Herman Cain's First Polling Since News of Accusations Broke

That's going to change. He's handling this in the worst possible way.

You can hear me on a podcast for The Jim and Margerie show from monday saying I expect cain to drop 5-10% by this upcoming monday.....to be honest I was surprised his support remained unchanged.

I figure he'd have a dip, the hype and fluff would die down, and he would trickle back up....i thought Newt and Perry would pick up what he loses in the polls, more newt than perry.

People aren't dumb. They know where this is coming from.

Obama.

Btw, Clinton's favorability rating was at his highest point in his presidency while he was saying he didn't have sex with that woman.

Most Americans with a functioning brain just remember the Clarence Thomas bullshit. The left wing should have been a little more creative. :lol:

Major difference. Clarance Thomas didn't try to lie his way out of it. He went to the Senate, told his side of the story, and backed it up with witnesses who worked with him who confirmed that's not what happened.

Meanwhile, Hill had huge holes in her story that didn't stand up to scrutiny.

Everyone forgets that people didn't believe Hill at the time. Until they had years of the Media telling us she "raised awareness" or some shit that implied something happened or had been proved.

Cain, on the other hand, has dug himself in deeper by changing his story, playing the race card and looking for people to blame without evidence.

What he should do is say, "I call on the NRA to release the women from their NDA's, let them tell their stories, and you can all see there is no substance to it."

If it's something innocuous or a misunderstanding, it will be seen as that.

If it's something worse.... well, nice knowing you, Herman.

That's going to change. He's handling this in the worst possible way.

You can hear me on a podcast for The Jim and Margerie show from monday saying I expect cain to drop 5-10% by this upcoming monday.....to be honest I was surprised his support remained unchanged.

I figure he'd have a dip, the hype and fluff would die down, and he would trickle back up....i thought Newt and Perry would pick up what he loses in the polls, more newt than perry.

People aren't dumb. They know where this is coming from.

Obama.

Btw, Clinton's favorability rating was at his highest point in his presidency while he was saying he didn't have sex with that woman.
While it took the media months to pick up the ball...but that was when it was getting serious...

…with no other GOP contender reaching double-digits.

The real story here is Perry’s decline and fall.

After Cain flames out that will leave only Romney.

Oh, so the goal here is to remove the competition.

Thanks for being honest.

You would rather Obama run unopposed.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Now we know where this is coming from, right?:eusa_angel:

What's really sad is you somebody like you, that seems to think they're riding on some super moral high-horse, thinks this is a good thing. That this is the best way to assure good government.

What was the famous phrase????

"Stupid people deserve stoopid government."

Last edited:

I think Cain will flame out, but I don't see any evidence that people are willing to embrace Romney.

Romney is at the same level he's been all along- a little above 20%, below 30%.

So either you will see a Perry resurgence.

Or Newt will become the "Not Romney".

I think Cain will flame out, but I don't see any evidence that people are willing to embrace Romney.

All of this turmoil seems to benefit Obama.

It really doesn't matter right now who the source was.......Obama's friends in the press are keeping it going just to help him.

By the by ... I saw the latest poll as well. He's ( Cain ) holding the lead and Newt has inched his way up into third place. Hmmmmm ... very interesting.

I like newt.

In 2008 I was here saying "Recruit the Newt" and being roundly ignored/laughed at about it :redface:

He's got about the same chance as Buchanan had when he ran. Smart guy, but he's a bigot, and a skirt chaser.

Oh, so the goal here is to remove the competition.

Thanks for being honest.

You would rather Obama run unopposed.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Now we know where this is coming from, right?:eusa_angel:

What's really sad is you somebody like you, that seems to think they're riding on some super moral high-horse, thinks this is a good thing. That this is the best way to assure good government.

What was the famous phrase????

"Stupid people deserve stoopid government."

This really is the complete fault of the GOP. They went with the extremes of both corporatists and social conservatives. One of the biggest kludges in history.

I was listening to Special Report earlier, while sweating on the elipitcal machine at the gym. They did a comparison of news stories ( ABC / CBS / NBC ) between this controversy with Cain and the three Clinton was in. The difference is astounding. A few each for Clinton ... double digits for Cain.

Politico was mentioned as well ... running with story after story after story. Hell, my inbox is overwhelmed with POLITICO Breaking News emails. Here is the latest ....

POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
POLITICO has learned new details making clear there were urgent discussions at top levels of the National Restaurant Association regarding an alleged unwanted sexual advance by Herman Cain toward a female employee.

The details put the woman's account even more sharply at odds with Cain's emphatic insistence this week that nothing inappropriate happened between the two.

The woman in question told two people directly at the time that Cain made a sexual overture to her at one of the group's events, according to the sources familiar with the incident. The accusation was also later brought to the attention of another board member as well as the restaurant association's general counsel Peter Kilgore.

For more information... Politics, Political News - POLITICO.com

and this is what the administration thinks is most important ... fuck the people I want to get re elected ... yes the right does it too

They call that the "Romney has no true base".
Probably true but that is one of the main reasons I support him.
Bowing to a political base is the problem most Republicans have. ie: the religous right.
Romney will be the nominee. The "it will fall to Newt" gang is chanting but this will never happen. Perry and Cain will make their runs but Mitt will take it.

By the by ... I saw the latest poll as well. He's ( Cain ) holding the lead and Newt has inched his way up into third place. Hmmmmm ... very interesting.

I like newt.

In 2008 I was here saying "Recruit the Newt" and being roundly ignored/laughed at about it :redface:

He's got about the same chance as Buchanan had when he ran. Smart guy, but he's a bigot, and a skirt chaser.

Sounds exactly like Clinton........so he must be a shoe-in.:lol:

They call that the "Romney has no true base".
Probably true but that is one of the main reasons I support him.
Bowing to a political base is the problem most Republicans have. ie: the religous right.
Romney will be the nominee. The "it will fall to Newt" gang is chanting but this will never happen. Perry and Cain will make their runs but Mitt will take it.

I don't trust anyone the press is leaving alone......

Call me crazy.

I like newt.

newt has flashes of intellect and then blows it by gong off into nutterworld.

but mostly, why would you want a guy who was cheating on his wife, while impeaching another guy for cheating on his wife and who served his wife divorce papers while in the hospital after a mastectomy?

Forum List

Back