Here's The United States Code The NFL Players Are Violating---36 U.S.C. § 301

You missed one of my earlier posts yesterday where I said I do stand when the Anthem is played on my tv, or in any home of my friends when watching a game. Since I'm an American Patriot of White European heritage, it means I'm dedicated and respectful to the flag

What happens if you hear the anthem when you are driving?

Do you pull over to the side of the road?
I place my right hand over my heart.

While sitting???

How disrespectful!!!
what does one in a wheel chair do? are they forever disrespectful? just like a true lib, jumping off a cliff with a stupid statement without thought. thanks for the show.

People in wheelchairs are weak.

If they were true Americans and Patriots, they would pull themselves into a standing position.

You missed one of my earlier posts yesterday where I said I do stand when the Anthem is played on my tv, or in any home of my friends when watching a game. Since I'm an American Patriot of White European heritage, it means I'm dedicated and respectful to the flag

As I mentioned in an earlier post yesterday, I haven't heard the Anthem played during a sports game on the car radio due to me listening to Rush, Michael Savage, and Hannity.

I made Steve stand up.

a real ball player with patriotism;

While sitting???

How disrespectful!!!
what does one in a wheel chair do? are they forever disrespectful? just like a true lib, jumping off a cliff with a stupid statement without thought. thanks for the show.

If they were true Americans and Patriots, they would pull themselves into a standing position.
truly an all in stoop you are.

"(g) When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace."

Olympic metal ceremonies violate international law.

Is this disrespectful of the flag?

BigAmericanFlag-nfl_large_580_10001.jpg

US Flag Code 10.176(c) “The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.”

"(g) When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace."

Olympic metal ceremonies violate international law.
and?

As I mentioned in an earlier post yesterday, I haven't heard the Anthem played during a sports game on the car radio due to me listening to Rush, Michael Savage, and Hannity.

I made Steve stand up.

today if that happened, I could see the left saying he took away that dude's free speech. wanna bet?

I made Steve stand up.

today if that happened, I could see the left saying he took away that dude's free speech. wanna bet?

Give it a try.

I made Steve stand up.

Give it a try.

I'm waiting.

No, you're just talking out of your ass. There's only one level to look at it, it's called reality. TRY IT!

The reality is you're thinking too narrowly when it comes to punishment.

Ok you stupid mother fucker why don't you explain in detail the error of my ways.

Calm down, cowboy. You might blow a gasket.

You error is focusing on the government. Think outside that box you stupid motherfucker.

Oh you mean like idiots like yourself going on endlessly about BS that means nothing. The have a right not to abide by your wishes, you have a right not to like it, END OF STORY. Now run along child, we're done.

You're still missing it, son.

I'll run along when you can run me along. Funny how so many of you make demands of others yet can't do a damn thing about backing them up.

I think you're the one missing it, this thread is about US Code. That's the government.

It's not a crime. The code is 'advisory'.

The code is LAW. Laws aren't advisory.

Like I said, burning a flag might be legal just not in your best interest.

Title 36 of the United States Code - Wikipedia

Chapter 3: National Anthem, Motto, Floral Emblem, and March
You idiots are sooooooooooo funny.

Those guidelines are not criminally enforceable. That has been well established.

They aren't criminal statutes, they are administrative. I established there was no punishment in post #9, yet here you and others are just talking past each other.

Then who in the above post are you calling idiots, and why?

Everyone that hasn't bothered to see what the purposes of Title 36 are. I provided a link. It doesn't seem anyone has bothered to even scan it and are still stuck in their entrenchments. I guess reality has no real bearing on the discussion, So I'm out of it.

The reality is you're thinking too narrowly when it comes to punishment.

Ok you stupid mother fucker why don't you explain in detail the error of my ways.

Calm down, cowboy. You might blow a gasket.

You error is focusing on the government. Think outside that box you stupid motherfucker.

Oh you mean like idiots like yourself going on endlessly about BS that means nothing. The have a right not to abide by your wishes, you have a right not to like it, END OF STORY. Now run along child, we're done.

You're still missing it, son.

