Health Nazis and Outdoor Smoking Ban

Or you could stay home and breathe whatever you think is allegedly clean" air, pissantbert. :eusa_eh:

Secondhand Smoke: Questions and Answers - National Cancer Institute

Yes. Of the more than 4,000 chemicals that have been identified in secondhand tobacco smoke, at least 250 are known to be harmful, and 50 of these are known to cause cancer. These chemicals include (1):

arsenic (a heavy metal toxin)
benzene (a chemical found in gasoline)
beryllium (a toxic metal)
cadmium (a metal used in batteries)
chromium (a metallic element)
ethylene oxide (a chemical used to sterilize medical devices)
nickel (a metallic element)
polonium–210 (a chemical element that gives off radiation)
vinyl chloride (a toxic substance used in plastics manufacture)
Many factors affect which chemicals are found in secondhand smoke, including the type of tobacco, the chemicals added to the tobacco, the way the product is smoked, and the paper in which the tobacco is wrapped (1, 3, 4).

Does exposure to secondhand smoke cause cancer?
Yes. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP), the U.S. Surgeon General, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) have classified secondhand smoke as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing agent) (1, 3, 5).

Inhaling secondhand smoke causes lung cancer in nonsmoking adults (4). Approximately 3,000 lung cancer deaths occur each year among adult nonsmokers in the United States as a result of exposure to secondhand smoke (2). The Surgeon General estimates that living with a smoker increases a nonsmoker’s chances of developing lung cancer by 20 to 30 percent (4).

Some research suggests that secondhand smoke may increase the risk of breast cancer, nasal sinus cavity cancer, and nasopharyngeal cancer in adults, and leukemia, lymphoma, and brain tumors in children (4). Additional research is needed to learn whether a link exists between secondhand smoke exposure and these cancers.

I assume in this case if I took a giant machine that could emit all of these things, you wouldn't mind me blowing it into your face constantly at a local park? :eusa_think:

Brought out the lying propaganda, did you Goebbels? You're such a leftwing fuckwit Mr Moderate it ain't funny.:lol:

Dude wants to ban smoking *outside*. That's not very middle of the road where I come from.

Really? I do? Mind pointing out to me where I said that? :eusa_think:

You mean "stay home and pollute your own lungs" doesn't meet the qualification of "do things my way"? How silly of me.

If ever there's a USMB "party", and I get wind that you and Anguille are there, I WILL take up smoking again - guaranteed. :D

Translation: she said shut the fuck up, young 'un before she kicks your spindly little ass ...

Questions?

Yes, I have a question.

Where did I say I wanted to ban smoking outside in general? Or just about anything Dis has characterized me as? :eusa_think:

You mean "stay home and pollute your own lungs" doesn't meet the qualification of "do things my way"? How silly of me.

If ever there's a USMB "party", and I get wind that you and Anguille are there, I WILL take up smoking again - guaranteed. :D

It meets the same qualification that Gunny's statement made. Don't see you saying anything to him about it. I was offering up the other choice.

Go ahead and smoke. But if you want to characterize my position, at least do so correctly. I never said I wanted to ban smoking outside.

Trust me, I'm not. What makes your version of "freedom" any better than say... MY version of freedom?

If you weren't talking to Dogbert, but some other liberal, I'd say the fact that their version is farther left than your version which in their mind means that their version is the only version that counts, but you are talking about Dogbert and from my experience when it comes to lefties, he's one of the more amiable lefties and a little more middle of the road.

And who knows, as young as he is, early 20's I think, he might even be downright conservative by the time he finishes growing up. :rofl:

Immie

Dude wants to ban smoking *outside*. That's not very middle of the road where I come from.

Nobody's perfect... take me for example... I want to repeal Obamacare BEFORE it becomes the disaster it is steamrolling itself to becoming. Oh wait... maybe that is not a good example. :D

Immie

By allotment, are you referring to building a smoking building?

Because if smokers are allowed to smoke anywhere that they want, then some sort of allotment should be made for asthmatics and those who are allergic to cigarette smoke.

I think designated smoking areas would take care of the issue. If you don't smoke, keep away from the designated smoking areas; 50 feet ought to do it, that way your lungs will only be subject to what the rest of us are subject to.

The biggest joke is you can sit off the coast of CA on a ship and see this big orangish turd of smoke following I-5 all the way up the coast where all those leftwingnut progressive morons drive their Mercedes and Beemers to work.

Yet the in denial twits want to blame a cigarette ....:cuckoo:
I remember the first time I traveled west to LA with a delivery some 25 years ago, crossed the mountains, and beheld the huge rust colored dome over the city; I distinctly remember saying to myself, and I gotta breath that shit? :disbelief:

Sorry Dulbert, but when you talk like a child, you get treated like a child.

Except the only one of us here who has acted like a child is yourself.

In other words you're the leftwingnut fucktard I've always said you are. Good thing you got a club. It won't help you with me though, pissant. Bring your club and watch which orifice it gets stuffed in.:eusa_eh:

Brought out the lying propaganda, did you Goebbels? You're such a leftwing fuckwit Mr Moderate it ain't funny.:lol:

Lying propaganda? :eusa_eh:

Might want to tell all the families of those who died due to complications because of secondhand smoke that's it all just a lie. :eusa_think:

Nobody's perfect... take me for example... I want to repeal Obamacare BEFORE it becomes the disaster it is steamrolling itself to becoming. Oh wait... maybe that is not a good example. :D

Immie

Except the position that Dis has characterized as me having is not true.

Reporting from Sacramento - State lawmakers adopted one of the nation's most far-reaching regulations of tobacco use Monday, approving a bill to outlaw smoking at 278 state parks and beaches.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has not said publicly whether he will sign the measure, which would allow a fine of up to $100 for smoking at a state beach or in a designated section of a state park.

Assembly approves smoking ban at state parks and beaches - latimes.com

Here we go...

Do you live in California?

It meets the same qualification that Gunny's statement made. Don't see you saying anything to him about it. I was offering up the other choice.

Go ahead and smoke. But if you want to characterize my position, at least do so correctly. I never said I wanted to ban smoking outside.

The ability to smoke during a movie has been banned. The ability to smoke while shopping has been banned. The ability to smoke while drinking is fast *becoming* banned. The ability to smoke in ones own apartment is fast *becoming* banned. Your little quip about not smoking in parks is likely going to become a fast reality at some point.. You see no problem with yet another freedom being stripped away?

Each year, some assclown has to go out of his/her way to make sure one more freedom gets knocked out of the ballpark.

It's horseshit.

Really? I do? Mind pointing out to me where I said that? :eusa_think:

If Anguille's there, I damn well will take it up for the night as well!!

I'll probably be greener than seaweed and sicker than a dog but I am damn well gonna smoke three packs right in front of her. :D

Immie

In other words you're the leftwingnut fucktard I've always said you are. Good thing you got a club. It won't help you with me though, pissant. Bring your club and watch which orifice it gets stuffed in.:eusa_eh:

Not quite Gunny. I'm trying to have a legitimate discussion. In return, I'm getting names and mischaracterizations.

You can tone down the internet tough guy act though Gunny, I'm not going to yell eep and hide under a rock.

$iXPNO.jpg

Forum List

Back