Health Nazis and Outdoor Smoking Ban

A point lost on the fags in this crow, no doubt.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to wear pants, Dis. Only sundresses. Where's my representative to legislate that ....:eusa_whistle:

Dishonest comparisons don't cut it. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously? Pull the stick out of your ass, loosen the top button of your lil alligator shirt, and take a joke.

You're a progressive fuckwit. End of story.

Nice strawman. Did it ever occur to your punk ass I am in real life the same as I am on this board? No, it doesn't cuz you ain't that bright. You just think you are.

You think I'm Progressive? :rofl:

Oh my god, that's rich. I can only imagine your definition of Liberal then.

Strawman? I don't care if you are the same in real life as you are here. I'm sure you are. However, calling me a pissant doesn't do anything.

Seriously? Pull the stick out of your ass, loosen the top button of your lil alligator shirt, and take a joke.

:lol: So says the people crowing to me when I was making jokes originally.

I would recommend you take your own advice. ;)

Well, I have had the impression that you are playing "devil's advocate" here. You're comments earlier about smokers staying home and the likes have made it appear that you are taking that side of things.

But, I was not getting the impression that your heart was in it unlike Anguille's a couple of month's ago.

Immie

To an extent, I am playing devil's advocate if you look at the last long post I just made.

I made the smokers staying home comment in response to Gunny saying the nonsmokers should stay home. Yet nobody called him out about it. That's why I said that in response.

Just because we have freedoms in this country does not give us the right to violate the freedoms and rights of others.

I know people who were both family and non-family that have died due to smoking, nobody is going to sit here and tell me that it doesn't play a role.

But at the same time, I'm not about to say that people don't have a right to smoke. However, people should have no right to endanger others.

This is getting a bit too personal for me... my dad died on June 12th of last year, of lung cancer. He was a life long smoker well since he was a young teen anyway. In fact, both my parents have smoked all my life.

Yet, I still get angry when liberals decide it is perfectly acceptable to take the rights of smokers away from them. Just one more governmental intrusion into our lives. Today it is smokers... tomorrow it will be people who eat fast food (we're getting a little too close to me now) and the day after it will be Ice Cream!!! Now just stop right there you hit where it hurts.

Immie

Luckily, you lose that image until you get south of Pt. Mugu.

Ummm ... no? You can clearly see it all the way from Pt Mugu to San Diego.

Actually it got better over the years. Last time I drove PCH you didn't really see the haze until you rounded Malibu and headed in to Santa Monica.

I was further south. San Diego to San Onofre and it wasn't "better".

The ability to smoke during a movie has been banned. The ability to smoke while shopping has been banned. The ability to smoke while drinking is fast *becoming* banned. The ability to smoke in ones own apartment is fast *becoming* banned. Your little quip about not smoking in parks is likely going to become a fast reality at some point.. You see no problem with yet another freedom being stripped away?

Each year, some assclown has to go out of his/her way to make sure one more freedom gets knocked out of the ballpark.

It's horseshit.

A point lost on the fags in this crow, no doubt.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to wear pants, Dis. Only sundresses. Where's my representative to legislate that ....:eusa_whistle:

Good thing it was almost 70 degrees out today, and I didn't break the law. :eusa_whistle:

I'd hate to see the fine for pants...

:lol:

Really? I do? Mind pointing out to me where I said that? :eusa_think:

You mean "stay home and pollute your own lungs" doesn't meet the qualification of "do things my way"? How silly of me.

If ever there's a USMB "party", and I get wind that you and Anguille are there, I WILL take up smoking again - guaranteed. :D

Fuck ,, I'm buying a box of cigars and I don't even like them.:eusa_angel:

Nor does Bill Clinton. :eusa_whistle:

Well, I have had the impression that you are playing "devil's advocate" here. You're comments earlier about smokers staying home and the likes have made it appear that you are taking that side of things.

But, I was not getting the impression that your heart was in it unlike Anguille's a couple of month's ago.

