Healthcare winners and losers?

Link removed due to potential malware issues. CW

Profits have soared as the industry has consolidated.

Guess what party presided over the years when it consolidated and did nothing to keep the profits of 1000 plus increases ate up the care Americans could get?

When will you people stop protecting massive profits over the interest of the vast majority of the American people?

When oh When will you Ever Learn to check the DOCUMENTS before posting your drivel?

The combined profits of the biggest health insurerers are $9B - out of total health care spending of $2.5T economy wide. If you eliminate all profits, we we still have an incredibly expensive system.

Of course, I harbor no illusion that you will grok why that is.

Health care gains start soon ? bigger ones later - Health care reform- msnbc.com

Other reforms starting this year would prevent insurers from canceling the policies of people who get sick, from denying coverage to children with medical problems, and from putting lifetime dollar limits on a policy.

These changes will spread risks more broadly, but they're also likely to nudge insurance premiums somewhat higher.

Do you have health insurance? Not for much longer...:lol: You won't be getting any tax returns for the foreseeable future either....and since you'll be a deadbeat healthcare mom...the IRS will audit you also.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://hcfan.3cdn.net/dadd15782e627e5b75_g9m6isltl.pdf

Profits have soared as the industry has consolidated.

Guess what party presided over the years when it consolidated and did nothing to keep the profits of 1000 plus increases ate up the care Americans could get?

When will you people stop protecting massive profits over the interest of the vast majority of the American people?

When oh When will you Ever Learn to check the DOCUMENTS before posting your drivel?

The combined profits of the biggest health insurerers are $9B - out of total health care spending of $2.5T economy wide. If you eliminate all profits, we we still have an incredibly expensive system.

The increases in profits are shown in the charts to have exceded 1000% in some companies.

They were in business for decades before this, opperating and thriving as a business on 1000% less profit margins.

They can do so again and instead some of that profit margin will translate into more spent on care for the people who pay their premiums.

It is a simple fact and their own corporate history prove that they can prosper on a lower profit margin.

The increases in profits are shown in the charts to have exceded 1000% in some companies.

They were in business for decades before this, opperating and thriving as a business on 1000% less profit margins.

They can do so again and instead some of that profit margin will translate into more spent on care for the people who pay their premiums.

It is a simple fact and their own corporate history prove that they can prosper on a lower profit margin.

God, you're dumber'n a red brick.

You getting a clue yet? This could be a serious discussion without fuckwits like you.

Those charted profits of 1000%+ increases in profits came at the expense of people being dropped , refused care and pricing out of individuals to aford their product.

It time they act like human beings running a company instead of heartless money grubbing assholes who would let a child die to increas the profit margin by 00000000.1 %.

Those charted profits of 1000%+ increases in profits came at the expense of people being dropped , refused care and pricing out of individuals to aford their product.

It time they act like human beings running a company instead of heartless money grubbing assholes who would let a child die to increas the profit margin by 00000000.1 %.

In other words, you have have nothing but your dreamworld imagination to back up your assertions ....:eusa_whistle:

It's a shame mommy and daddy let you use their computer ..

1,000% profit margins?

Please provide documents for this. I've never seen the profits of a company exceed their revenues by 900%.

I found some interesting winners :evil:

Guess who is exempt from ObamaCARE? The Senior Staff Who Wrote the Bill! : Fire Andrea Mitchell!

New Ledger discovered this part of the ObamaCARE bill that many might have either overlooked, or just not noticed. Based on the language found in the bill it appears from the way this language is written that those considered “congressional staffers”, such as those working and paid under the committee structure (such as those working for Chairman Henry Waxman) or those working on leadership staff (such as those working for Speaker Nancy Pelosi) would be exempt from ObamaCARE’s requirements!
(ii) DEFINITIONS- In this section:
(I) MEMBER OF CONGRESS- The term `Member of Congress’ means any member of the House of Representatives or the Senate.
(II) CONGRESSIONAL STAFF- The term `congressional staff’ means all full-time and part-time employees employed by the official office of a Member of Congress, whether in Washington, DC or outside of Washington, DC.
According to the Congressional Research Service, this definition of staff will only apply to those staffers employed within a member’s “personal office” — meaning that it will absolutely not apply to committee staff members, and may not apply to leadership staff.

