Hillary Clinton..."The People's Champion"!

And the REASON they called it the "Dot Com Boom" and not the "Clinton Economy Boom" is that internet start-ups were driving the economy.

Since the courts have ruled that the ACA is in fact a tax...the largest tax increase in history would be ObamaCare hands down.

Uh, no, not really. "but, but, but... Obama". I hope he's paying you rent on all that space he occupies in you head. Now, can we please stop trying to change the subject? Your boy Ray-Gun figured out pretty quickly that Supply Side didn't work and became a Tax and Spend Keynesian.

The next largest tax increase would be FDR's Revenue Act of 1942.

Reagan's not even in the conversation.

Uh, yeah, he kind of is.

10 Things Conservatives Don t Want You To Know About Ronald Reagan ThinkProgress

1. Reagan was a serial tax raiser. As governor of California, Reagan “signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up till then.” Meanwhile, state spending nearly doubled. As president, Reagan “raised taxes in seven of his eight years in office,” including four times in just two years. As former GOP Senator Alan Simpson, who called Reagan “a dear friend,” told NPR, “Ronald Reagan raised taxes 11 times in his administration — I was there.” “Reagan was never afraid to raise taxes,” said historian Douglas Brinkley, who edited Reagan’s memoir. Reagan the anti-tax zealot is “false mythology,” Brinkley said.

Now, here's the thing. I don't fault Reagan for this. Reagan was a REALIST. That's why he wasn't the fantastic failure both Bushes were.

And the REASON they called it the "Dot Com Boom" and not the "Clinton Economy Boom" is that internet start-ups were driving the economy.

Again, still waiting for you to document a number as to how many BILLIONS that turned into.

iHjuvgo6Ex1c.jpg

"Personally responsible for the 1990's Jobs Boom!"

I believe that GNP went from the 5 trillion level at the start of the Dot Com Boom to a little over 9 trillion at the height of the Dot Com Boom. Did you want to argue that WASN'T due in large part from the Dot Com Boom?

My question for you, Joey...is what sort of "boom" is it that you expect Hillary to ride if and when she's elected President? I ask that because you seem to expect the same results for one Clinton as you got from the other...a notion that I find amusing.

And Joey? When you're quoting "Think Progress" as your source...you might as well post a disclaimer that you're about to provide statistics that are total crap.

To describe Ronald Reagan as a "Serial Taxer" is laughable!

Do you want to pretend that the Dot Com Boom didn't happen?

Did it happen? Yeah. Did an industry that probably only created a few billion in real value have an effect on a 14 Trillion dollar economy? Nope, not that much.

Because if you expect the same economic outcome to happen now, simply because someone named Clinton is sitting in the Oval Office you're one of two things, Joey...either REALLY ignorant or REALLY naive! The Dot Com Boom brought in HUGE amounts of tax revenues.

Well, no, it really didn't. Everyone I knew had good jobs that paid well during the Clinton years. My own salary nearly doubled. Few people I knew had jobs in Tech. The best that can be said about the Dot Com it was the canary in a coal mine. But Bush was the one who said, "Let's keep digging, and hey, let's knock out those supports over dere... WEEE-Haaaaa!!!!"

It's like pretending that if we bring back the tax rates we had under Ike we'll have the same economic outcomes as they had back in the 1950's even though the rest of the world's infrastructure isn't in tatters following a World War that left us as the only remaining Super Power.

Except that great economy continued throughout the sixties and into the seventies when everyone else rebuilt their infrastructure. We kept making the rich pay their fair share and kept investing it into infrastructure and education and we got pretty good results.

Until the retards came along talking about "Laffer Curves" and "Supply Side" and other shit that failed almost as soon as it was tried. And then Reagan instituted the biggest tax increase in history and doubled government spending in peacetime.

and conservatives at the time were angry at him for doing it. THat's why Bush had to issue the 'No new taxes" pledge.

Now since then, you've had to deify Reagan, because he's the only president who didn't shit the bed, unlike the Bushes, Nixon and Ford.

Since the courts have ruled that the ACA is in fact a tax...the largest tax increase in history would be ObamaCare hands down.

