Hey leftists, please give me ONE reason to trust the government to do ANYTHING...

...that is not an enumerated power. I'll wait.

Police force, CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, Education, Clean water, FDA, SS, Medicare, Post office, FAA, NASA, Justic Department, etc.

Why is it rightwinged whores are always running down their country and embolding the enemy in time of war?

A healthy skepticism? Where is your healthy skepticism of corporations and special interests?

Right where it should be thanks.

Now I'm skeptical. No one from the GOP or any conservative pundit is calling for restraint on corporations, stronger regulations or support of any agencies designed to be a watchdog of corporate abuse. Matter of fact, I hear many call for eliminating the EPA, FDA and any agency that is designed to keep corporate abuse in check.

I agree but those who tout the equality of treatment of all people argue vehemently against that very thing.

It is mentally unhealthy to hole diametrically opposed ideals but that doesn't stop the so called progressives.

a pure flat tax is also opposed by the right, aka conservitives.
hedge fund managers do not think they should pay as high of a percentage as most working americans do.
After all they create soo many jobs....

But according to the left wingers on this board, repugnantcans do not want equal treatment for everyone.
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

-- Ronald Reagan

Because what do you want? Big business looking out for OUR best interest as a country? Come on. Government is what gives us our lives. Lets people have a chance to start up a business that can try to compete with companies instead of one company owning everything. Government gives us the chance to live our lifes and protects us from any injustice whether poor or rich. Government is what allows us to have a civil society.

Because what do you want? Big business looking out for OUR best interest as a country? Come on. Government is what gives us our lives. Lets people have a chance to start up a business that can try to compete with companies instead of one company owning everything. Government gives us the chance to live our lifes and protects us from any injustice whether poor or rich. Government is what allows us to have a civil society.

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come.
Thy mandate be done
on flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
and audit us our trespasses,
as we file suit against those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into liberty,
but deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

You mean like when the FDA runs up the cost of getting a new medication or medical device to market up over $500 million, and their red tape delays the process for 2-5 years?

Yup...There sure are all sorts of start-up pharmaceutical labs that can afford that! :rolleyes:

Ok, what part of article 1 section 8 do you not understand, and i'll gladly explain it to you.

Oh I dont know though...just to scratch the surface.

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775 You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Seems to working to me. I received a letter today saying a bill was paid.

Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
Seems to be working to me. Older people I know receive a check every month.
Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
Seems like it is working to me. I see nothing broke.
War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.
1 Trillion to the poor? LMAO!!! I'm a Liberal, show me.
Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
Seems to be working to me. People receiving treatment daily.
Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
Seems to be working to me.
The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It
has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

Seems to be working to me. I turned on the light and it works.
Someone emailed me that so yeah I copy pasted it. It's all true, so why trust government?

You seem sadly misled in life by an email friend. Is he a subversive of government, someone who should be scrutinized and maybe turned over to the feds?

I find it fascinating how the left just blindly trust government........always wondered how that sentiment manifested itself? These people really do think that the government has the best interests of the people at heart and can be trusted implicitly. Its fcuking fascinating.

I just hope these people arent in charge of anything.............:2up:

Liberals don't. Whoever gave you that idea should be dopeslapped.

Well, thank you for being honest. I can't understand why a human being would choose bondage to liberty, but hell, whatever makes you feel good. Unfortunately, this is not a reason for someone like me, who believes in natural rights to trust a federal government to do things for me that I can do myself, and thus relinquishing said natural rights.

So, thanks again, but I need more reason.

Nice rightwing rhetoric..Bondage? :lol:

Care to name a government on earth that you prefer?

I'd prefer a constitutional republic based on law instead of an oligarchy based on tyranny any day.
An Oligarchy is what the right wing has given us.

Forum List

Back