Here Comes the Gun and Speech Legislation

Second amendment rights lead to second amendment solutions

That is the price we pay as a nation. All too often in our history we have had people showing their objections to someone exercising their first amendment rights by exercising their second amendment solutions

sure it does

if a business owner posts a sign "no guns" then you do NOT have a right to violate his rights by carrying a gun into his business

Please cite where in the Constitution it limits where I can carry.
the example i just stated
your right does not over power anothers

Nope, he/she has the right to not carry, but enfringing on my right to carry is an imposition on my rights, not theirs.

Please cite where in the Constitution it limits where I can carry.

Nope, he/she has the right to not carry, but enfringing on my right to carry is an imposition on my rights, not theirs.
when you see that sign, you have two options
not enter his establishment
or not take your gun in with you
you CAN NOT force your rights over his

Its a valid concern. Why are crazy people provided unlimited access to guns? Both Laughers in Tucson and Cho at Virginia Tech were acknowledged by those around them to be threats and nut jobs. Yet both had no problems openly purchasing firearms.

Why are terrorists on watch lists prohibited from flying but not prohibited from buying guns?

thats the people around them Rw....Dean is considered a nutjob by many here....but i bet he can get a gun....:eusa_whistle:

Its a valid concern. Why are crazy people provided unlimited access to guns? Both Laughers in Tucson and Cho at Virginia Tech were acknowledged by those around them to be threats and nut jobs. Yet both had no problems openly purchasing firearms.

Why are terrorists on watch lists prohibited from flying but not prohibited from buying guns?

thats the people around them Rw....Dean is considered a nutjob by many here....but i bet he can get a gun....:eusa_whistle:
now THATS a scary thought
i dont even want him around sharp objects

Cute....but you know what I am talking about

These two would have been refused service in a bar because they are such nut jobs. But they would not be refused service in a gun shop

Too bad someone in the crowd wasn't armed. I heard that someone did show up right after they had subdued the shooter, but didn't draw his weapon because things were under control. Imagine that, a responsible gun owner.

How do you know that nobody in the crowd was armed? This is Arizona...the most liberal state for carrying a gun

i saw a show about cops the other day that said Alaska is the most armed State....the Alaskan state Trooper they were talking too said..... "EVERYONE carries here.....when we stop someone,we know there is a gun in the car"......

Right, that falls into personal property rights. If I own property I have the right to determine what is and isn't on my property. Or do I? It's an interesting cat and mouse game. I'm not a constitutional expert, but I think an acceptable solution to that would be to define clearly what is personal property and what is not. If a non-taxed institution like a church bans guns then I believe they should be honored. If you don't want a gun brought into your own residence your right to not have them should be honored.

Now as for your business? I'd lean toward a persons right to carry over a business owner's right to refuse. Because it's still public domain. If your inviting the public in to make transactions you should respect their civil rights. It's a fine line, but I can see both sides.

The Constitutional right is TO carry a firearm. He cannot force an unconstitutional position on me. Besides, it would require an illegal search to determine whether I was carrying or not. You have not thought this out very well.

Typical reaction to a situation like this. This individual purchased the glock legally, and passed all background checks.
So there is no legislation to introduce.There was nothing criminal, except the gun owners act of attempted murder, and murder.

The Constitutional right is TO carry a firearm. He cannot force an unconstitutional position on me. Besides, it would require an illegal search to determine whether I was carrying or not. You have not thought this out very well.
if it is concealed, you are right, he wouldn't know
but i was more referring to open carry

Note how many lives & injuries would have been saved had the crowd been packing concealed weapons. They would have taken him out before he shot 20 people.

browninghp21.jpg

Arizona has the most liberal handgun conceal laws in the country. What makes you think nobody in the crowd was packing?

Since no one shot back I would guess that no one was carrying. I could be wrong about that, but anyone that thinks making it illegal to carry would have prevented this is definitely wrong. I will take maybe wrong over always wrong every single time.

Note how many lives & injuries would have been saved had the crowd been packing concealed weapons. They would have taken him out before he shot 20 people.

browninghp21.jpg

Arizona has the most liberal handgun conceal laws in the country. What makes you think nobody in the crowd was packing?

Since no one shot back I would guess that no one was carrying. I could be wrong about that, but anyone that thinks making it illegal to carry would have prevented this is definitely wrong. I will take maybe wrong over always wrong every single time.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXKMJlFGAug&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

browninghp21.jpg

The kid was a widely recognized nut job. His bizarre behavior would prevent his being served in a bar, it will not prevent him being served in a gun shop

That is for the constituents who elected her to decide. Her position has always been perfectly clear

To me...she has more of a dog in the fight than someone on the NRA payroll

You are assuming that someone who works for or is affiliated with the NRA hasn't experienced the same tragedy.

The kid was a widely recognized nut job. His bizarre behavior would prevent his being served in a bar, it will not prevent him being served in a gun shop

How do you know he wouldn't be served in a bar? Do you think he acts loony 24/7? How do you know he wasn't acting perfectly normal when he bought the gun? How widely recognized was he? Widely recognized at school perhaps, but at the gun shop?

You are making an awful lot of unsupported suppositions today.

Last edited:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXKMJlFGAug&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
dang, i knew i had heard that, but couldnt find anything to confirm
are we sure this was an accurate report and not an error reporting from the fog of the event?

He would not get served in a bar? What makes you think he acted like a nutcase so much that he would be denied service in a bar? and what about that statement has anything to do with what I said?

Forum List

Back