Has You Lost A Loved One To The CoronaVirus Yet?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

Just so we don't forget, those 140,000 cases and 2,400 deaths are real people...Back when we were telling everyone the coverage was a hoax and some type of Democrat-Chinese conspiracy to hurt Trump -- those 140,000 cases and 2,400 deaths are no less real....

So.... Has anyone here lost a loved one to the coronavirus yet?

Now, as fun as it is to blame this on a past president, current president, a democrat, a republican, China, etc -- those 140,000 cases and 2,400 deaths are no less real....they are people.....as of late last week, they include my grandmother -- and as of late last night she has had her prognosis dramatically downgraded to where they do not see her surviving this....

My beloved lived a rich full life but I don't remember ever having the thought in my mind of comforting her by saying "well granny, on the bright side, it's a chinese virus" -- I don't think that would have comforted her....

Maybe she will be comforted by the fact that the economy will be back running in a couple of weeks and her grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be alright financially, but I definitely wouldn't have comforted her by telling her about how well my 401K is recovering --- because at the end of the day those 140,000 cases and 2,400 deaths (and counting) are people...my people and your people and they deserve more from us than us checking the Dow Jones and calculating how expendable they are....

Just so we don't forget, those 140,000 cases and 2,400 deaths are real people...Back when we were telling everyone the coverage was a hoax and some type of Democrat-Chinese conspiracy to hurt Trump -- those 140,000 cases and 2,400 deaths are no less real....

Now, as fun as it is to blame this on a past president, current president, a democrat, a republican, China, etc -- those 140,000 cases and 2,400 deaths are no less real....they are people.....as of late last week, they include my grandmother -- and as of late last night she has had her prognosis dramatically downgraded to where they do not see her surviving this....

My beloved lived a rich full life but I don't remember ever having the thought in my mind of comforting her by saying "well granny, on the bright side, it's a chinese virus" -- I don't think that would have comforted her....

Maybe she will be comforted by the fact that the economy will be back running in a couple of weeks and her grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be alright financially, but I definitely wouldn't have comforted her by telling her about how well my 401K is recovering --- because at the end of the day those 140,000 cases and 2,400 deaths (and counting) are people...my people and your people and they deserve more from us than us checking the Dow Jones and calculating how expendable they are....

It’s not a simple as that.

I heard a rumor about a guy somewhere in the country that actually died of something other than covid-19. Pry fake.

My super cool neighbor has it. He is pretty sick, but doing okay. As okay as a sick old fart can do.

So very sorry about your grandmother, Biff. So very sad.

I haven't lost anyone to the virus but I stay anxiously concerned for I have two family members who work almost every day in the medical community helping patients. One is my son, a nurse. And one is my brother who is a practicing physician.

I received this email yesterday from my precious brother with whom I share a great relationship and here it is, excerpted:

I was worrying more about you. Since you're so close to Washington State. Stay safe.

One of our pulmonologists at Saint Francis ( hospital ) has CV 19 and is now on a ventilator. So it is getting close. I do have an N-95 mask which I plan to start wearing.

My brother is in the state of Missouri. May he outlive me.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone personally, but losing country singer Joe Diffie really stings.

God bless you and his family and the rest of his fan base always!!!

Holly

P.S. This is my mom and me with Joe at my one and only CMA Music Festival in 2000 which was known as Fan Fair at the time. I have a picture of us together when I saw him in 2007, but it was taken with one of them instant cameras and so the shot isn't as good as this one is.

91375694_10160720709319616_946108499908100096_n.jpg

God bless you and his family and the rest of his fan base always!!!

Holly

Don’t know anyone with it nor anyone who’s died from it. I had a friend who died from flu, though.
May your friend, RIP, Roshawn. I'm sorry for your loss. Truly.

I have an acquaintance who in his late 20's had his two legs amputated from the knees down due to H1N1, Swine Flu.

To aqua and anyone else that has loved ones more exposed than regular people I wish them all a heavy dose of extra safety and concern. May it turn out well for all those serving the sick.
Thank you Shrimbox. Your post warms my heart and now I am in heavy tears. These are pent up tears from the beginning of this scourge and I am releasing because of sensitive people who come here, left and right.

Last edited:

I lost one friend in the 61,000 deaths from the 2017-2018 flu season, and another in the 34,000 deaths of the 2018-2019 flu season. I now have a coworker very sick with suspected coronavirus. They wouldn't test her, but the symptoms sound like coronavirus. My fingers are crossed for her to pull through.

Forum List

Back