Health Nazis and Outdoor Smoking Ban

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Reporting from Sacramento - State lawmakers adopted one of the nation's most far-reaching regulations of tobacco use Monday, approving a bill to outlaw smoking at 278 state parks and beaches.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has not said publicly whether he will sign the measure, which would allow a fine of up to $100 for smoking at a state beach or in a designated section of a state park.

Assembly approves smoking ban at state parks and beaches - latimes.com

Here we go...

Reporting from Sacramento - State lawmakers adopted one of the nation's most far-reaching regulations of tobacco use Monday, approving a bill to outlaw smoking at 278 state parks and beaches.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has not said publicly whether he will sign the measure, which would allow a fine of up to $100 for smoking at a state beach or in a designated section of a state park.

Here we go...

With ObamaCare, the next thing will be that you ccan't smoke in your own home... but if you do you will pay a fine.

California snack tax may be next. Or a fast food tax. Or maybe an "Unhealthy life choice" tax. I think the last one is more up Ca's ally....it promises to encompass everything they can possibly tax as an excuse of saving ourselves from our own personal decisions

Of course the "unhealthy life choice tax" won't include drugs and unprotected gay sex. That would be exempt under the "just because we said so" clause of the new nanny constitution.

Here we go...

I phear the phuckers have run amuckers! :eusa_angel:

Here we go...

With ObamaCare, the next thing will be that you ccan't smoke in your own home... but if you do you will pay a fine.

but you can shit in the streets of san fran. :eusa_angel:

I don't smoke but I think this is pathetic. Any one remember the days when Americans were free?

*Hums the Beatles 'Revolution' quietly to herself*

Here we go...

Tell me what your problem is with smoking bans in public places?

Is your problem that people's God-given right to smoke might be infringed upon?

Last edited:
The bill is unconstitutional. The state parks and the National parks are for everyone. Allocations must be made so that all can enjoy the parks. If allotments can be made for for snowmobiler's, allotments can be made for smokers. For the record, I am a nonsmoker. :neutral:

Here's my problem: "The Democratic majority, however, argued that the ban was justified because of the health risks "

Banning outdoor smoking in stadiums where you are forced to sit next to someone is one thing...they can't prove this ban will help anything. It BS govenrnment control. Where does it end?

The bill is unconstitutional. The state parks and the National parks are for everyone. Allocations must be made so that all can enjoy the parks. If allotments can be made for for snowmobiler's, allotments can be made for smokers. For the record, I am a nonsmoker. :neutral:

By allotment, are you referring to building a smoking building?

Because if smokers are allowed to smoke anywhere that they want, then some sort of allotment should be made for asthmatics and those who are allergic to cigarette smoke.

Like the cops aren't busy enough, now they're going to have to look out for smokers?

What bullshit.

And no, I don't smoke.

But on the other hand, nobody wants to look at a bunch of cigarette butts and empty packs on the ground either.

Last edited:

Here we go...

Fuck them. Obama's taught them they can dictate in true fascist order.

Here's my problem: "The Democratic majority, however, argued that the ban was justified because of the health risks "

Banning outdoor smoking in stadiums where you are forced to sit next to someone is one thing...they can't prove this ban will help anything. It BS govenrnment control. Where does it end?

So that means that when I go to a California State Park, I just have to suck it up and deal with wheezing, shortness of breath, and itchy eyes because I am surrounded by smokers?

Of course the "unhealthy life choice tax" won't include drugs and unprotected gay sex. That would be exempt under the "just because we said so" clause of the new nanny constitution.
True...the only "Freedoms" liberals recognize

Hmmm...

Here's a question, isn't ALL unprotected sex dangerous in some ways? Or are we all just going back to the 80s when we thought only homos could catch the "gay flu".:lol:

Being that I'm not a liberal or a conservative... I believe you should be able to do whatever the Hell you want. Hence, to me the bill is bullshit.

OHH!! And FYI to you both the "War on Drugs" as well as these bullshit regulations on just about everything else is pivotal to the "nanny state"... don't ya know?

By allotment, are you referring to building a smoking building?

Because if smokers are allowed to smoke anywhere that they want, then some sort of allotment should be made for asthmatics and those who are allergic to cigarette smoke.

I think designated smoking areas would take care of the issue. If you don't smoke, keep away from the designated smoking areas; 50 feet ought to do it, that way your lungs will only be subject to what the rest of us are subject to.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back