The next largest tax increase would be FDR's Revenue Act of 1942.

Reagan's not even in the conversation.
The courts ruled the mandate PENALTY charged to those who refused to buy insurance, was a tax..... so no, the ACA is not the biggest tax increase ever, silly one!!!!

I believe that GNP went from the 5 trillion level at the start of the Dot Com Boom to a little over 9 trillion at the height of the Dot Com Boom. Did you want to argue that WASN'T due in large part from the Dot Com Boom?

Correlation doesn't equal causation, guy. You have yet to tell me how a few internet startups created 4 Trillion in wealth. they didn't.

My question for you, Joey...is what sort of "boom" is it that you expect Hillary to ride if and when she's elected President? I ask that because you seem to expect the same results for one Clinton as you got from the other...a notion that I find amusing.

Who said there has to be a "boom". How about sensible, pro-worker policies and no-nonsense government like her husband had. No putting wars on credit cards, no giveaways to the rich.

And Joey? When you're quoting "Think Progress" as your source...you might as well post a disclaimer that you're about to provide statistics that are total crap.

Except that you really didn't post a counter argument. the fact that Reagan signed 11 tax increases is a historical fact. (And he STILL managed to triple the National Debt).

Look, guy, I understand that you need Reagan to be this mythic character, but you can't keep ignoring what he did. He raised taxes. He sold weapons to terrorists. He ran up the debt. He gave amnesty to illegals. You would fucking hate this guy if he were around today, that's how rigid and crazy your party has gotten.

Correlation doesn't equal causation, guy. You have yet to tell me how a few internet startups created 4 Trillion in wealth. they didn't.

Who said there has to be a "boom". How about sensible, pro-worker policies and no-nonsense government like her husband had. No putting wars on credit cards, no giveaways to the rich.

Except that you really didn't post a counter argument. the fact that Reagan signed 11 tax increases is a historical fact. (And he STILL managed to triple the National Debt).

Look, guy, I understand that you need Reagan to be this mythic character, but you can't keep ignoring what he did. He raised taxes. He sold weapons to terrorists. He ran up the debt. He gave amnesty to illegals. You would fucking hate this guy if he were around today, that's how rigid and crazy your party has gotten.

Yes, Reagan signed 11 tax increases but if you look at what he signed, most of them were either temporary taxes or consumption taxes. The liberal narrative that Reagan was a "serial taxer" is laughably false. His reworking of the tax code provided huge tax cuts to most Americans.

Reagan ran up the debt by a trillion and half dollars over EIGHT years! Barry does more than that in two years and that's not even taking into account how much the ACA is going to put us in the hole. When all is said and done and the true costs of an Obama Presidency are tallied, Barack Obama will have added more debt to the US than all other Presidents before him COMBINED!

The courts ruled the mandate PENALTY charged to those who refused to buy insurance, was a tax..... so no, the ACA is not the biggest tax increase ever, silly one!!!!

Especially since almost no one will end up paying that penalty.

I hate to break this to you, kiddies...but the Obama Administration argued in front of the Supreme Court that the ACA was in fact a tax and therefore constitutional...and the Supreme Court agreed with them.

I'm curious, Joey...you claim that it was Clinton's "sensible, pro-worker policies" that caused the boom during his administration. Would you like to name those policies you're referring to?

Especially since almost no one will end up paying that penalty.

If no one pays that penalty, Joey...the cost of the ACA will skyrocket even higher than it already is beginning to. Not only will people be paying that penalty...I fully expect the penalty they pay is going to increase substantially so that the young and healthy are forced to sign up for plans they don't really want or need.

Yes, Reagan signed 11 tax increases but if you look at what he signed, most of them were either temporary taxes or consumption taxes. The liberal narrative that Reagan was a "serial taxer" is laughably false. His reworking of the tax code provided huge tax cuts to most Americans.

No, it didn't. It just shifted the tax burden from the Rich where it belonged to the working class.

