Helen Thomas should be fired

fired by whom? she retired as a reporter some time ago. she is a columnist. so who should fire her?

she is given the front row...due to the respect of her fellow collegues...lets see if that changes...but i am still interested in who should fire her?

She is a columnist.

My question is what the hell she's doing still sitting in as a reporter in the White House briefings??

I thought those briefings were for reporters resprsenting news outlets??

She needs to leave the USA and go back to Lebanon - her ancestral home. Surely she doesn't want to be an occupier of American Indian Lands?

I think she ought to stay put. An outspoken American, anti-zionist. It would behoove some to understand the difference between anti-zionism and anit-semitism.

Last edited:
got herself a new boyfriend to :razz:

helen-thomas-barack-obama-2009-8-4-14-41-7.jpg

thank you. now that old bag needs to sit down and shut up. she's clearly anti Israel and now she's pissed off a lot of people with her anti semetic rantings.

I'm sorry what? You seemed to have not understood my post. Thomas may be anti-Israel, but she's not antisemitic. Her statements were political, not racial in nature. She made no actual antisemitic statements, just that Palestine is being occupied and the occupiers should get out.

Equating a dislike of Israel with a dislike of the Jewish people is disingenuous. If I don't like what's happened in Zimbabwe, does that make me racist against blacks? If I don't like what David Cameron is doing as prime minister, should we automatically assume I hate Anglicans? Do you see where I'm going with this? This logic simply doesn't work out in the end, because you take an assumption and run off with it without having anything to back it up. Equating political statements with racial ones distracts meaningful discussion from places that have problems today.

Please explain to me how Helen Thomas' statements are antisemitic. Your post quoting mine about the UN creating it does not mean she's antisemitic. Yes, she's against Israel, we've established that. Now please explain to me how this makes her an antisemitic.

Don't pull the same crap you did with Sky Dancer either. You assert she's antisemitic? Start proving it to me with more than just "she is."

I didn't miss your point. I disagree with your point. You, and she are anti semetic.

anbody who want to shove the Jewish people around and force them back to germany or poland is anti semetic.. so don't play dumb.

I didn't miss your point. I disagree with your point. You, and she are anti semetic.

Disagree with it? How? You think it is antisemitism? How? Explain, provide some reasoning. You can disagree all you want, that's perfectly fine, but if you want to convince other people, or make your views look legitimate enough to be upheld, you gotta explain yourself.

anbody who want to shove the Jewish people around and force them back to germany or poland is anti semetic.. so don't play dumb.

What about the Palestinians? Is it okay for the Israelis to shove them around, because being antisemitic is worse than being anti-Palestinian?

Last edited:
Monday, May 31, 2010
The International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network (IJAN) strongly condemns Israel's barbarous early-morning raid, carried out in international waters, on a maritime humanitarian convoy, during which Israeli soldiers attacked with live ammunition peaceful civilians on board, murdering at least fifteen according to the Israeli army, perhaps many more, and wounding scores.

We are humbled and inspired by the commitment and the sacrifice of the people on board these ships. One of the boats in the convoy was named after Rachel Corrie, murdered by an Israeli bulldozer driver while obstructing the demolition of a Palestinian house in Rafah seven years ago. This boat reminds us all that the courage and perseverance of the ships sailing to Gaza follows in an international tradition of total civic engagement and ethical commitment that echoes and responds to the perseverance and courage of a century of Palestinian resistance to ethnic cleansing and colonialism.

This attack on ships carrying 10,000 tons of humanitarian aid, including educational supplies, medical supplies and construction material, is international high seas piracy. We call on all governments to end Israel's impunity, enforce international law and hold Israel accountable for its recurrent violations. Furthermore, this act of piracy was carried out in pursuit of maintaining a siege on Gaza, imposed by Israel with participation of the Egyptian government and US backing, a siege that is itself a crime against humanity. This criminal siege is deepening a terrible humanitarian crisis, with mass unemployment, extreme poverty and food insecurity affecting over a million and a half people, most of whom are refugees from the ethnic cleansing of Palestine in 1948, who are now locked in the world's largest concentration camp. Palestinians in Gaza are prevented from rebuilding their houses destroyed by Israel in the massacre of 2009, and forbidden to import stuff such as toys and chocolate as punishment for having democratically elected a government that refused to collaborate with the occupation.
International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network

the irony is actually funny if you think about it.

palestinians, in the world of the anti-semites, are supposed to take over israel when they lost land in wars THEY started.

but jews are supposed to go back to countries they were expelled from or harassed out of by pogroms when they have also always lived in israel.

would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.

how long you think i'd last standing at the border of belarus with missiles demanding my family land?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Disagree with it? How? You think it is antisemitism? How? Explain, provide some reasoning. You can disagree all you want, that's perfectly fine, but if you want to convince other people, or make your views look legitimate enough to be upheld, you gotta explain yourself.

