Health Nazis and Outdoor Smoking Ban

Dude wants to ban smoking *outside*. That's not very middle of the road where I come from.

Really? I do? Mind pointing out to me where I said that? :eusa_think:

You mean "stay home and pollute your own lungs" doesn't meet the qualification of "do things my way"? How silly of me.

If ever there's a USMB "party", and I get wind that you and Anguille are there, I WILL take up smoking again - guaranteed. :D

Fuck ,, I'm buying a box of cigars and I don't even like them.:eusa_angel:

You mean "stay home and pollute your own lungs" doesn't meet the qualification of "do things my way"? How silly of me.

If ever there's a USMB "party", and I get wind that you and Anguille are there, I WILL take up smoking again - guaranteed. :D

If Anguille's there, I damn well will take it up for the night as well!!

I'll probably be greener than seaweed and sicker than a dog but I am damn well gonna smoke three packs right in front of her. :D

Immie

:thup: And 4 at once, too boot. I'll bring the lighters! Hell, I'll even tolerate cigar smoke, even tho it makes me gag.

Fuck ,, I'm buying a box of cigars and I don't even like them.:eusa_angel:

LMAO! See post below yours. :thup:

Nobody's perfect... take me for example... I want to repeal Obamacare BEFORE it becomes the disaster it is steamrolling itself to becoming. Oh wait... maybe that is not a good example. :D

Immie

Except the position that Dis has characterized as me having is not true.

Well, I have had the impression that you are playing "devil's advocate" here. You're comments earlier about smokers staying home and the likes have made it appear that you are taking that side of things.

But, I was not getting the impression that your heart was in it unlike Anguille's a couple of month's ago.

Immie

Translation: she said shut the fuck up, young 'un before she kicks your spindly little ass ...

Questions?

Yes, I have a question.

Where did I say I wanted to ban smoking outside in general? Or just about anything Dis has characterized me as? :eusa_think:

Outside what? Shut up, whiner. I'd hold you down while she beat you except I don't need to. And DON'T think my money's on you.:lol:

It meets the same qualification that Gunny's statement made. Don't see you saying anything to him about it. I was offering up the other choice.

Go ahead and smoke. But if you want to characterize my position, at least do so correctly. I never said I wanted to ban smoking outside.

Your position is dictating choice. Tell me where THAT fits into the Constitution, formula-on-his-lips-bert.:eusa_eh:

It meets the same qualification that Gunny's statement made. Don't see you saying anything to him about it. I was offering up the other choice.

Go ahead and smoke. But if you want to characterize my position, at least do so correctly. I never said I wanted to ban smoking outside.

The ability to smoke during a movie has been banned. The ability to smoke while shopping has been banned. The ability to smoke while drinking is fast *becoming* banned. The ability to smoke in ones own apartment is fast *becoming* banned. Your little quip about not smoking in parks is likely going to become a fast reality at some point.. You see no problem with yet another freedom being stripped away?

Each year, some assclown has to go out of his/her way to make sure one more freedom gets knocked out of the ballpark.

It's horseshit.

If only it were ONE a year! We might still have a few freedoms by the time Obama leaves office.

Immie

The ability to smoke during a movie has been banned. The ability to smoke while shopping has been banned. The ability to smoke while drinking is fast *becoming* banned. The ability to smoke in ones own apartment is fast *becoming* banned. Your little quip about not smoking in parks is likely going to become a fast reality at some point.. You see no problem with yet another freedom being stripped away?

Each year, some assclown has to go out of his/her way to make sure one more freedom gets knocked out of the ballpark.

It's horseshit.

As someone who has grown up with a parent who is a smoker, do not try and sit there bullshitting me that when someone is smoking around you that it is not a distraction. While you harp on about your rights and your freedoms, you seem to not care about violating the freedom of others with your inconsiderate behavior.

Do I think you should be able to smoke in your own apartment? Hell yes.

Do I think you should be able to smoke in bars? Hell yes.

Do I think you should be able to smoke in open areas where it does not disturb others? Hell yes.

Do I think you should be allowed to smoke in a movie theater where everyone is packed together? No.

While you and Gunny may think secondhand smoke statistics are propaganda, I'll be sitting here in reality. The fact is this:

Smoking kills, secondhand smoke kills.

Ever wonder why they call Marlboro cigarettes "cowboy killers"? Because three of the men who have appeared as the "Marlboro Man" have died of lung cancer. In fact, one man, Wayne McLaren testified in favor of anti-smoking legislation. You know what happened then? Philip Morris had the balls to say that he never appeared in an ad. Of course, Philip Morris was proven wrong.

It's horseshit.

If only it were ONE a year! We might still have a few freedoms by the time Obama leaves office.

Immie

No worries. Dude ain't getting a second term. Tho, the flip side of that, is we'll only have Tweedle Dum, Tweedle Dee, and Tweedle Dumber to choose from. :(

I think designated smoking areas would take care of the issue. If you don't smoke, keep away from the designated smoking areas; 50 feet ought to do it, that way your lungs will only be subject to what the rest of us are subject to.

