Here Comes the Gun and Speech Legislation

The point is this oh clueless one.....

In the United States of America ....Bars are more discerning of whom they serve drinks to than gun shops are of whom they sell guns (and 33 round clips) to

Irony...what a concept

Completely false. No gun dealer wants the wrath of the ATF coming down on them. Plus, this could ultimately cause them to lose their business, incur fines and or prison.

Sorry guys

But you can't have it both ways. Somebody pulls out a gun and shoots up a crowd and you excuse it by saying....."We can't control what a crazy person does"

You have this guy and the guy from Virginia Tech who are universally recognized by their acquaintances as crazy..... They still waltz into a gun shop and buy anything they want
You excuse it once again

What the fuck is wrong with this country?
i think you are nuts
how do we make sure you cant walk into a gun shop and buy a gun?

Completely false. No gun dealer wants the wrath of the ATF coming down on them. Plus, this could ultimately cause them to lose their business, incur fines and or prison.

Sorry guys

But you can't have it both ways. Somebody pulls out a gun and shoots up a crowd and you excuse it by saying....."We can't control what a crazy person does"

You have this guy and the guy from Virginia Tech who are universally recognized by their acquaintances as crazy..... They still waltz into a gun shop and buy anything they want
You excuse it once again

i think you are nuts

What the fuck difference would it make?

They would sell me my Glock and as many extra capacity clips as I want

"Would you like hollow points with that sir? We are having a special"

Posted 07:12 PM ET

Political Exploitation: In the wake of the Arizona killings, knee-jerk Democrats want to crack down on free speech and place more limits on gun ownership. All of this because a single man out of 310 million with no links to conservatives or talk radio allegedly goes mad.

The political left is always prowling for ways to curb freedom and exert more government control over society. With six killed and 20 shot at a Tucson grocery store on Saturday, including the intended target, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, the left now has a tragic event to help push its agenda.

Almost before the bleeding was over, Democratic Rep. Carolyn McCarthy of New York "pounced," Politico reported, "on the shooting massacre ... promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the high-capacity ammunition clip the gunman used."

Never mind constitutional rights and the immorality of denying Americans a means of defending themselves and their families. Forget the data uncovered by economist John Lott showing that guns are more useful for self-defense than for crime.

And don't bother to acknowledge that complete safety, even from gun violence, is unattainable no matter what the laws are.

Just keep choking freedom — and stoking hate toward gun owners — for political gain.

McCarthy's plan won the quick support of another Democrat, Rep. Mike Quigley of Illinois, who told Politico that he hoped "something good" could come from the Arizona shootings. It doesn't take a cynic to realize that for the left, "something good" is the march of the Democrats' agenda, not the protection of innocents.

Don't get us wrong. We sympathize with McCarthy, who lost her husband in the senseless and heartbreaking 1993 shooting on a Long Island commuter train that also left her son with severe head injuries. Still, what she proposes would severely limit Americans' Second Amendment rights. Now Rep. Robert Brady, a Pennsylvania Democrat, vows to go hard after our First Amendment liberties.

Though political rhetoric today is far less inflammatory than it was in the past, Brady on Saturday told CNN he would introduce a bill giving members of Congress the same protection as the president. His legislation would make it a federal crime to use language or symbols that could be seen as a threat toward a federal official or lawmaker.

Rep. Ruben Hinojosa of Texas, also a Democrat, supports Brady's idea. He says "the level of discourse is out of control" and "there's a need to tone down the rhetoric." But it's more likely that he, Brady and other Democrats are simply tired of the spirited opposition the left has encountered in inflicting its agenda on the country.

read it all here.
Not Letting Another Crisis Go To Waste - Investors.com

Sorry guys

You excuse it once again

What is wrong with people? A gun is an inanimate object. People were killing long before guns. And there is no both ways.

How many assasinations have we had in this country that didn't involve guns?

It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights...

Second amendment rights yield second amendment remedies

Sorry guys

You excuse it once again

i think you are nuts

this tells me you have no idea what you are talking about
for one, you can NOT buy a gun and ammo at the same time, they WONT sell it to you

Sorry guys

You excuse it once again

i think you are nuts

Well the solution is simple.
You need to amend the Constitution.
It's all this nasty speech that's going on or was it the 2nd amendment you had in mind. Let's do away with them all and we can just agree to go along with anything you want.
No more problems...............

