Helen Thomas should be fired

Turkey has a right to bring humanitarian aid into Gaza. Israel overreacted and innocent people died.

Last edited:
Turkey has a right to bring humanitarian aid into Gaza. Israel overreacted and innocent people died.

funny all the other ships complied and allowed a peaceful search. but not this ship.. you know this was pre planned and instigated don't you? :eusa_shhh: don't say a word just nod. save face.

Suffice it to say we see the event differently.

"Israel is guilty of shocking behavior by using deadly weapons against unarmed civilians on ships that were situated in the high seas where freedom of navigation exists, according to the law of the seas," said Richard Falk, U.N. special rapporteur.

Violence by Hamas must also be disavowed, and our government regularly does so. What is lacking is a courageous, honest official stance by the United States holding Israel accountable for its actions. To condemn indefensible policy and practice by the government of Israel is neither betrayal of an ally nor a position of hatred toward the nation of Israel or the Jewish Diaspora. Indeed, it is the position an honest ally must take in the struggle for critically needed resolution.
How much more evidence is needed -- and how many more innocent people must die or be injured -- before the United States officially recognizes that Israel will not deescalate its assault on Gaza without our insisting that it do so? The United States can stand as a courageous ally to the state of Israel by pressing for all aspects of the truth about this tragedy to come out.

Death on the Mavi Marmara does not have to become one more step backward in the struggle for a just and peaceful resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2010/06/07/ethorne/

Last edited:
Let me see if I get this right. Any open criticism of Israels position or actions is anti-semetic? What about Israel's attack of a humanitarian ship?

What Israel is doing is no different that what Kennedy done when he imposed a naval blockade to prevent Cuba from acquiring lethal weaponry.

Are you against our Coast Guard or custom agents inspecting ships that are entering US waters?

And why did they have night vision goggles on a vessel that was supposed to be full of humanitarian aid?

Why didn't they simply let the Israeli soldiers aboard to inspect the cargo?

You do realize that Israel has the right to protect itself.

Last night, Israeli commandos boarded a Turkish aid ship on its way to Gaza. It is reported that they killed ten to fifteen activists and injured thirty more.

The flotilla was attacked in international waters, 65km off the Gaza coast. Organizers said the flotilla was carrying 10,000 tones of humanitarian aid headed to Gaza challenging the Israeli blockade.

The Israeli Army Radio said soldiers opened fire "after confronting those on board carrying sharp objects". Israel says they offered to deliver the aid if the ships turned back.

The Free Gaza Movement, the organizers of the flotilla, however, said the troops opened fire as soon as they stormed the ships. They also said they were fully within international law delivering the aid directly to Gaza.

Turkey in a written statement condemned Israel over the deadly attacks: "This deplorable incident, which took place in open seas and constitutes a fragrant breach of international law, may lead to irreparable consequences in our bilateral relations," it said.

Turkey is a member of NATO and one of the few majority Muslim countries that has diplomatic relations with Israel. Although Israel has been a major supplier of arms to Turkey, diplomatic relations have been tense following the 2008-2009 Israel attack on Gaza.
Israeli Attack on Gaza Aid Ship Violates International Law | CommonDreams.org

Commondreams? Really?? HAHAAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Innocent people died bringing tons of humanitarian aid. But of course, we wouldn't want to criticise the Apartheid in Israel.

you aren't "innocent" if you take weapons away from soldiers and treat soldiers like pinata.

israel has a right to keep weapons out of gaza and away from hamas terrorists.

they are throwing rocks and deserve some cluster bombs, right Jill?

:rofl:

pinata! how DRAMATIC when jewish stormtroopers with military grade weapons were facing... uh... pipes and kitchen knives.

:lol:

:rolleyes:

:thup:

it's sad isn't it to be on the side who wants to obliterate an entire race of people. Don't you have trouble sleeping at night?

Isn't sad to put words in someone's mouth rather than debating the content of a post?

I'm in favor of a two state solution and an end to apartheid in Gaza.

crying antisemite is the godwins law of zionism. Really, they have nothing left to defend jewish racism with besides the accusation of hating jews who ironically hate non-jews.

go figure.

Hearst Corporation announces Thomas will retire effective immediately. Thomas acknowledges "I crossed the line."

That's good enough for me Helen. :clap2:

The UN Security Council gathered for an emergency session on Monday. Practically all its members condemned Israel’s actions with the peace flotilla, naming them “banditry and piracy, murder conducted by a state that has no excuses, no justification whatsoever.” In a formal statement the council also demanded the immediate release of ships and civilians held by Israel.

Russia’s spokesperson in the Council has particularly stressed that “the use of weapons against civilians and detaining vessels in the open sea without any legal grounds is a flagrant violation of universally recognized international regulations.
Israeli deadly assault on aid ships sparks worldwide outcry - RT Top Stories

where have the Palestinians been demanded to go? or suggested to go??

Gaza Strip and the West Bank, but the Israelis have the lovely tact of kicking them out, one neighborhood at a time.

You didn't answer my question. How is what Thomas said antisemitism? Anti-Israel comments aren't automatically antisemitic, I've proved that much.

you fail. the Israeli people moved from Gaza.. din't bring the peace they hoped for either. there are still anti semetic idiots like you in the world persecuting them.

Failure, really? Harp on one fact I might've gotten wrong and I failed? You, on the other hand, never any counterarguments to my points, you never supported your positions outside of "it is." You've just been sitting there calling people bigoted and antisemitic when not answering why they are when I or anyone else questions it.

I'll ask ask again: How is Helen Thomas or myself antisemitic? You saying she is is not an adequate response, just because she is anti-Israel is not an adequate response, show me where in her comments she said something that could be argued as antisemitic.

Let me see if I get this right. Any open criticism of Israels position or actions is anti-semetic? What about Israel's attack of a humanitarian ship?

No...you got it wrong. Antisemetism and bigotry are qualities unbecoming a reporter/columnist of her stature.

Israel has the right to defend itself and numerous overtures were made to the activists to let their ships be taken to neutral waters, boarded and inspected....but the "peaceniks" decided to create a showdown with Israeli commandos who were defending their right to block weapons being brought into Gaza.

Gaza Strip and the West Bank, but the Israelis have the lovely tact of kicking them out, one neighborhood at a time.

You didn't answer my question. How is what Thomas said antisemitism? Anti-Israel comments aren't automatically antisemitic, I've proved that much.

you fail. the Israeli people moved from Gaza.. din't bring the peace they hoped for either. there are still anti semetic idiots like you in the world persecuting them.

Failure, really? Harp on one fact I might've gotten wrong and I failed? You, on the other hand, never any counterarguments to my points, you never supported your positions outside of "it is." You've just been sitting there calling people bigoted and antisemitic when not answering why they are when I or anyone else questions it.

I'll ask ask again: How is Helen Thomas or myself antisemitic? You saying she is is not an adequate response, just because she is anti-Israel is not an adequate response, show me where in her comments she said something that could be argued as antisemitic.

been there done that, don't like it? sit on it and spin. her remarks were anti semetic and she knows it. so does the Hearst corporation.

it's sad isn't it to be on the side who wants to obliterate an entire race of people. Don't you have trouble sleeping at night?

Isn't sad to put words in someone's mouth rather than debating the content of a post?

I'm in favor of a two state solution and an end to apartheid in Gaza.

What apartheid is there in Gaza? The only people living there are palestinians.
Israel is also in favor of a two state solution and has proposed it many times. The Palestinians want a one state solution.
You need to have a basis in facts before you can form an intelligent opinion.

Forum List

Back