I'll run along when you can run me along. Funny how so many of you make demands of others yet can't do a damn thing about backing them up.

I think you're the one missing it, this thread is about US Code. That's the government.

So much for your demands. They're meaningless.

Title 36 of the United States Code - Wikipedia

Chapter 3: National Anthem, Motto, Floral Emblem, and March
You idiots are sooooooooooo funny.

Those guidelines are not criminally enforceable. That has been well established.

They aren't criminal statutes, they are administrative. I established there was no punishment in post #9, yet here you and others are just talking past each other.

Then who in the above post are you calling idiots, and why?

Everyone that hasn't bothered to see what the purposes of Title 36 are. I provided a link. It doesn't seem anyone has bothered to even scan it and are still stuck in their entrenchments. I guess reality has no real bearing on the discussion, So I'm out of it.

Run, bitch, run.

While sitting???

How disrespectful!!!

I was discharged from Percy Jones HC. My first trip to the day room and an officer entered and someone yelled "Attention" and I rose to my feet, the only one. Later I discovered that the "Attention" was sounded but no one had to stand; too many amputees in the room.

Christ, if it's legal to BURN a flag, how can it possibly be a crime to improperly address it during the anthem?????

It may be legal to burn the flag but not a good choice.

That has nothing to do with my point.

Sure it does. It addressed burning the flag.

Next.

Oh, here we go. If it were an actual federal crime to, for example, improperly display the flag, how could it then still be legal to BURN one?

eh?

So violating 36 U.S.C. 301 isn't a crime? No wonder you idiots think someone coming here illegally isn't a crime.

There is no penalty to it. Who in their right mind would bring a case? It would be overturned if it were enforced.

Nobody can be charged for violating it, there are no penalties proscribed for it's violation. No fines, no jail time, no nothing.

Sure they can. Charges involve saying what you did to break the law.

Due process means a person get an arraignment

Criminal Law Stages of a Criminal Case :: Justia

Court Process - Infraction, Misdemeanor, and Felony - NoCuffs.com

At the arraignment hearing you will be asked to wait until your name is called. You will be with a number of other defendants awaiting their arraignments or other pretrial hearings. Once you are called in front of the judge, he or she will inform you of a few things:

• Charges: The judge will inform you of the charges being brought against you, and the potential punishments.
36 U.S.C. 301 has no punishments. Whether you plea guilty or not guilty, they have to let you walk out the door.

Charges: What you did. Period. When then police charge someone with a crime, they don't list the potential punishment. They tell you that if you don't want what you say used against you, keep your trap shut. The courts decide what the punishment is.

Judges cannot fix a penalty when none is allowed in the code. It is more of a suggestion than a law.

Show me the criminal penalties then.

Does that mean it's not a crime?

Argue with these statements then:

Criminal penalties for certain acts of desecration to the flag were contained in Title 18 of the United States Code prior to 1989. The Supreme Court decision in Texas v. Johnson; June 21, 1989, held the statute unconstitutional. This statute was amended when the Flag Protection Act of 1989 (Oct. 28, 1989) imposed a fine and/or up to I year in prison for knowingly mutilating, defacing, physically defiling, maintaining on the floor or trampling upon any flag of the United States. The Flag Protection Act of 1989 was struck down by the Supreme Court decision, United States vs. Eichman, decided on June 11, 1990.
While the Code empowers the President of the United States to alter, modify, repeal or prescribe additional rules regarding the Flag, no federal agency has the authority to issue 'official' rulings legally binding on civilians or civilian groups. Consequently, different interpretations of various provisions of the Code may continue to be made. The Flag Code may be fairly tested: 'No disrespect should be shown to the Flag of the United States of America.' Therefore, actions not specifically included in the Code may be deemed acceptable as long as proper respect is shown.

Flag Code, Etiquette and Laws

That's what I said. The courts have said burning the flag isn't. They consider someone's right to be a piece of shit and do so on a higher level than respecting the flag of their country.

Tell me the next time and the location where you're going to burn the flag. I want to . . . watch.

A flag is a piece of cloth and that is all. The Constitution is what defines this country.