The kid was a widely recognized nut job. His bizarre behavior would prevent his being served in a bar, it will not prevent him being served in a gun shop

As usual you are wrong.

Based on the horrific events of this weekend...evidently, I am not

Here we have a kid who the US Army told...Go away...you are fucking crazy
Who's school told him......Go away....you are fucking crazy

Who went to a gun shop and was told....."Would you like an extra large clip with your Glock sir??"

What is wrong with this country? How many people do we need killed? Are we THAT intimidated by the NRA that we cannot keep guns out of the hands of crazy people?

Build many strawmen do you?

-you are an idiot-

i think you are nuts

for one, you can NOT buy a gun and ammo at the same time, they WONT sell it to you
Not sure who "they" are, but "they" are not any of the several gun shops where I have done just that.

The kid was a widely recognized nut job. His bizarre behavior would prevent his being served in a bar, it will not prevent him being served in a gun shop
Got a link for that?
BTW
If that moron (Dupnik) of a sheriff has a file on this lunitic killer, he will be in a world of shit.

Lets see what we do know...

We know his school told him to get out and not come back without a note from his shrink

We know the Army met the guy and told him he is not to their standards

And lastly, we know this same person went to a gun shop and they said......."would you like an extra large clip with your Glock sir?"
Really - can you post something more inane that this?
I'm guessing so; the good news is I won't have to waste my time reading it.

The point is this oh clueless one.....

In the United States of America ....Bars are more discerning of whom they serve drinks to than gun shops are of whom they sell guns (and 33 round clips) to

Irony...what a concept

Sorry guys

You excuse it once again

Based on the posts youve made here I think you're crazy. I honestly think you cannot tell right from wrong. I would push to have your 2A rights revoked but since you live in NJ they already have been.

You will not prevent incidents like this. It is simply impossible. It is the price we pay for an open society.

Not sure who "they" are, but "they" are not any of the several gun shops where I have done just that.
are you kidding me?
wait, do these shops know you as a multiple customer?
i'm talking someone they've never seen before
selling them the gun and ammo at the same time could allow the guy to load up and rob them at the same time
that would be kinda stupid if you ask me

are you kidding me?
selling them the gun and ammo at the same time could allow the guy to load up and rob them at the same time
Maybe - but it certainly isn't illegal.

How many assasinations have we had in this country that didn't involve guns?

It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights...

Second amendment rights yield second amendment remedies

The Stupid, deep it runs, it does, in this thread.

are you kidding me?
Maybe - but it certainly isn't illegal.
i didnt say it was illegal ;)
but honestly, it probably should be

As usual you are wrong.

Based on the horrific events of this weekend...evidently, I am not

Here we have a kid who the US Army told...Go away...you are fucking crazy
Who's school told him......Go away....you are fucking crazy

Who went to a gun shop and was told....."Would you like an extra large clip with your Glock sir??"

What is wrong with this country? How many people do we need killed? Are we THAT intimidated by the NRA that we cannot keep guns out of the hands of crazy people?

Your problem is you are generalising the situation. Guns prevent far more misery than they inflict. This is a fact. Automobiles are more useful then the harm they cause. Doctors save more people than they kill, but doctors kill far more in both frequency and per capita than firearms by a huge margin. That is a fact. Gun laws have been proven over and over to have no effect on crime...other than to cause it to rise. As is the case in Australia.

are you kidding me?

There is no law on the books that I am aware of where you may not buy ammo on the day you either purchase or pick up a firearm in states where there is a waiting period.

are you kidding me?

Hmm, so let's see. I have a customer who has passed the background check, meaning he is not prohibited on any number of bases. And I am going to suspect this reasonable customer who I know is not a criminal of suddenly loading the gun, with me and my loaded firearms and shooting awards on the wall, and trying to rob me. And he's going to do this because? Hello? Do honest citizens suddenly go berserk when they have a gun in their hands?
This is the problem. People are so brainwashed they think honest people become criminals at the drop of a hat and they think criminals become honest people similarly. No wonder no one objects to airport pat downs. You never know, that 80 grandma might suddenly have become an al Qaeda terrorist for no apparent reason.
Gun, ammunition, holster, cleaning kit. That's what you sell. The idea is to make money.

are you kidding me?

There is no law on the books that I am aware of where you may not buy ammo on the day you either purchase or pick up a firearm in states where there is a waiting period.
Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having a gun to begin with?

Forum List

Back