Reagan ran up the debt by a trillion and half dollars over EIGHT years! Barry does more than that in two years and that's not even taking into account how much the ACA is going to put us in the hole. When all is said and done and the true costs of an Obama Presidency are tallied, Barack Obama will have added more debt to the US than all other Presidents before him COMBINED!

Uh, no he wouldn't have. Reagan increased the debt by 200%. 300% if you count what Bush-41 added to it. Obama has only added 70% to the debt, most of that baked into the pie with Bush-43's wars and tax cuts.

And the ACA is going to SAVE us money in the long run. So that dog doesn't hunt.

I'm curious, Joey...you claim that it was Clinton's "sensible, pro-worker policies" that caused the boom during his administration. Would you like to name those policies you're referring to?

You mean his stimulus? That he had the backs of working people? That he got the rich to pay their fair share- finally. That he invested in infrastructure and education?

But, no, it was all because someone had a sock-puppet of a dog. Really.

If no one pays that penalty, Joey...the cost of the ACA will skyrocket even higher than it already is beginning to. Not only will people be paying that penalty...I fully expect the penalty they pay is going to increase substantially so that the young and healthy are forced to sign up for plans they don't really want or need.

Yes, you racist assclowns have been singing this song since 2009. But the reality is, the growth of medical spending has been reduced by the ACA.

No, it didn't. It just shifted the tax burden from the Rich where it belonged to the working class.

Uh, no he wouldn't have. Reagan increased the debt by 200%. 300% if you count what Bush-41 added to it. Obama has only added 70% to the debt, most of that baked into the pie with Bush-43's wars and tax cuts.

And the ACA is going to SAVE us money in the long run. So that dog doesn't hunt.

I love how you throw those totally misleading statistics out there, Joey!

This is simple stuff really...

How much did Ronald Reagan add to the deficit in his eight years in office? Approximately 1.5 Trillion.
How much has Barack Obama added to the deficit in his six years in office? Well, he added 6.5 Trillion in his first term.
Gee, Joey...remind me again which is more...1.5 or 6.5? duh?

Now...which one of them will have added more debt than all of the other Presidents combined by the time he leaves office? That's going to be Barry...and that's not counting the cost of the ACA against his numbers which only the truly naive think is going to cost what the Democrats TOLD us it would!

You mean his stimulus? That he had the backs of working people? That he got the rich to pay their fair share- finally. That he invested in infrastructure and education?

But, no, it was all because someone had a sock-puppet of a dog. Really.

What I asked was for you to give me an example of one of Clinton's "sensible, pro-worker policies". You made the claim...back it up. What policy fits that description?

How much did Ronald Reagan add to the deficit in his eight years in office? Approximately 1.5 Trillion.

more like two trillion. But here's the thing. The 39 guys who preceded him COMBINED added only 1 trillion, despite having two world wars, a dozen smaller ones, a space program and an interstate highway system. But Ronnie Raygun managed to run up two trillion in debt on tax breaks for the rich and $600.00 toilet Seats. What a guy!!!

How much has Barack Obama added to the deficit in his six years in office? Well, he added 6.5 Trillion in his first term.

But again, how much of that was Bush's tax cuts, Bush's recession, and Bush's wars? But you don't want to count that, obviously. Because deficits are only bad when The Black Guy Did It.

more like two trillion. But here's the thing. The 39 guys who preceded him COMBINED added only 1 trillion, despite having two world wars, a dozen smaller ones, a space program and an interstate highway system. But Ronnie Raygun managed to run up two trillion in debt on tax breaks for the rich and $600.00 toilet Seats. What a guy!!!

But again, how much of that was Bush's tax cuts, Bush's recession, and Bush's wars? But you don't want to count that, obviously. Because deficits are only bad when The Black Guy Did It.

What I find laughable, Joey...is how "horrified" you profess to be because Reagan managed to put us 1.5 Trillion in debt over EIGHT YEARS...but you consider the 6.5 Trillion that Barry indebted us to in just FOUR YEARS no big deal!

The fact is...Barack Obama will have added more to our deficit by the time he leaves office than ALL of the other Presidents we have had COMBINED! That's going to be his legacy. It's not a "Black" thing...it's a REALITY thing!

Forum List

Back