High School blocks Fox News site

I guess I should not have been surprised by my kid telling me yesterday that his school at Braddock here in Miami has blocked all conservative sites on the library computers. He had to do a paper regarding news articles on the election and he tried to go to Fox News and it was blocked. He tried to go to Drudge Report and it was blocked. He even tried to go to a Mitt Romney’s campaign site and it was blocked. When he tried to go to CNN it was available. MSNBC was available and so was Obama’s campaign site.

This has got to stop as it is going the way of controlling our children’s mind. Democrats want to talk of tolerance but only when it is the tolerance of their ideas. They want to talk about being open to ideas but only when it is their ideas. They want to talk about freedom but only when it is their freedoms. The true Democrat party is a party that wishes to run and control everything so they can tell what ever story they want to tell whether it is true or not. We are quickly becoming a Democrat propagandized nation.

my first suggestion would be to somehow verify the situation. I am NOT calling your child a liar (that would be an attack on a family member, and a ban-able offense). Rather, I am suggesting independent verification. If indeed it is fact, then I would certainly complain to the school, the board of education, etc. If nothing is done, the media next.

He brought his kid up and his kid is paramount to the OP.

You are free to say the kid is lying.

The kid is lying.

Report me.

I think you are lying i think this is propaganda, provide the link to the million stories FOX would be doing on this, hell even id it is a lie...but they don't allow people to lie and call it news over the airwaves in Canada so FOX and Rush are blocked there:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Regulators Reject Proposal That Would Bring Fox-Style News to Canada

do you have any idea how many times the bogus 'FOX News is banned in canada' story has been debunked here?

How do you expect the idiot to have a great day after you make him look like a fool here?

I guess I should not have been surprised by my kid telling me yesterday that his school at Braddock here in Miami has blocked all conservative sites on the library computers. He had to do a paper regarding news articles on the election and he tried to go to Fox News and it was blocked. He tried to go to Drudge Report and it was blocked. He even tried to go to a Mitt Romney’s campaign site and it was blocked. When he tried to go to CNN it was available. MSNBC was available and so was Obama’s campaign site.

This has got to stop as it is going the way of controlling our children’s mind. Democrats want to talk of tolerance but only when it is the tolerance of their ideas. They want to talk about being open to ideas but only when it is their ideas. They want to talk about freedom but only when it is their freedoms. The true Democrat party is a party that wishes to run and control everything so they can tell what ever story they want to tell whether it is true or not. We are quickly becoming a Democrat propagandized nation.

my first suggestion would be to somehow verify the situation. I am NOT calling your child a liar (that would be an attack on a family member, and a ban-able offense). Rather, I am suggesting independent verification. If indeed it is fact, then I would certainly complain to the school, the board of education, etc. If nothing is done, the media next.

The kid is lying.

Report me.
my understanding of the rules is that it doesn't matter if the person brings up their family member, or how important said family member is to the post in question. Calling someones family member a liar is an attack on said family member.

I'd make sure that your local FOX affiliate station is aware of it.

The kid is lying.

Report me.
my understanding of the rules is that it doesn't matter if the person brings up their family member, or how important said family member is to the post in question. Calling someones family member a liar is an attack on said family member.

It is ok I don't take people that say such things seriously. I can tell you I believe him and not just because he is my kid, I know he can exaggerate things just like any kid, but it was how it came up in the conversation that lead me to believe him 100%. It was not aim of the discussion as we were just talking about home work he was working on and it came up as a side bar of can you believe kind of thing. I’m sure he was telling the truth and after reading the article I posted and the comments from teachers I can see how this could happen. It was probably not even on purpose. It could have been key words that are blocked like ‘Entertainment’. The teacher in the comments speaks about sites needed for research being blocked and having to submit requests specifically to unblock sites. Then after an upgrade all the sites are blocked again. He states that computers at the school have become just big word processors. I could very easily see now why it would be blocked and not be intentional.

Last edited:

The kid is lying.

Report me.

Then report it.

The kid is lying.

The kid is lying.

Report me.

It is ok I don't take people that say such things seriously. I can tell you I believe him and not just because he is my kid, I know he can exaggerate things just like any kid, but it was how it came up in the conversation that lead me to believe him 100%. It was not aim of the discussion as we were just talking about home work he was working on and it came up as a side bar of can you believe kind of thing. I’m sure he was telling the truth and after reading the article I posted and the comments from teachers I can see how this could happen. It was probably not even on purpose. It could have been key words that are blocked like ‘Entertainment’. The teacher in the comments speaks about sites needed for research being blocked and having to submit requests specifically to unblock sites. Then after an upgrade all the sites are blocked again. He states that computers at the school have become just big word processors. I could very easily see now why it would be blocked and not be intentional.

It's fairly simple. More than juts your word or your child's is need if you are going to make such an important claim.

Forum List

Back