[/ame]

You obviously don't understand sarcasm nor do you understand frustration...

There's investigating communism, and a proper, precedent holding American way to do it. And then there was Tail-Gunner Joe McCarthy and his accusations without proof, innuendo, smear campaign. And that's an abuse of power.

And here I thought Conservatives were protectors of the constitution! Perhaps a remedial course in constitutional law would do you some good.

What exactly is the point of an investigation if not to get evidence? If you already had the evidence, you wouldnt have to investigate.

The Senate has power to investigate. It's one of their responsibilities. How exactly do you propose they do that without calling people to testify to what they know about?

YouTube - Beck "Lose" His "Mind;" Screams At Caller: "Get Off My Phone You Little Pinhead!"

You dont watch him. Yet you know he is a moron because of everything youve never heard him say.

You've demonstrated that you know absolutely nothing. Yet you don't even realize you know nothing. So you know less than nothing.

Olbermann's said alot worse and you love him. Dont believe me? Jon Stewart was mocking him the other day.

Is this special on again soon? I want to watch it and see what he is talking about.

Does hi bring up how Che hated blacks and made TONS of comments about how they should be killed?
Does he bring up the 10's of millions of chinese that Mao, Anita Dunn's hero, starved to death?
Does he bring up stalin's ethnic cleansing where he killed more jews and poor people than hitler ever could have even dreamed of?
Does he bring up the fact that Nazism and Communism are almost identical in their origins and their behaviors?

If he doesn't then his video is lame, if he does i MUST see it.

The video is on youtube and posted in another thread on this topic.

I found it on youtube but I want to see it on the big HD tv :D

Is this special on again soon? I want to watch it and see what he is talking about.

Does hi bring up how Che hated blacks and made TONS of comments about how they should be killed?
Does he bring up the 10's of millions of chinese that Mao, Anita Dunn's hero, starved to death?
Does he bring up stalin's ethnic cleansing where he killed more jews and poor people than hitler ever could have even dreamed of?
Does he bring up the fact that Nazism and Communism are almost identical in their origins and their behaviors?

If he doesn't then his video is lame, if he does i MUST see it.

The video is on youtube and posted in another thread on this topic.

I found it on youtube but I want to see it on the big HD tv :D
It's really good stuff; produced extremely well with very graphic images that really help drive the point home.

What i thought was hilariously troubling was how Jay-Z likened himself to Che in one his songs, saying "I'm like Che Guavara, just with more bling." So Jay-Z must think that all blacks are worthless drunks as well. Interesting.

So you base your opinion on what? One clip? Kind of reminds me of Obama at the Coakley rally admitting he don't know Brown's record yet felt qualified to criticize it. And saying "not having been there and not seeing all the facts" but "the Cambridge police acted stupidly". Liberals are the dumbest people in the world and you are a fine example.

You CAN'T be serious. HE WAS RED FACED SCREAMING at the caller there was no SARCASM just pure unadulterated LUNACY from a "DRY DRUNK" or a current DRUG ADDICT.

I love when you guys call crap like that sarcasm. You do it with Beck and you do it a lot with Rush.

I GET A KICK OUT OF THAT ....If olbermann ever did something as clownlike as this, you guys would bust a gut and you know it.

Good luck with that clown party.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNp9GSbFQhQ&feature=PlayList&p=1C4C3490C8383610&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=73"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNp9GSbFQhQ&feature=PlayList&p=1C4C3490C8383610&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=73[/ame]

Last edited:

So you base your opinion on what? One clip? Kind of reminds me of Obama at the Coakley rally admitting he don't know Brown's record yet felt qualified to criticize it. And saying "not having been there and not seeing all the facts" but "the Cambridge police acted stupidly". Liberals are the dumbest people in the world and you are a fine example.

Are you kdding me? There are so many reasons to say he is a nut.

Watch him squirm

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxO3veQUdo]YouTube - Glenn "Backpeddler" Beck on The View 5/20/2009[/ame]

What exactly is the point of an investigation if not to get evidence? If you already had the evidence, you wouldnt have to investigate.

The Senate has power to investigate. It's one of their responsibilities. How exactly do you propose they do that without calling people to testify to what they know about?
You seem to think that the methods used by McCarthy were just that; call people, subpoena people to testify. When in fact McCarthy was just as likely to say something ridiculous about someone or some institution, then scramble to justify his claim.

But, more often than not, McCarthy's claims would 'modify'.

Investigate? Sure!

Cry "fire" in a theater and then start looking for the possibility of an actual fire is something altogether different.

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program,"

"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005 wow.

"The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

"I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007

"I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. ... And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck's show on CNN's Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006

Glenn Beck is an idiot. Show me anything even close to this from Olbermann.

cause out of context statements really prove your point.

I seriously understand why Glenn yelled at that guy on the phone. Idiots are a pain in the butt to deal with.

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program,"

"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005 wow.

"The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

"I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007

"I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. ... And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck's show on CNN's Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006

Comparing apples and lemons.
Olberman is a journalist, and as such has to uphold some kind of journalistic standards, as well as get ratings. He actually has to maintain 'journalistic integraty"(sp)
Beck is NOT a journalist, and only has to worry about ratings.Entertainment is his thing and the more outrageous he is the more ratings he gets.
The best entertainment, as i have said before, is to watch beck on fox, and as soon as it's over turn over to msnbc and watch ed.
two loony side of the same coin and it's always good for laughs.

"Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing]." –"The Glenn Beck Program," May 1, 2007

"So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening." –"The Glenn Beck Program," March 9, 2009

"You have the artwork of Mussolini there, here in New York at Rockefeller Plaza." –analyzing the artwork decorating Rockefeller Plaza, which he said contained a hammer and sickle, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel, Sept. 2, 2009

"O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." –misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel

That one cracked me up. lol

I based my assestment of him beiing a clown from ONE thing eh?

There are so so so many more, but if you think he is representing the republicans well, then go Glenn. Go get em.

By the way, this link will get you to every source of these crazy quotes.

Glenn Beck Quotes - Top 10 Craziest Glenn Beck Quotes of All Time - About.com

Olberman is a journalist, and as such has to uphold some kind of journalistic standards, as well as get ratings. He actually has to maintain 'journalistic integraty"(sp)
Beck is NOT a journalist, and only has to worry about ratings.Entertainment is his thing and the more outrageous he is the more ratings he gets.
The best entertainment, as i have said before, is to watch beck on fox, and as soon as it's over turn over to msnbc and watch ed.

Great post. Here is the thing, when people say olbermann is the same as beck, I know that is not true.

Beck is a clown but fox viewers actually believes what that dolt says...when he gets busted for some of the dumber things, they say he is being sarcastic.

Its funny.

Great post. Here is the thing, when people say olbermann is the same as beck, I know that is not true.

Beck is a clown but fox viewers actually believes what that dolt says...when he gets busted for some of the dumber things, they say he is being sarcastic.

Its funny.

I like beck, I like ed, I know, that is weird, not to hot on olberman, but I respect his views, and watch him on a fairly regular basis. I also watch o'rielly fairly regularly..
The thing is all of them twist it around to fit what they want to say, and all of them start with a little kernal of truth. Even the "no-spin guy" o'rielly. If someone tells you they are no spin, immediately look for the spin.

You're right. Beck and Olberman are not the same.

The extent of Olberman's argument is to call everyone he doesnt agree with names.

Glenn uses facts.

Big difference.

Forum List

Back