Herman Cain's First Polling Since News of Accusations Broke

By the by ... I saw the latest poll as well. He's ( Cain ) holding the lead and Newt has inched his way up into third place. Hmmmmm ... very interesting.

I like newt.

In 2008 I was here saying "Recruit the Newt" and being roundly ignored/laughed at about it :redface:

He's got about the same chance as Buchanan had when he ran. Smart guy, but he's a bigot, and a skirt chaser.

So I'm confused.

Clinton was a skirt chaser, and that's good, but Gingrich was a skirt chaser, and that's bad?

And please point out an example of Newt's "bigotry". Thanks.

By the by ... I saw the latest poll as well. He's ( Cain ) holding the lead and Newt has inched his way up into third place. Hmmmmm ... very interesting.

I like newt.

In 2008 I was here saying "Recruit the Newt" and being roundly ignored/laughed at about it :redface:

newt has flashes of intellect and then blows it by gong off into nutterworld.

but mostly, why would you want a guy who was cheating on his wife, while impeaching another guy for cheating on his wife and who served his wife divorce papers while in the hospital after a mastectomy?

First, he and his wife mutually agreed on that divorce, according to his daughter, Jackie.

Second, Clinton wasn't impeached for cheating, he was impeached for perjury and abuse of power.

Third, I think he goes off on tangents, and needs to stay more focused. But he also shows the ability to think outside the box.

A few things about Newt worry me. I think he shouldn't have pushed for impeachment because it was a forgone conclusion Clinton wouldn't be convicted.

But compared to the slimy Romney, Inept Obama and crazy Cain, he's a paragon.

Newt is no bigot. I went to college,my 2nd go around, with his 2nd wife Marianne at GSU. Met him a few times and he is a down to earth guy in person. He has no arrogance and I do not believe he is bigoted in any way towards anyone. He has a gay daughter.
At times he sort of likes to act like one to appeal to the religous right.

First, he and his wife mutually agreed on that divorce, according to his daughter, Jackie.

Except it belies what his own wife said herself.

This new revision by his daughter (and what wingers have been pulling out of late) goes against the history of what happened, and the fact that all these years Gingrich has not denied what his wife has said.

Jackie: "He can say that we had been talking about it [divorce] for 10 years, but the truth is that it came as a complete surprise."
Source: Gail Sheehy. "The Inner Quest of Newt Gingrich." Vanity Fair. 9/1995. Pbs.org.

He's very good at enlisting the help of his family, even as he stabs them in the back.
Not to be forgotten is the fact this family values guy was a deadbeat dad.
"In his make-or-break 1978 race, Gingrich enlisted Jackie to attack his female opponent, who had announced that if elected she would commute to Washington and allow her family to remain in Georgia. At Gingrich's instigation, Jackie wrote a campaign letter declaring that Newt was a fine husband and would take his family with him, although his top aides already knew Gingrich was having affairs and the marriage was falling apart.

The most notorious incident in Gingrich's marriage -- first reported by David Osborne in Mother Jones magazine in 1984 -- was when he cornered Jackie in her hospital room where she was recovering from uterine cancer surgery and insisted on discussing the terms of the divorce he was seeking.

Shortly after that infamous encounter, Gingrich refused to pay his alimony and child-support payments. The First Baptist Church in his hometown had to take up a collection to support the family Gingrich had deserted[FONT=times, times new roman]. [/FONT]"
[FONT=times, times new roman][FONT=times, times new roman][SIZE=+2]Newt's glass house [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

Good grief. Ask my ex-husband what happened in our marriage and divorce and you will get a completely different story from him than from me.

Ask my finacee's ex-wife about their marriage and divorce and you will get a completely different story than from his.

Newt is no bigot. I went to college,my 2nd go around, with his 2nd wife Marianne at GSU. Met him a few times and he is a down to earth guy in person. He has no arrogance and I do not believe he is bigoted in any way towards anyone. He has a gay daughter.
You can't know him that well. He doesn't have a gay daughter, he has a gay sister - and he announced if she were to have a same-sex union, he wouldn't attend.

Nice family values.

I like newt.

Newt is definitely the Elder Statesman in the room at each debate.

He really captured my imagination with his thoughts on the FED and berneke...and other unsavory characters in government that SHOULD be put in jail...I highly support the notion...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-KL7UnC8vA]Newt Gingrich Slams The Fed [Bloomberg News GOP Debate - 10/11/11] - YouTube[/ame]

I'm a Newt supporter also.. He's the one to beat Obama.. would tear him to shreds in a debate.

You can't know him that well. He doesn't have a gay daughter, he has a gay sister - and he announced if she were to have a same-sex union, he wouldn't attend.

Nice family values.

Oh please.. get over the bigotry bullshit when it comes to screwing the same sex. If a man fucks his neighbor's dog next door and I don't agree with his choice, does that also make me a bigot? You dumbass!

I like newt.

but mostly, why would you want a guy who was cheating on his wife, while impeaching another guy for cheating on his wife and who served his wife divorce papers while in the hospital after a mastectomy?

Which is it??? I can't keep up with you lefties hypocrisy .. It's no big deal , I thought?? After all, that was the defense with Bubba.. remember???

I like newt.

Newt is definitely the Elder Statesman in the room at each debate.

He really captured my imagination with his thoughts on the FED and berneke...and other unsavory characters in government that SHOULD be put in jail...I highly support the notion...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-KL7UnC8vA]Newt Gingrich Slams The Fed [Bloomberg News GOP Debate - 10/11/11] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh5XB-N5jf0]Newt Gingrich New Hampshire Debate Highlights 06-13-11 - YouTube[/ame]

I like newt.

Newt's personal life may have issues in its past but his positions on the issues are agreeable to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmmY9G9X_sw]Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich in GOP Debate - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back