Female IDF Soldier Fights Off 23 Terrorists After Being Shot

Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Tough chicks rule.
upload_2016-12-22_12-46-47.png

Captain Ben-Yehuda was in charge of the Caracal Battalion which was stationed near the Israeli / Egyptian border. Three suspicious vehicles quickly approached the battalion’s position and Captain Ben-Yehuda along with a driver went to check them out.

As they approached the first vehicle, nearly two dozen armed men opened fire on their position in an ambush attack. Both Captain Ben-Yehuda and her driver were immediately shot in the volley of gunfire.

Despite suffering from a gunshot wound, Captain Ben-Yehuda managed to get on the radio and call for backup, administer first aid to her driver and return several magazines worth of gunfire back at her attackers.

Backup, in the form of several vehicles full of IDF soldiers, arrived on scene, the wounded Captain commanded the responding soldiers and positioned her men to effectively fight back the terrorists.

At this point it was obvious the IDF was going to be able to push back the armed group, and medical personnel wanted to evacuate Captain Ben-Yehuda to treat her gunshot wounds. However, she was unwilling to leave the battlefield until all of the fighting was done.

For her actions and bravery, Captain Ben-Yehuda was awarded Israel’s highest honor, the Medal of Valor.

This Female IDF Soldier Fought Off 23 Terrorists in Surprise Attack

Tough chicks rule.
View attachment 103342

Captain Ben-Yehuda was in charge of the Caracal Battalion which was stationed near the Israeli / Egyptian border. Three suspicious vehicles quickly approached the battalion’s position and Captain Ben-Yehuda along with a driver went to check them out.

As they approached the first vehicle, nearly two dozen armed men opened fire on their position in an ambush attack. Both Captain Ben-Yehuda and her driver were immediately shot in the volley of gunfire.

Despite suffering from a gunshot wound, Captain Ben-Yehuda managed to get on the radio and call for backup, administer first aid to her driver and return several magazines worth of gunfire back at her attackers.

Backup, in the form of several vehicles full of IDF soldiers, arrived on scene, the wounded Captain commanded the responding soldiers and positioned her men to effectively fight back the terrorists.

At this point it was obvious the IDF was going to be able to push back the armed group, and medical personnel wanted to evacuate Captain Ben-Yehuda to treat her gunshot wounds. However, she was unwilling to leave the battlefield until all of the fighting was done.

For her actions and bravery, Captain Ben-Yehuda was awarded Israel’s highest honor, the Medal of Valor.

my kinda woman.lol:biggrin:

Last edited:
Tough chicks rule.
View attachment 103342

What a soldier! She's damned cute too!

Glad she was able to perform and survive as well as she did.

Maybe the people on that thread saying women can't be in combat because they are physically and mentally unable to perform well should read this thread.

Yes, women ARE effective in combat situations.

Guess you never were in the military, were you Odium? Just about every command I was at had custom made shirts, many of which reflected something the command had done that was noteworthy.

And while some of them are pretty cool (VFA-131 had some of the best tshirts of any command I served at), some of them can be pretty grim, and sometimes they can be downright crude and vile. You ought to see what some of the Marine Corps shirts say.

My favorite one was a picture of a native on a camel, lined up in a gunsight, and it said underneath "I'd fly 1000 miles to smoke a Camel". That one was printed right after we had fired a missile at Quaddafy back in 1989.

Maybe the people on that thread saying women can't be in combat because they are physically and mentally unable to perform well should read this thread.

This question was raised back in the mid-50s when the issue of Women Marines being excluded from combat line companies arose. The Marine Corps Commandant at that time, General Hague, sent two platoons of female recruits through the normal thirteen-week boot camp cycle at Parris Island and only four percent of those women got past the ninth week.

Hague concluded that while women are capable of performing efficiently and courageously under some conditions they are not capable of enduring the mental and physical rigors of sustained combat. At that time he issued an order that Women Marines would not be assigned to line companies. I don't know if that's been changed or not.

Back then Women Marines were trained in the use of infantry and light artillery weapons and basic infantry tactics. They were considered capable of performing proficiently under last resort circumstances.