Immie

To an extent, I am playing devil's advocate if you look at the last long post I just made.

I made the smokers staying home comment in response to Gunny saying the nonsmokers should stay home. Yet nobody called him out about it. That's why I said that in response.

Just because we have freedoms in this country does not give us the right to violate the freedoms and rights of others.

I know people who were both family and non-family that have died due to smoking, nobody is going to sit here and tell me that it doesn't play a role.

But at the same time, I'm not about to say that people don't have a right to smoke. However, people should have no right to endanger others.

This is getting a bit too personal for me... my dad died on June 12th of last year, of lung cancer. He was a life long smoker well since he was a young teen anyway. In fact, both my parents have smoked all my life.

Yet, I still get angry when liberals decide it is perfectly acceptable to take the rights of smokers away from them. Just one more governmental intrusion into our lives. Today it is smokers... tomorrow it will be people who eat fast food (we're getting a little too close to me now) and the day after it will be Ice Cream!!! Now just stop right there you hit where it hurts.

Immie

Ice cream? Just wait til they ban cheesecake, and steak. Then we're all fucked. :(

By allotment, are you referring to building a smoking building?

Because if smokers are allowed to smoke anywhere that they want, then some sort of allotment should be made for asthmatics and those who are allergic to cigarette smoke.

Aren't buses allowed to mass transit wherever they want? Aren't stupid leftwingers allowed to open their carbon dioxide flapping gums wherever they want?

You don't have a point. Except the aforementioned one on your head.:eusa_eh:

He'd be the very first one so suck heavily on a marijuana cigarette too, as are the other libtards who want to ban smokers.. thank me later! :eusa_angel:

I have never, nor will I ever, smoke marijuana. But I have no problem with anyone smoking either, as long as they smoke in the comfort of their own home and property.

Immie

Sorry to hear about your dad. Like I said before, I would not take the rights of smokers away from them. However, you can't call it governmental intrusion in certain situations.

I feel you should have a right to smoke as long as you're not endangering others by doing so. I definitely feel that private businesses should have the right to let their customers smoke and that you should be able to smoke in the privacy of your own home.

I'm making the same argument here that I would about people who drink and drive. People who drink, that's fine. People who drive, that's fine. However, when anyone gets behind the wheel of a vehicle that is enough to be over the legal limit, you are not only now endangering yourself but the other drivers on the road and anyone in your way.

Which is why the Libertarian argument would be things like DUI should stay illegal. Some may say, "well, it's government intrusion that the government is trying to dictate how I drive." When in reality, the government has a responsibility to to make such laws in order to protect others. May it be local, state, or federal.

Last edited:
Your position is dictating choice. Tell me where THAT fits into the Constitution, formula-on-his-lips-bert.:eusa_eh:

As is your position. Tell me in the Constitution where you have a right to violate the rights of others?

I'm not violating anyone's rights. You have thew right to stay the fuck home. Oh, but you can pickle your liver, kill someone in a 1 ton missile doing 70 and that's all legal but HEAVEN FUCKING FORBID you inhale cigarette smoke.

STFU, little boy, huh?:cuckoo:

Immie

Ice cream? Just wait til they ban cheesecake, and steak. Then we're all fucked. :(

Now, I would be willing to ban cheesecake! :lol: Yuck!!

Immie

You're a progressive fuckwit. End of story.

Nice strawman. Did it ever occur to your punk ass I am in real life the same as I am on this board? No, it doesn't cuz you ain't that bright. You just think you are.

You think I'm Progressive? :rofl:

Oh my god, that's rich. I can only imagine your definition of Liberal then.

Strawman? I don't care if you are the same in real life as you are here. I'm sure you are. However, calling me a pissant doesn't do anything.

*yawn*

Want to try again, strwamanbert?

Immie

Now, I would be willing to ban cheesecake! :lol: Yuck!!

Immie

:mad: Blasphemy! :evil:

Forum List

Back