Romney could have beaten Obama had Obamacare been rolled out last year

mike.redd1266

Jul 17, 2013
I know with the power of hindsight it is easy to make these types of assumptions but really Romney could have beaten Obama had Obamacare been rolled out last year.

Even if the Shutdown happened with in the same year, Obamacare/Affordable Care Act is a mess. With the massive about of "misspoken" item that Obama has talked about and the IT mess his rating is one of the worst.

I do really feel bad for him as a President having to deal with this type of nightmare. I feel having Romney in office this would of never happened since he is a business man. Businessmen know how to accomplish task such as making sure a few websites will run properly. I know with any president in office there would be glitches and haters on what happened, but with Romney it would of been one or two states having troubles not all 50.

An article on Rare.us points out how only four leaning states voted differently, Obama would of been a private citizen and not our President. Check it out for your self here.

What do you think? Would Obama still be president today if the Obamacare of rolled out last year?

I know with the power of hindsight it is easy to make these types of assumptions but really Romney could have beaten Obama had Obamacare been rolled out last year.

Even if the Shutdown happened with in the same year, Obamacare/Affordable Care Act is a mess. With the massive about of "misspoken" item that Obama has talked about and the IT mess his rating is one of the worst.

I do really feel bad for him as a President having to deal with this type of nightmare. I feel having Romney in office this would of never happened since he is a business man. Businessmen know how to accomplish task such as making sure a few websites will run properly. I know with any president in office there would be glitches and haters on what happened, but with Romney it would of been one or two states having troubles not all 50.

An article on Rare.us points out how only four leaning states voted differently, Obama would of been a private citizen and not our President. Check it out for your self here.

What do you think? Would Obama still be president today if the Obamacare of rolled out last year?
Would Bush have won another term after his disastrous occupation of Iraq? Would Clinton have won another term after he admitted he lied about his affair with Lewinsky? Most presidents have events that occur during their term in office that would seem to make them unelectable.

Obamacare is probably one of the most difficult pieces of legislation to implement every passed by congress. However, Obama has 3 years to do it and he doesn't have to concern himself with another term in office. I think changing or repealing the law would be almost impossible. It wouldn't surprise me to see some modifications to the law in 2017. I can see a number of things that should be changed. Some the President can do and probably will. However others would require a change in the law.

Last edited:
Even though he doesn't have to concern himself with winning another election, it's certainly in his own interest to get this right before the end of his second term...eventually history will judge him on the success or failure of this piece of legislation. It definitely does not help his case if he loses the trust of the people because they feel that they were intentionally mislead for political gain. He is walking a fine line right now, and with the MSM backing away, he could quickly find himself in a complete free fall...best to delay the whole thing until the web site is fully functional and has the confidence of the people who the system depends on to enroll.

Even though he doesn't have to concern himself with winning another election, it's certainly in his own interest to get this right before the end of his second term...eventually history will judge him on the success or failure of this piece of legislation. It definitely does not help his case if he loses the trust of the people because they feel that they were intentionally mislead for political gain. He is walking a fine line right now, and with the MSM backing away, he could quickly find himself in a complete free fall...best to delay the whole thing until the web site is fully functional and has the confidence of the people who the system depends on to enroll.
The state run web sites which service about 19 states are working with few problems. It's the federal site that services the remainder of the states that's having problems. The federal site is working. However, it get's very slow at times and users give up or get bumped off.

IMHO, the exchanges servers are doing much more than they should be doing. The registration process should be done by the insurance companies. All the federal government would need to do is give them the income validation module. Then all the exchange servers need to do is calculate the subsidy and display plans for comparison. When the user found a plan, they could be connected to the company web server. If someone knows the plan they want, then they should be able to go directly to the that company and bypass the exchange server. If they ran the exchange like this, it would be very similar to the Medicare website which allows users to compare plans and select the one that meets their needs. I think this is how the exchange was suppose to work when the ACA was being discussed in the Senate.

Also, having each state insurance commission validate a company for listing on the exchanges seems to be needless red tape. They should only have to go to the state insurance commission if they are not operating in the state.

I'm sure Obama will get it fixed eventually. It may take a few weeks, but people now have till March 31st to sign up and if need be the president could delay it.

Last edited:
Romney could have beaten Obama had Obamacare been rolled out last year

Very likely, next time it will be just the opposite.

Yep, the website is a mess but its fixable and the only people who care are the Rs and fox who are all lying about it. Meanwhile, individual states are signing up thousands and the people are thrilled. The Rs lie about people losing their insurance when, in fact, what's happening is the insurance companies are doing what they do best - screwing people over. And, the people who are "losing" their ins are actually getting better coverage for less.

(Don't bother hissing and spitting and sputtering. There are several threads in the health forum, all with links. Go read them.)

Once again, the Rs are on the wrong side of history. By the time the next general rolls around, people are going to be happy with the ins coverage they have and the Rs will still be whining about women and gays and wanting to give more money to the two percent and they'll get their socks beat off again.

Forum List

Back