What about the Palestinians? Is it okay for the Israelis to shove them around, because being antisemitic is worse than being anti-Palestinian?

where have the Palestinians been demanded to go? or suggested to go??

There was a WH press conference this AM. Thomas's seat was empty. She seems to be on a "time out" Making the apology circuit.

Let me see if I get this right. Any open criticism of Israels position or actions is anti-semetic? What about Israel's attack of a humanitarian ship?

Let me see if I get this right. Any open criticism of Israels position or actions is anti-semetic? What about Israel's attack of a humanitarian ship?

they didn't attack any humanitarian ship. where do you get that bs?

Gaza Strip and the West Bank, but the Israelis have the lovely tact of kicking them out, one neighborhood at a time.

You didn't answer my question. How is what Thomas said antisemitism? Anti-Israel comments aren't automatically antisemitic, I've proved that much.

Last night, Israeli commandos boarded a Turkish aid ship on its way to Gaza. It is reported that they killed ten to fifteen activists and injured thirty more.

The flotilla was attacked in international waters, 65km off the Gaza coast. Organizers said the flotilla was carrying 10,000 tones of humanitarian aid headed to Gaza challenging the Israeli blockade.

The Israeli Army Radio said soldiers opened fire "after confronting those on board carrying sharp objects". Israel says they offered to deliver the aid if the ships turned back.

The Free Gaza Movement, the organizers of the flotilla, however, said the troops opened fire as soon as they stormed the ships. They also said they were fully within international law delivering the aid directly to Gaza.

Turkey in a written statement condemned Israel over the deadly attacks: "This deplorable incident, which took place in open seas and constitutes a fragrant breach of international law, may lead to irreparable consequences in our bilateral relations," it said.

Turkey is a member of NATO and one of the few majority Muslim countries that has diplomatic relations with Israel. Although Israel has been a major supplier of arms to Turkey, diplomatic relations have been tense following the 2008-2009 Israel attack on Gaza.
Israeli Attack on Gaza Aid Ship Violates International Law | CommonDreams.org

Gaza Strip and the West Bank, but the Israelis have the lovely tact of kicking them out, one neighborhood at a time.

You didn't answer my question. How is what Thomas said antisemitism? Anti-Israel comments aren't automatically antisemitic, I've proved that much.

you fail. the Israeli people moved from Gaza.. din't bring the peace they hoped for either. there are still anti semetic idiots like you in the world persecuting them.

Last edited:
Last night, Israeli commandos boarded a Turkish aid ship on its way to Gaza. It is reported that they killed ten to fifteen activists and injured thirty more.

The flotilla was attacked in international waters, 65km off the Gaza coast. Organizers said the flotilla was carrying 10,000 tones of humanitarian aid headed to Gaza challenging the Israeli blockade.

The Israeli Army Radio said soldiers opened fire "after confronting those on board carrying sharp objects". Israel says they offered to deliver the aid if the ships turned back.

The Free Gaza Movement, the organizers of the flotilla, however, said the troops opened fire as soon as they stormed the ships. They also said they were fully within international law delivering the aid directly to Gaza.

Turkey in a written statement condemned Israel over the deadly attacks: "This deplorable incident, which took place in open seas and constitutes a fragrant breach of international law, may lead to irreparable consequences in our bilateral relations," it said.

Turkey is a member of NATO and one of the few majority Muslim countries that has diplomatic relations with Israel. Although Israel has been a major supplier of arms to Turkey, diplomatic relations have been tense following the 2008-2009 Israel attack on Gaza.
Israeli Attack on Gaza Aid Ship Violates International Law | CommonDreams.org

no attacks there. they defended themselves from an attack as far as I can tell.

Innocent people died bringing tons of humanitarian aid. But of course, we wouldn't want to criticise the Apartheid in Israel.

Forum List

Back