Heartwarming photo: Filipino child thanking IDF soldier

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
While the displaced people tried to collect the pieces of their life after the devastating Typhoon that struck and left hundreds of thousands homeless, an officer from the Israeli Home Front Command sent help to those working with the local community

Captain Assaf Diller, a company commander of the Israeli Home Front Command, reported from the field, describing the Israeli Delegations to the Philippines’ (IDP) work with survivors of Typhoon Haiyan. They stressed that the situation is bad, that the people are hungry and mostly don’t know how to help themselves.

Thanks to the work of the Israeli mission to the Philippines, 7 out of 20 classrooms ruined by Yolanda’s wrath in Bogo City Center have been restored and 350 students were able to return to school.

Captain Assaf Diller of IDF, experiences the gesture of a Filipino tradition, “MANO PO”.

A beautiful and meaningful Filipino gesture to express respect and thanks … usually given to Filipino elders … holding their hand, bowing slightly to allow their hand to touch the forehead.

943003_10152150485720572_426643895_n.jpg

------------------

6asmnhy.gif

Last edited:
If there are, I didn't see any.

God protect this innocent child and bring our brave and righteous soldiers safely back home to be with us on this blessed Chanukkah, Amen!

Our mosque is a member and sponsor of "Islamic Relief USA" . :cool:

Emergency shelter provisions for Bogo City and Leyte City in the Phillippines.

Some 15,000 individuals, who have been severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan, are receiving emergency shelter assistance. Families will receive tents and tarpaulins to help improve their current living conditions until they can return home.

More than 10,000 individuals in northern Cebu stand to benefit from temporary shelter kits that are being distributed. Each kit includes a a tarpaulin and rope, a ground sheet, a blanket, cooking utensils, tools (such as hammers, nails, saws), and a plastic toolbox. This will help provide shelter for at least two months while rebuilding takes place.

Philippines Humanitarian Aid ? Islamic Relief USA

Israel does nothing but bad things?

Like copy/pasting without giving a valid link? Israel News - Commander of the Israeli Delegation to the Philippines: ?An amazing mission with tremendous personal satisfaction? - JerusalemOnline

Like not making a personal comment in an OP (as per the rules)

Like not giving credit to the source of the Photo?
Captain Assaf Diller in the Philippines Photo Credit: IDF Spokespersons Office

If you want to do good deeds that is honorable, but blowing your own trumpet, is seen for what it is, PIsraeli propaganda

Last edited:
Cleaned thread, those who needed got a free pass.

"Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum. Additionally, all violations will be subject to action by an Admin/Mod. Action taken could range from a warning, to Infraction, to banning and will be at Admin/Mod discretion."

Want to make it personal? ....go to the Flame Zone

Well done Israel. You have shown the world again how you step up to the mark with humanitarian causes. I am very proud of you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDlWdqUwxac]IDF Aid Delegation Returns from the Philippines - YouTube[/ame]

Don't really care. Posters here try to twist every little thing Israel does in a bad way, but suddenly, when our soldiers do seriously good things, those will be the same people who yell this is nothing but propaganda.

Well those people can just **** off

:dunno:

Look at all the people who claim Islamic countries do nothing good.

Yet they do.

And folks like you ignore it.
They do overwhelmingly more harm than good, that's for sure. That's not even debatable.

They hardly help their own kind during disasters. Can't blame them. They're too busy figuring new and advanced ways to kill non Muslims. :cuckoo:

My sons ship is feeding the Filipinos 18,000 meals a day.

It's truly reaffirms my faith in humanity to see everyone coming together to help in relief efforts like this :) Folks complain about soldiers and the military, but this is the other side of what they do :)

Last time I checked, Philippines was in Asia, not the Middle east

I than the Idf, and all countries who have aided in this situation................

The Op started with Israel, and others have added other nations in their than s......Nothing wrong with the OP, as Israel is continually bashed in the world and on these boards................

So, showing some of the good they do is appropriate..............

BTW.........I need a new eyboard, the letter isn't wor ing.

The United States Navy is there.........Doing the job as well...........

I than them as well...........

Last edited by a moderator:
I than the Idf, and all countries who have aided in this situation................

The Op started with Israel, and others have added other nations in their than s......Nothing wrong with the OP, as Israel is continually bashed in the world and on these boards................

Whittle yerself a stout shillelagh and give the keyboard a solid whack. That'll straighten it out.

Whittle yerself a stout shillelagh and give the keyboard a solid whack. That'll straighten it out.

I was going to suggest he just vacuum out the cheeto crumbs :dunno:

More propaganda.

While the rest of the world continues to send money, aid and teams to assist with the ongoing and long term humanitarian relief efforts, the jews have already bugged out...the photo opportunities have been exhausted.

Nothing left to be gained in the Philippines for the jews.

Forum List

Back