Teachers’ unions tried to shut down a South Central charter school that had been very successful at teaching low-income black and Hispanic students

... . He knew how terrible inner city schools are. .....

You don't understand the real issue.
The issue I see is inner city children get shit for an education ....

Where do you see that? Do you spend a lot of time in inner city school classrooms?
I see the results in Black on Black crime.

Illogical conclusion and avoidance of the question. Try again.

...The problem with charter schools is that they pull much-needed tax money away from the public school system, leaving the public school students with fewer resources...

That's the usual complaint, but it depends on several factors. Bottom line: charter schools ARE public schools, and if they can perform better then that should be a choice available to families. What's most important is what's best for the students in any given district.

What's best for ALL students is access to text books, computers, small classes and all of the resources that Charter Schools provide. Instead, tax dollars go to fund a good education for a cherry picked few, and an inferior schooling for the rest of the district.

It is also to be noted that Charter Schools provide these things at the expense of teacher salaries and benefits - paying substantially less than public schools. Public School Teachers are already one of the lowest paid professions requiring a post-graduate degree and training. Reducing wages doesn't attact the best people.
When I was in high school, I was in an organization with kids form other high schools in neighborhoods of other ethnic persuasions so to speak. My text books were always beat up and and old; theirs's were brand new every semester and for every class. When I asked my friends about it, they were astonished that we returned our books at eh end of the semester, they tossed theirs's in the trash. My high school was multi-racial, but we took pride in it and took care of the school.

... . He knew how terrible inner city schools are. .....

You don't understand the real issue.
The issue I see is inner city children get shit for an education ....

Where do you see that? Do you spend a lot of time in inner city school classrooms?
I see the results in Black on Black crime.
OMG well educated blacks and hispanics are the liberals worse freaking nightmare

Charter schools decide which students they take and which they do not

They are not comparable to public schools, their "successes" are vastly overblown almost always

The reason they're all much more "successful" is they simply kick out any student they want, even for having uncooperative parents. Public schools have to educate just about everybody.
Public schools should kick out disruptive students as well. They don't because they want the daily government stipend per student. Public schools, their administrators and most of their teachers don't care about the students, they care about their paychecks. Teaching used to be a calling, now it has devolved to just a government job with great job security.

They are not comparable to public schools, their "successes" are vastly overblown almost always

The reason they're all much more "successful" is they simply kick out any student they want, even for having uncooperative parents. Public schools have to educate just about everybody.
Public schools should kick out disruptive students as well. They don't because they want the daily government stipend per student. Public schools, their administrators and most of their teachers don't care about the students, they care about their paychecks. Teaching used to be a calling, now it has devolved to just a government job with great job security.

If a certain % of kids need to be kicked out your public school becomes the remedial school for fuck ups.

In my suburban school system they pooled their resources with surrounding districts and made a special school for the kids deemed too wild for normal class. But if 25%+ of the student body is like that, that solution won't work.

Public schools should kick out disruptive students as well. ......

They do, but it is not a simple matter, since every state has LAWS mandating education to a certain age.

..... Public schools, their administrators and most of their teachers don't care about the students, they care about their paychecks. Teaching used to be a calling, now it has devolved to just a government job with great job security.

You are talking out your ass.

:fu:

... They don't because they want the daily government stipend per student. .....

Don't be stupid. Schools are mostly funded by local property taxes, and not piecemeal by individual student.
It's a mixture; schools get funded by the State based on number of students.
Local
Property
Taxes
Have you spoken to your local School Superintendent about this?
It may work differently in different counties; Nassau County gets a State stipend per student.

... They don't because they want the daily government stipend per student. .....

Don't be stupid. Schools are mostly funded by local property taxes, and not piecemeal by individual student.
Local
Property
Taxes
It may work differently in different counties; Nassau County gets a State stipend per student.
You have some proof of this stipend system? Could it be you are referring to some tiny fraction of the school district's budget?

Local
Property
Taxes
You have some proof of this stipend system? Could it be you are referring to some tiny fraction of the school district's budget?
I could look it up but I really don't give a shit.
My Village used this mechanism to bring in kids from poorer areas but it didn't work out too well.

Local
Property
Taxes

So it's not true. Got it.

Local
Property
Taxes

Eat shit.

Charter schools show higher success rates because they cherry pick students. They only allow in students with higher grades, no learning disabilities, no behavioral problems, and parents committed to their children’s education..

As the child of two educators and having many others in my family...

Why should ANY teacher be forced to waste their time on children who obviously have no interest in being at school to begin with? Especially past the level of elementary education.

As a taxpayer, why should any of my money go to the wages of a teacher who doesn't want to try to lift up a child's life, and only wants the "easy" students? Those kids will succeed with anyone teaching them.

The purpose of school is to provide a foundation for achievement throughout the child's life.

You are a Canadian. You don't get to complain about taxes.

...The problem with charter schools is that they pull much-needed tax money away from the public school system, leaving the public school students with fewer resources...

That's the usual complaint, but it depends on several factors. Bottom line: charter schools ARE public schools, and if they can perform better then that should be a choice available to families. What's most important is what's best for the students in any given district.

What's best for ALL students is access to text books, computers, small classes and all of the resources that Charter Schools provide. Instead, tax dollars go to fund a good education for a cherry picked few, and an inferior schooling for the rest of the district.

It is also to be noted that Charter Schools provide these things at the expense of teacher salaries and benefits - paying substantially less than public schools. Public School Teachers are already one of the lowest paid professions requiring a post-graduate degree and training. Reducing wages doesn't attact the best people.
When I was in high school, I was in an organization with kids form other high schools in neighborhoods of other ethnic persuasions so to speak. My text books were always beat up and and old; theirs's were brand new every semester and for every class. When I asked my friends about it, they were astonished that we returned our books at eh end of the semester, they tossed theirs's in the trash. My high school was multi-racial, but we took pride in it and took care of the school.
You sued the non-word "theirs's"? What fucking language is that?

Last edited:

How do you kick out students when the school boards keep letting them back in? Also, kick them out and see what happens to the crime rate in your community.

Local
Property
Taxes

Eat shit.
Make some up. You seem to be good at it.

Forum List

Back