There are no winners in all of this. Sports and football are considered "all-American" games that people go to for entertainment. They go there as sports fans and no one cares whether you like Pelosi or think Trump is a Dump. We are sports fans and the football games were a place we could all still go to and just be AMERICANS in unity loving and hating our teams! For the most part, you could even go to an opposing stadium rooting for the visitors with impunity. It was expected.

Enter Roger Goodell. The NFL has been taking steps back for years that has hurt the business, such as inconsistent penalties. Used to be you almost had to kill someone to get a 15 yard penalty, now they fly through the air like feathers! Often a person is hardly touched, has NO EFFECT on the outcome of the game and was committed to the act, in the air, shoved or whatever and could not help what they did and they still get a 15 yard penalty! But rules are rules, right?

THAT'S THE PROBLEM. One guy gets his career ended for little provocation while another guy beats his wife unconscious and drags her limp body away and Roger has to be forced into taking action? This whole mess is HIS doing.

As already pointed out, there are rules governing these protests. Had Goodell imposed a fine a year or two ago when Kapernick started this crap, suspended him 2 games with a $150,000 penalty, that would have been the end to all of this right there and then. Players are representatives of the NFL on and off the field and such behavior is disallowed and offends many fans. Had this been giving the finger to Muslims, you can bet ol' Roger would have jumped right on it!

As a businessman turned president, Trump is quite right that disrespecting our flag is an outrage, especially being tolerated by a huge American business making billions of dollars! It doesn't matter now if Trump should have said it or nor------ he said it. In any business I know, if you are out there breaking company policy and offending customers, your ass is out of there! Whatever effect and direction it goes now, you can blame Roger Goodell. Attendance is already down 10%.

Maybe Trump should have stepped in there and taken over the NFL like Obama took over the auto industry and fired Goodell to put someone in his place. I can't imagine that hardly a person would have complained.

On target post!

"As already pointed out, there are rules governing these protests. Had Goodell imposed a fine a year or two ago when Kapernick started this crap, suspended him 2 games with a $150,000 penalty, that would have been the end to all of this right there and then. "

----This started this year preseason----

Aug. 14 and Aug. 20 — Kaepernick goes unnoticed while sitting during the anthem
Kaepernick made headlines when he sat during the 49ers third preseason game, but he also sat during the first two games, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network. Kaepernick wasn’t in uniform and didn’t play during the first two games.

However, he was in uniform the remaining preseason games and either sat or took a knee, meanwhile continuing his ideological babbling. Apparently, he did not make the 48ers final cut and is now out of the league.

Why no league action was taken on this issue immediately is beyond baffling.

Does that mean it's not a crime?

Argue with these statements then:

Criminal penalties for certain acts of desecration to the flag were contained in Title 18 of the United States Code prior to 1989. The Supreme Court decision in Texas v. Johnson; June 21, 1989, held the statute unconstitutional. This statute was amended when the Flag Protection Act of 1989 (Oct. 28, 1989) imposed a fine and/or up to I year in prison for knowingly mutilating, defacing, physically defiling, maintaining on the floor or trampling upon any flag of the United States. The Flag Protection Act of 1989 was struck down by the Supreme Court decision, United States vs. Eichman, decided on June 11, 1990.
While the Code empowers the President of the United States to alter, modify, repeal or prescribe additional rules regarding the Flag, no federal agency has the authority to issue 'official' rulings legally binding on civilians or civilian groups. Consequently, different interpretations of various provisions of the Code may continue to be made. The Flag Code may be fairly tested: 'No disrespect should be shown to the Flag of the United States of America.' Therefore, actions not specifically included in the Code may be deemed acceptable as long as proper respect is shown.

Flag Code, Etiquette and Laws

That's what I said. The courts have said burning the flag isn't. They consider someone's right to be a piece of shit and do so on a higher level than respecting the flag of their country.

Tell me the next time and the location where you're going to burn the flag. I want to . . . watch.

A flag is a piece of cloth and that is all. The Constitution is what defines this country.
What do you think the American flag symbolizes? Be specific!

Forum List

Back