This question was raised back in the mid-50s when the issue of Women Marines being excluded from combat line companies arose. The Marine Corps Commandant at that time, General Hague, sent two platoons of female recruits through the normal thirteen-week boot camp cycle at Parris Island and only four percent of those women got past the ninth week.

Hague concluded that while women are capable of performing efficiently and courageously under some conditions they are not capable of enduring the mental and physical rigors of sustained combat. At that time he issued an order that Women Marines would not be assigned to line companies. I don't know if that's been changed or not.

Back then Women Marines were trained in the use of infantry and light artillery weapons and basic infantry tactics. They were considered capable of performing proficiently under last resort circumstances.

Well, the women must have gotten tougher since then, because when I joined in 82, women were allowed on very few ships. After that, they started to slowly filter into forward deployed units, both support an combat, in the 90's, and by the time 2000 rolled around, they were on damn near every command we had.

Over that 20 years, I only ran into 2 women who stuck in my memory because they used their gender as a way to get out of physical work. Every other female I worked with did just as much as I did.

Matter of fact, some of the female pilots I met were better than some of the male pilots in the CAG.

Well, the women must have gotten tougher since then, because when I joined in 82, women were allowed on very few ships. After that, they started to slowly filter into forward deployed units, both support an combat, in the 90's, and by the time 2000 rolled around, they were on damn near every command we had.

Over that 20 years, I only ran into 2 women who stuck in my memory because they used their gender as a way to get out of physical work. Every other female I worked with did just as much as I did.

Matter of fact, some of the female pilots I met were better than some of the male pilots in the CAG.
Pilots, yes. I agree.

I have no doubt that women are just as capable at certain functions as men are -- but there is a big difference between flying a jet fighter and engaging in sustained infantry conditions. Women are not designed by Nature to tolerate that kind of mental and physical punishment week after week, month after month. They might want to, and do their best at it, but they are simply not built for it.

Pilots, yes. I agree.

I have no doubt that women are just as capable at certain functions as men are -- but there is a big difference between flying a jet fighter and engaging in sustained infantry conditions. Women are not designed by Nature to tolerate that kind of mental and physical punishment week after week, month after month. They might want to, and do their best at it, but they are simply not built for it.

There are a bunch of line dogs (people who are non designated that take care of the aircraft), as well as a bunch of Ordies (AO, Aviation Ordnanceman) that would strongly disagree with you. Those are two of the hardest jobs in aviation, and there are many women who perform their duties very well on deployments.

The flight deck of an aircraft carrier performing flight operations is one of the most dangerous acre and a half areas in the world.

Tough chicks rule.
View attachment 103342

Definitely a lot of eye candy in uniform over there. Makes the heart smile seeing them carrying around assault rifles.

upload_2016-12-23_8-32-16.png

It's apples and oranges between the US and Israel armed forces. Yes, women can do a good job in combat rolls. I have a good friend, a 23 year old gal who is busy jumping out of planes up at Fort Lewis.
But there is a factor between our two militaries that must be considered.
Israel is a tiny nation and requires a lot of military personnel. So every 18 year old is given a choice - 4 years in the police or 2 years in the military. I wish we did that, so much for kids to learn. But the major difference is wars in Israel will last at most a couple of months. Here in the US our soldiers and Marines are going in combat for a year, coming home for a few months, then going back to combat. This cycle is repeated over and over. Not many men are the same after a few tours, and I really don't see women holding up as well. It is not a put down on women, their DNA is different. Men have always been the warriors, women the nurturers. Both are needed for a society to function.

Tough chicks rule.
View attachment 103342

Definitely a lot of eye candy in uniform over there. Makes the heart smile seeing them carrying around assault rifles.

View attachment 103454

Yes indeed! Even on the beaches!

article-0-140A8B58000005DC-592_634x827.jpg
u6Lkppi.jpg

She does look like a tough babe. There are exceptions to every rule and I believe she is one.

I have no problem with women serving in combat units. The requirement though, is that they meet the same requirements as the men. A weak link is a weak link and they are not to be tolerated in a combat unit, male or female.

Forum List

Back