Hillary Clinton sure is getting a lot of press

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
And three speeches in three days looks like an awful lot like she's prepping to run.

What's really behind Hillary Clinton's latest wave of speeches? - CNN.com

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is starting to look a lot like someone who is picking up the pace of a presidential campaign -- complete with the perks and the challenges that come with it.

On Wednesday, she spoke to the University of Buffalo. Thursday, she returned to Washington for her place in the lineup of high-profile public figures at a conference the Center for American Progress was hosting. Friday night she did Colgate University's "distinguished speakers" series in upstate New York.

Asked in Buffalo what her ideal presidential candidate in 2016 would look like, she said: "I'm not as interested in what the candidate looks like as what the candidate stands for and what the candidate really believes needs to be the agenda for America's future, particularly as it relates to young people like students at this great university."

She's already ramping up the "I used as many words as I could to say as little as possible" app.

Soros is getting the ball rolling;

WASHINGTON — Billionaire financier George Soros is joining forces with others urging Hillary Rodham Clinton to run for president in 2016, becoming the best-known Democratic donor to provide his money and name to the Ready for Hillary super PAC.

The move, announced Thursday by the super PAC via Twitter, could attract other big-name donors to a possible Clinton candidacy, potentially making it harder for other Democrats to compete financially with Clinton should she decide to seek the nomination.

Soros will serve as a co-chair of the super PAC's national finance council. Each member commits to contribute or raise at least $25,000 for the political action committee. The council meets Nov. 12 in New York City.

Three years early? Overkill much?

So she just turned 66 the other day, which means when the race is actually happening, she will be 69. I remember reading during the 2008 primaries how hard it was on her as a woman, and this made total sense. The men roll out of bed, and get dressed. Basic grooming. She has to have at least another hour carved out of an incredibly busy schedule for hair and make-up. That would be true of any woman. There's not a professional woman alive who doesn't do hair and make-up, especially if they are going to be under the harsh lights of the media. *can't actually find the story now, but I do know I read it during the campaign. I did, however, find Sarah Palin defending herself on wardrobe expenses etc once she got the VP offer.*

Anybody else thinking it's awfully darn early for her to be having PACs, etc?

BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI!

(Sorry. I heard Hillary's name, and some people say you should yell "BENGHAZI!" whenever that happens. Not sure why.)

And three speeches in three days looks like an awful lot like she's prepping to run.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is starting to look a lot like someone who is picking up the pace of a presidential campaign -- complete with the perks and the challenges that come with it.

On Wednesday, she spoke to the University of Buffalo. Thursday, she returned to Washington for her place in the lineup of high-profile public figures at a conference the Center for American Progress was hosting. Friday night she did Colgate University's "distinguished speakers" series in upstate New York.

Asked in Buffalo what her ideal presidential candidate in 2016 would look like, she said: "I'm not as interested in what the candidate looks like as what the candidate stands for and what the candidate really believes needs to be the agenda for America's future, particularly as it relates to young people like students at this great university."

She's already ramping up the "I used as many words as I could to say as little as possible" app.

WASHINGTON — Billionaire financier George Soros is joining forces with others urging Hillary Rodham Clinton to run for president in 2016, becoming the best-known Democratic donor to provide his money and name to the Ready for Hillary super PAC.

The move, announced Thursday by the super PAC via Twitter, could attract other big-name donors to a possible Clinton candidacy, potentially making it harder for other Democrats to compete financially with Clinton should she decide to seek the nomination.

Soros will serve as a co-chair of the super PAC's national finance council. Each member commits to contribute or raise at least $25,000 for the political action committee. The council meets Nov. 12 in New York City.

So she just turned 66 the other day, which means when the race is actually happening, she will be 69. I remember reading during the 2008 primaries how hard it was on her as a woman, and this made total sense. The men roll out of bed, and get dressed. Basic grooming. She has to have at least another hour carved out of an incredibly busy schedule for hair and make-up. That would be true of any woman. There's not a professional woman alive who doesn't do hair and make-up, especially if they are going to be under the harsh lights of the media. *can't actually find the story now, but I do know I read it during the campaign. I did, however, find Sarah Palin defending herself on wardrobe expenses etc once she got the VP offer.*

The early bird gets the worm.

Not really.

It's the nature of modern politics.

When she ran before, she had raised more money than anyone by Iowa. She still ran out of money in February mostly because it was mismanaged, she was mismanaged, things just happened to her just when she needed her money the most.

She won't allow that to happen again. I was so happy when I saw her in Virginia, I sure hope she runs but there are others if she decides not to.

We can expect a large number of posts demeaning HRC for the simple reason she is the most qualified person to be the next President of the United States. Only VP Joe Biden can come close to her in terms of experience, so we can expect three years of character assassination from the usual suspects.

If Hillary runs she will win...........sad but true. . :doubt:

That's because American voters are completely ignorant of politics. They see "first woman president" and vote for it. Just like first african american president. And voted for it. Nothing else mattered.

Yes, but wait till Jan 1 2015. That's when the knives of her detractors come out. Mid 2015 and she will be fighting for her campaigne life from the right and left. Both saws hate the woman.

Yes, but wait till Jan 1 2015. That's when the knives of her detractors come out. Mid 2015 and she will be fighting for her campaigne life from the right and left. Both saws hate the woman.

I've got a feeling that 2016 is going to give WWE a run for their money.

BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI!

(Sorry. I heard Hillary's name, and some people say you should yell "BENGHAZI!" whenever that happens. Not sure why.)

It will be her undoing as a candidate. You'll see ads with her, "who do you want answering the phone at 3 AM" coupled with her, "at this point, what does it really matter" sound bites along with the admins' "we'll get to the bottom of this" coupled with "phony scandal" memes. When Americans die in service to their country and those in power turn a blind eye, people remember. As much as the liberals love her, she is no more electable than Palin.

What difference does it make?

I like her personally I think she's redeemable but she needs to get out of politics.

Forum List

Back