From US News, August 2009

Overall, the profit margin for health insurance companies was a modest 3.4 percent over the past year, according to data provided by Morningstar. That ranks 87th out of 215 [COLOR=#005497 !important][COLOR=#005497 !important]industries[/color][/color] and slightly above the median of 2.2 percent. By this measure, the most profitable industry over the past year has been beverages, with a 25.9 percent profit margin...

Why Health Insurers Make Lousy Villains - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

How can an insurer make money when it can no longer decide which risks to accept and which to reject? Or when premiuim is capped? How can it even remain in business?

Overall, the profit margin for health insurance companies was a modest 3.4 percent over the past year, according to data provided by Morningstar. That ranks 87th out of 215 [COLOR=#005497 !important][COLOR=#005497 !important]industries[/color][/color] and slightly above the median of 2.2 percent. By this measure, the most profitable industry over the past year has been beverages, with a 25.9 percent profit margin...

How can an insurer make money when it can no longer decide which risks to accept and which to reject? Or when premiuim is capped? How can it even remain in business?

No no no...say it ain't so...I saw truth's link after all the viruses were removed...it said the insurance companies profits were a gazillion percent!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

No no no...say it ain't so...I saw truth's link after all the viruses were removed...it said the insurance companies profits were a gazillion percent!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice too that his business model is founded upon rejecting insureds. Tons o' money there!

The bureaucracy the government will build around it.

Omg, you read my mind.

I was thinking about how this is going to affect ME, in my job. The thing I'm most dreading is the fact that my health care insurance will be taxed, so I'll have to shell out an extra $200 or more a month from my already MEASLY paycheck.

Also, we're in a salary freeze. I didn't get a raise last year, I won't get one this year. Management have taken even bigger hits....they have forced, non-paid furlough days which effectively reduce their income. That particular bomb missed me....my salary is so low I only have to take 2 forced furlough days in the next year or so, and it ends up not costing me anything.

So I'm thinking crap, I don't think I can get by on $200 a month less..though I know all this is theoretical and not likely (I hope????) to take effect immediately. And I think, what is a growth industry now?

THE IRS. The IRS is a HUGE growth industry. I'm going to fucking apply now. By the time all this shit hits I'll be 2 or 3 steps up with a comfortable retirement account and a hike in pay.

And hopefully I won't get audited if I work in the IRS. Unlike all you unlucky fucktards. You're going to get the shit audited out of you. And the IRS will determine HOW MUCH COVERAGE YOU NEED TO HAVE BEFORE THEY CAN DING YOU. If they don't like you're coverage, guess what? No tax return!

Tax returns are a thing of the past, methinks. They were nice while they lasted.

Yeah, that's what the elitists don't get because they don't care. THEY are taken care of so fuck us. If you are just making it, you just went into the red. People are defaulting right and left and the Dems with their "Big Brother" mentality just fucked us with no lube.

Fuck the IRS. A government-sponsored terrorist organization.:eusa_eh:

I hate the IRS.
But I will feed my kids and send them to college. If that means I get a job with the IRS so be it.

I mentioned this to our Physician's Assistant today and he said, "Yeah, I'm looking at Walmart."

In other words, our low-cost, local medical provider is thinking about moving out of the area. We're screwed.

I found some interesting winners :evil:

Guess who is exempt from ObamaCARE? The Senior Staff Who Wrote the Bill! : Fire Andrea Mitchell!

New Ledger discovered this part of the ObamaCARE bill that many might have either overlooked, or just not noticed. Based on the language found in the bill it appears from the way this language is written that those considered “congressional staffers”, such as those working and paid under the committee structure (such as those working for Chairman Henry Waxman) or those working on leadership staff (such as those working for Speaker Nancy Pelosi) would be exempt from ObamaCARE’s requirements!
(ii) DEFINITIONS- In this section:
(I) MEMBER OF CONGRESS- The term `Member of Congress’ means any member of the House of Representatives or the Senate.
(II) CONGRESSIONAL STAFF- The term `congressional staff’ means all full-time and part-time employees employed by the official office of a Member of Congress, whether in Washington, DC or outside of Washington, DC.
According to the Congressional Research Service, this definition of staff will only apply to those staffers employed within a member’s “personal office” — meaning that it will absolutely not apply to committee staff members, and may not apply to leadership staff.

EXACTLY.

I was checking out IRS jobs.

Guess who gets special tax status?

IRS workers! Woo hoo!

My earned income tax credits are already in jeopardy, thanks.

Besides, why would I give up anything? Is that what you pigs are going to take next?

Forum List

Back