History According to Glenn Beck

speaking is one thing, abusing their govt position is another.

All elected officials swear to uphold the constitution.

Was McCarthy ever charged with abusing his position? Or is that just something you pulled out your ass? Isn't freedom of speech part of the constitution?

again his crime was abusing his position.
Just because he was not charged means nothing.

Prove he committed a crime.

Here's the scoop! Witch hunts and accusations are not the American way. Here, you are considered innocent until PROVEN guilty! Peoples reputations, careers and lives were ruined by McCarthy and his lunatic rampages. That's Un-American.

"Here, you are considered innocent until PROVEN guilty" I didn't get that sense from the Mom forces kid to kill pet rat thread. As a matter of fact most people are condemned in the media long before guilt as been proven.

So calling tea-partiers neo-nazi's would be un-American?

NO!!! But if Pelosi ordered the FBI to INVESTIGATE say GLEN BECK accusing him of being a NAZI that would be an abuse of power.
Do you understand the difference?

Why would that be an abuse of power if she had reason to believe Beck was in fact a nazi?

People who get degrees in History aren't even taught the truth about these bloodthirsty "progressives" in our liberal colleges today...

It's no wonder ignorant kids buy posters of Mao and and wear T-shirts of Che...

I think a lot of them simply want to be seen as anti-authority, or rebels of some sort. Of course, if they did understand the history of these people then they may well choose to find a different t-shirt or poster.

Is this special on again soon? I want to watch it and see what he is talking about.

Does hi bring up how Che hated blacks and made TONS of comments about how they should be killed?
Does he bring up the 10's of millions of chinese that Mao, Anita Dunn's hero, starved to death?
Does he bring up stalin's ethnic cleansing where he killed more jews and poor people than hitler ever could have even dreamed of?
Does he bring up the fact that Nazism and Communism are almost identical in their origins and their behaviors?

If he doesn't then his video is lame, if he does i MUST see it.

Yes I believe he mentioned all the points you brought up.

Explain how Nazism and Communism are almost identical please. Also I would like your input on our debate about McCarthyism.

Communists and Nazis were viewed as twins by authors writing in the 1930s. Both implemented collectivism, hated Christians and Jews, used racism when it helped them (but not when it did not), and centralized government power. There was once a popular term used to describe the common evil of Bolshevism and Nazism: the Commu-Nazi. It is curious how easily Bolsheviks became Nazis and Nazis became Bolsheviks — but that is just what one would expect if the two evil movements were identical.

Nazis & Communists: Ideological Bedfellows

On December 2, 1954, the Senate voted to censure Senator McCarthy by a vote of 67 to 22, making him one of the few senators ever to be disciplined in this fashion.

To be fair McCarthy be censured on only two of the 46 counts: his contempt of the Subcommittee on Rules and Administration, which had called him to testify in 1951 and 1952, and his abuse of General Zwicker in 1954. The Zwicker count was dropped by the full Senate on the grounds that McCarthy's conduct was arguably "induced" by Zwicker's own behavior. In place of this count, a new one was drafted regarding McCarthy's statements about the Watkins Committee itself.

Yes lonestar, that's right. In addition to that, official historical accounts, including the congressional record, fail to show or explain the motives behind most votes. The only motives revealed in the congressional record are the ones that are read into the record during the debate.
My grandfather always said that McCarthy was railroaded. I won't defend his opinion, it was before my time of awareness.Anyway, he claimed that McCarthy was already a known casualty of his own politics and was opposed and prosecuted by his contemporaries as means to advance themselves.
political motives sometimes are not well understood by the historical record.

Explain how Nazism and Communism are almost identical please. Also I would like your input on our debate about McCarthyism.

Communists and Nazis were viewed as twins by authors writing in the 1930s. Both implemented collectivism, hated Christians and Jews, used racism when it helped them (but not when it did not), and centralized government power. There was once a popular term used to describe the common evil of Bolshevism and Nazism: the Commu-Nazi. It is curious how easily Bolsheviks became Nazis and Nazis became Bolsheviks — but that is just what one would expect if the two evil movements were identical.

Nazis & Communists: Ideological Bedfellows

Your link is from a right wing site.

Its bullshit.

I want to make clear, I do not defend McCarthy.
Nor do I want to further prosecute him, those that lived in his own time already did that. According to the record he died a sick drunk broken man at the navel hospital, in disgrace, just a few years later in 1957.

People who get degrees in History aren't even taught the truth about these bloodthirsty "progressives" in our liberal colleges today...

It's no wonder ignorant kids buy posters of Mao and and wear T-shirts of Che...

I think a lot of them simply want to be seen as anti-authority, or rebels of some sort. Of course, if they did understand the history of these people then they may well choose to find a different t-shirt or poster.

Is this special on again soon? I want to watch it and see what he is talking about.

Does hi bring up how Che hated blacks and made TONS of comments about how they should be killed?
Does he bring up the 10's of millions of chinese that Mao, Anita Dunn's hero, starved to death?
Does he bring up stalin's ethnic cleansing where he killed more jews and poor people than hitler ever could have even dreamed of?
Does he bring up the fact that Nazism and Communism are almost identical in their origins and their behaviors?

If he doesn't then his video is lame, if he does i MUST see it.

I don't know if it will be on again or not, but he does cover all that you mentioned.

I'm sure you could find it on YouTube, however.

Forum List

Back