High School blocks Fox News site

Discussion in 'Politics' started by miami_thomas, Aug 30, 2012.

1. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I guess I should not have been surprised by my kid telling me yesterday that his school at Braddock here in Miami has blocked all conservative sites on the library computers. He had to do a paper regarding news articles on the election and he tried to go to Fox News and it was blocked. He tried to go to Drudge Report and it was blocked. He even tried to go to a Mitt Romney’s campaign site and it was blocked. When he tried to go to CNN it was available. MSNBC was available and so was Obama’s campaign site.

This has got to stop as it is going the way of controlling our children’s mind. Democrats want to talk of tolerance but only when it is the tolerance of their ideas. They want to talk about being open to ideas but only when it is their ideas. They want to talk about freedom but only when it is their freedoms. The true Democrat party is a party that wishes to run and control everything so they can tell what ever story they want to tell whether it is true or not. We are quickly becoming a Democrat propagandized nation.

2. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,287
    blocked them? I doubt that.

3. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    The second part of your post , I can agree iwth. The first part I think that I'd need a bit more prooof than just your "kid telling me".

4. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,672
    Why would you doubt the student or mother on this issue? If the student had the computer know how to get to the website and it came up blocked and the MSNBC wasn't, then he was doing the mechanics properly.

The Educational Technology Trainer has the capability to block any sites they want. If the district (or Teachers union) has a liberal bias, it is a plausible scenario. Sad, yes, wrong, yes, possible, yes.

5. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,868
    So rather than standing in a protest line in front of your local school board, you come on here to bitch about this. Seems rather odd.

When does the protest start? I am sure the news (FOX) would be more than happy to champion your cause.

6. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

Because we all know how truthful everyone on this board is, don't we? That's goes for both sides of the aisle.

Another reason is that if you "run with" an unsubstantiated comment and it's later refutted with more substantive proof, "wiping the egg off one's face" will be quite unpleasant.

Not saying it isn't true...just want more than an opinion...that's all.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  7. Jackson

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,672
    Perhaps she is pursuing this. We don't know. I certainly would be making some calls.

8. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,287
    yes, anybody can restrict sites on computers, but I doubt they did, just by hearsay and conjecture.

9. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,287
    I know of several rest. that have only fox news on their tv's, Does that mean that all rest. doing this is right leaning?

10. Jackson

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,672
    I needn't worry about "wiping the egg off my face" when I used the word "possible."