The biggest joke is you can sit off the coast of CA on a ship and see this big orangish turd of smoke following I-5 all the way up the coast where all those leftwingnut progressive morons drive their Mercedes and Beemers to work.

Yet the in denial twits want to blame a cigarette ....:cuckoo:
I remember the first time I traveled west to LA with a delivery some 25 years ago, crossed the mountains, and beheld the huge rust colored dome over the city; I distinctly remember saying to myself, and I gotta breath that shit? :disbelief:

Uh huh. But it's the cigarette that'll kill you ...; dontcha know?:cuckoo:

It's horseshit.

As someone who has grown up with a parent who is a smoker, do not try and sit there bullshitting me that when someone is smoking around you that it is not a distraction. While you harp on about your rights and your freedoms, you seem to not care about violating the freedom of others with your inconsiderate behavior.

Do I think you should be able to smoke in your own apartment? Hell yes.

Do I think you should be able to smoke in bars? Hell yes.

Do I think you should be able to smoke in open areas where it does not disturb others? Hell yes.

Do I think you should be allowed to smoke in a movie theater where everyone is packed together? No.

While you and Gunny may think secondhand smoke statistics are propaganda, I'll be sitting here in reality. The fact is this:

Smoking kills, secondhand smoke kills.

Ever wonder why they call Marlboro cigarettes "cowboy killers"? Because three of the men who have appeared as the "Marlboro Man" have died of lung cancer. In fact, one man, Wayne McLaren testified in favor of anti-smoking legislation. You know what happened then? Philip Morris had the balls to say that he never appeared in an ad. Of course, Philip Morris was proven wrong.

A "distraction"? Seriously? Dude. Grow the fuck up. Half a dozen little kids running around screaming, while their parents sit their fat ass on a phone drinking a 40 in a paper bag is a distraction.

If the worst you have to complain about is a parent that smokes, in all of your grown up years on this planet, trust me, you've got it made.

Well, I have had the impression that you are playing "devil's advocate" here. You're comments earlier about smokers staying home and the likes have made it appear that you are taking that side of things.

But, I was not getting the impression that your heart was in it unlike Anguille's a couple of month's ago.

Immie

To an extent, I am playing devil's advocate if you look at the last long post I just made.

I made the smokers staying home comment in response to Gunny saying the nonsmokers should stay home. Yet nobody called him out about it. That's why I said that in response.

Just because we have freedoms in this country does not give us the right to violate the freedoms and rights of others.

I know people who were both family and non-family that have died due to smoking, nobody is going to sit here and tell me that it doesn't play a role.

But at the same time, I'm not about to say that people don't have a right to smoke. However, people should have no right to endanger others.

I love it when driving south towards La outta Santa Barbara.. about 20 miles out you can see the huge red dome of pollution hovering over LA.. and they want to bitch about smokers.. it's hilarious.

Luckily, you lose that image until you get south of Pt. Mugu.

Ummm ... no? You can clearly see it all the way from Pt Mugu to San Diego.

Actually it got better over the years. Last time I drove PCH you didn't really see the haze until you rounded Malibu and headed in to Santa Monica.

It's horseshit.

A point lost on the fags in this crow, no doubt.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to wear pants, Dis. Only sundresses. Where's my representative to legislate that ....:eusa_whistle:

A "distraction"? Seriously? Dude. Grow the fuck up. Half a dozen little kids running around screaming, while their parents sit their fat ass on a phone drinking a 40 in a paper bag is a distraction.

If the worst you have to complain about is a parent that smokes, in all of your grown up years on this planet, trust me, you've got it made.

It's a distraction and it affects your health. The half a dozen kids running around due to the parents not caring and the guy on his phone are both wrong. But neither actions by those people are going to kill you.

Again, do not assume you know me Dis. Because here's a reality check, you clearly show you don't with each passing post.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to wear pants, Dis. Only sundresses. Where's my representative to legislate that ....:eusa_whistle:

Dishonest comparisons don't cut it. :eusa_whistle:

It's horseshit.

Good thing it was almost 70 degrees out today, and I didn't break the law. :eusa_whistle:

I'd hate to see the fine for pants...

In other words you're the leftwingnut fucktard I've always said you are. Good thing you got a club. It won't help you with me though, pissant. Bring your club and watch which orifice it gets stuffed in.:eusa_eh:

Not quite Gunny. I'm trying to have a legitimate discussion. In return, I'm getting names and mischaracterizations.

You can tone down the internet tough guy act though Gunny, I'm not going to yell eep and hide under a rock.

View attachment 9809

You're a progressive fuckwit. End of story.

Nice strawman. Did it ever occur to your punk ass I am in real life the same as I am on this board? No, it doesn't cuz you ain't that bright. You just think you are.

Your position is dictating choice. Tell me where THAT fits into the Constitution, formula-on-his-lips-bert.:eusa_eh:

As is your position. Tell me in the Constitution where you have a right to violate the rights of others?

Forum List

Back