Hey leftists, please give me ONE reason to trust the government to do ANYTHING...

...that is not an enumerated power. I'll wait.

Enumerated power is a matter of interpretation... Power to tax, provide defense, and general welfare cover most of what they do.

I'd ask what specifically you think we're doing that's unconstitutional, but I know how that conversation goes... :rolleyes:

Ok, what part of article 1 section 8 do you not understand, and i'll gladly explain it to you.

Oh I dont know though...just to scratch the surface.

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775 You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It
has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

Someone emailed me that so yeah I copy pasted it. It's all true, so why trust government?

Last edited:

Enumerated power is a matter of interpretation... Power to tax, provide defense, and general welfare cover most of what they do.

I'd ask what specifically you think we're doing that's unconstitutional, but I know how that conversation goes... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the constitutionality of it, but taking money from me to teach Africans how to scrub their ballsacks doesn't seem right.

Ok, what part of article 1 section 8 do you not understand, and i'll gladly explain it to you.

Why, yes, I am familiar with that particular article and section, it contains all three of the things I mentioned above.

Liberty said:
The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775 You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It
has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

Someone emailed me that so yeah I copy pasted it. It's all true, so why trust government?

This is, of course, where the conversation goes.
You didn't claim anything above was unconstitutional, you're just saying a bunch of stuff is "Broke." Some of it really is, most of it is just hyperbole. But lacking is the mention of constitutionality of any of it.

Why is it the right hates the government the founders left us?

How about you answer the original question? Why do you, and thus, why should I, trust a corrupt, debt ridden federal government to do ANYTHING on my behalf? What has earned them that trust (not to mention the power to do so, but that's a thread for another time)?

Why, yes, I am familiar with that particular article and section, it contains all three of the things I mentioned above.

Liberty said:

You didn't claim anything above was unconstitutional, you're just saying a bunch of stuff is "Broke." Some of it really is, most of it is just hyperbole. But lacking is the mention of constitutionality of any of it.

I'm saying its unconstitutional as well, thats why it doesn't work. None of that is in the enumerated powers or the amendments, so again I ask, please convince me to trust the federal government. Thanks.

Liberty said:

I'm saying its unconstitutional as well, thats why it doesn't work. None of that is in the enumerated powers or the amendments, so again I ask, please convince me to trust the federal government. Thanks.

You shouldn't. Chain e-mails, talking heads, and radical right wing websites are far more trustworthy.

"How, then, did modern constitutional law get so complicated and federal power so expansive? One reason is that several provisions in the Constitution were written broadly to allow for contingencies. But those provisions were never meant to open the floodgates to boundless congressional power. The presumption was that any political redress of unexpected problems would be done with due deference to the larger structure, aims and principles of the document. This brings us to the main reason Congress leapt its constitutional bounds: a fundamental shift in the climate of ideas.

Early 20th-century Progressives, inspired by European social democracies, rejected the Constitution's plan for limited government, advocating social engineering schemes instead. Rule by government experts was the order of the day. As people and politicians succumbed to those ideas, especially in the states, courts would often block the schemes in the name of constitutional liberty. When Progressives later took their agenda to the federal level, however, and the Supreme Court continued to block it, President Franklin D. Roosevelt unveiled his infamous plan to pack the court with six new members.

The threat cowed the court, which in a pair of 1937 decisions (Helvering v. Davis and NLRB v. Jones & Laughlin Steel Corp) essentially gave Congress the power to redistribute and regulate at will, eviscerating the very foundation of the Constitution: the doctrine of enumerated powers. A year later, in U.S. v. Carolene Products, the court reduced property rights and economic liberty to second-class status under the Constitution. And in National Broadcasting Co. v. U.S. (1943), it allowed Congress to delegate ever more of its vastly expanded legislative powers to administrative agencies in the quickly expanding executive branch."
Roger Pilon: Congress Rediscovers the Constitution - WSJ.com

You either like the government our founders left us or not.

The fact that YOU PRETEND the constitution says one thing while the arbitors of the constitution the founders left us says another is merely a product of your fantasies.

I dont trust them to do anything the constitution doesnt allow them to do.

You are jsut so full of piss and lies you dont know what is enumerated or not.

Our government is made up of people we vote into office. It's not some shadowy cabal of cigarette smoking trench-coat wearing men to live secretly in the shadows, "gather secret information" and "pull strings".

I can certainly understand why Republicans are scared. They continually vote leaders into office that are greedy, ideologically driven and don't really care what happens to the Republican base.

Any country is only as strong as it's "Middle Class" and the continuing Republican "War on the Middle Class" has weakened the very foundation of the country. So it's only natural they see the government as the "enemy".

Our government is made up of people we vote into office. It's not some shadowy cabal of cigarette smoking trench-coat wearing men to live secretly in the shadows, "gather secret information" and "pull strings".

I can certainly understand why Republicans are scared. They continually vote leaders into office that are greedy, ideologically driven and don't really care what happens to the Republican base.

Any country is only as strong as it's "Middle Class" and the continuing Republican "War on the Middle Class" has weakened the very foundation of the country. So it's only natural they see the government as the "enemy".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That.

You either like the government our founders left us or not.

The fact that YOU PRETEND the constitution says one thing while the arbitors of the constitution the founders left us says another is merely a product of your fantasies.

I dont trust them to do anything the constitution doesnt allow them to do.

You are jsut so full of piss and lies you dont know what is enumerated or not.

Hahahahaha.

Man, I know so much more than you it's sad, and you make yourself look like a moron.
I'll stop you in your tracks or make you look even more stupid right now.

IF the federal government was intended to have every single power to do anything they wished, as you say, then what pray tell is the purpose of the 10th amendment?

This ought to be good.

Have you considered the information your government has stored about you? What do you suppose the IRS, Social Security and Medicare Data Bases are worth? Do you REALLY want all that information maintained and guarded by a private corporation that can be sold on the international market to the highest bidder?

Why is it the right hates the government the founders left us?

Does it irritate you?

Good morning willow, hope you slept well.

I really love the government my founders left me.

I wish you people did too.

Its really sad that the right doesnt.

You see they left us the ability to drive this country into the future, the right seem to think they didnt.

I dont know why they hate this part of the constitution that our founders designed but it really has saved democracy several times.

Long live democracy and long live our government.

The founders would have been proud of their design to see it survive so long.

I really think they would be insulted by how much the right hates the government they created for us.

I trust the government because we have the greatest government
In the history of mankind...bar none

Hahahaha. If you actually READ the constitution it clearly describes that the only way to gain political authority is through the election process or congressional approval.

We have 39 czars, who have vast political power over industry. When was their election? I seem to have missed it, because congress definitely did not approve their appointments.

Forum List

Back