Here's The United States Code The NFL Players Are Violating---36 U.S.C. § 301

That code provision is flag and anthem etiquette. Not law.

The real issue is not the kneeling nancys, it's the selective enforcement.

If violating NFL rules is to go unpunished, then ALL the rules should be unpunished. It's fucking bullshit to blatantly ignore the conduct rule on the national anthem, but then fine a team for putting stickers on their helmets.

Yeah, they sure do have a lot of rules.
McGarrett said:
"Here's the U.S. Code that these unAmerican malcontents are violating."

I agree with your sentiment, but that is not the issue here. No one is required to stand and it is not illegal to sit or whatever during the anthem. But. that also is not the issue here. This has been made clear by several posters already. And yes, of course CK has the right to express his opinions on social issues. But again this is not the issue. The real issue here is why would the nfl condone this clearly inappropriate and disrespectful act.[overwhelming public consensus] Why was no action taken by the nfl on this matter. There certainly were numerous precedents. eg: The Pit QB in 2010 who committed no crime and was not charged with anything was suspended for 4 games. The nfl Personal Conduct Rule was invoked. They gave some gobbledegook about the incident reflecting on the image of the nfl blah blah etc.

Now this incident where the american flag is crapped on, the president of the US is referred to, well let's just say in extremely unflattering terms. My question is, "How's this doing for the image of the nfl?" LMAO

Yep! The nfl has dug itself into a nice hole here. Anyone have any suggestions how they might dig out? IDTS

That code provision is flag and anthem etiquette. Not law.

The real issue is not the kneeling nancys, it's the selective enforcement.

If violating NFL rules is to go unpunished, then ALL the rules should be unpunished. It's fucking bullshit to blatantly ignore the conduct rule on the national anthem, but then fine a team for putting stickers on their helmets.

Yeah, they sure do have a lot of rules.
McGarrett said:
"Here's the U.S. Code that these unAmerican malcontents are violating."

I agree with your sentiment, but that is not the issue here. No one is required to stand and it is not illegal to sit or whatever during the anthem. But. that also is not the issue here. This has been made clear by several posters already. And yes, of course CK has the right to express his opinions on social issues. But again this is not the issue. The real issue here is why would the nfl condone this clearly inappropriate and disrespectful act.[overwhelming public consensus] Why was no action taken by the nfl on this matter. There certainly were numerous precedents. eg: The Pit QB in 2010 who committed no crime and was not charged with anything was suspended for 4 games. The nfl Personal Conduct Rule was invoked. They gave some gobbledegook about the incident reflecting on the image of the nfl blah blah etc.

Now this incident where the american flag is crapped on, the president of the US is referred to, well let's just say in extremely unflattering terms. My question is, "How's this doing for the image of the nfl?" LMAO

Yep! The nfl has dug itself into a nice hole here. Anyone have any suggestions how they might dig out? IDTS
Sure, the solution is to let each person decide for themselves if they want to stand or not.

Here's the U.S. Code that these unAmerican malcontents are violating. Trump is right, fire them. Hell, even Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro Soebarka, the former unconstitutional non-natural born citizen president, violated it when he was a candidate.

images

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—

(1) when the flag is displayed—

(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

That same code shows that the NFL presents the flag in illegal ways. But I guess that doesn't matter?

Does that mean it's not a crime?

It's not a crime. The code is 'advisory'.

The code is LAW. Laws aren't advisory.

Like I said, burning a flag might be legal just not in your best interest.

Argue with these statements then:

Criminal penalties for certain acts of desecration to the flag were contained in Title 18 of the United States Code prior to 1989. The Supreme Court decision in Texas v. Johnson; June 21, 1989, held the statute unconstitutional. This statute was amended when the Flag Protection Act of 1989 (Oct. 28, 1989) imposed a fine and/or up to I year in prison for knowingly mutilating, defacing, physically defiling, maintaining on the floor or trampling upon any flag of the United States. The Flag Protection Act of 1989 was struck down by the Supreme Court decision, United States vs. Eichman, decided on June 11, 1990.
While the Code empowers the President of the United States to alter, modify, repeal or prescribe additional rules regarding the Flag, no federal agency has the authority to issue 'official' rulings legally binding on civilians or civilian groups. Consequently, different interpretations of various provisions of the Code may continue to be made. The Flag Code may be fairly tested: 'No disrespect should be shown to the Flag of the United States of America.' Therefore, actions not specifically included in the Code may be deemed acceptable as long as proper respect is shown.

Flag Code, Etiquette and Laws

That's what I said. The courts have said burning the flag isn't. They consider someone's right to be a piece of shit and do so on a higher level than respecting the flag of their country.

Tell me the next time and the location where you're going to burn the flag. I want to . . . watch.

A flag is a piece of cloth and that is all. The Constitution is what defines this country.
hly fk, really, that's what you see? good to know anti american

Last edited:

Forum List

Back