Health Nazis and Outdoor Smoking Ban

Reporting from Sacramento - State lawmakers adopted one of the nation's most far-reaching regulations of tobacco use Monday, approving a bill to outlaw smoking at 278 state parks and beaches.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has not said publicly whether he will sign the measure, which would allow a fine of up to $100 for smoking at a state beach or in a designated section of a state park.

Assembly approves smoking ban at state parks and beaches - latimes.com

Here we go...

Tell me what your problem is with smoking bans in public places?

Is your problem that people's God-given right to smoke might be infringed upon?

Matter of fact, yes. You got a point beside the one on your head?

Here's my problem: "The Democratic majority, however, argued that the ban was justified because of the health risks "

Banning outdoor smoking in stadiums where you are forced to sit next to someone is one thing...they can't prove this ban will help anything. It BS govenrnment control. Where does it end?

So that means that when I go to a California State Park, I just have to suck it up and deal with wheezing, shortness of breath, and itchy eyes because I am surrounded by smokers?

more than likely you are surrounded by obnoxious allergen producing oak trees, but being a perfect libtard you want to blame it on smoking. dingbat.

Here's my problem: "The Democratic majority, however, argued that the ban was justified because of the health risks "

Banning outdoor smoking in stadiums where you are forced to sit next to someone is one thing...they can't prove this ban will help anything. It BS govenrnment control. Where does it end?

So that means that when I go to a California State Park, I just have to suck it up and deal with wheezing, shortness of breath, and itchy eyes because I am surrounded by smokers?

I don't smoke and wish everyone around me would not smoke either, but, I would rather the inconvenience of the stench of cigarette smoke and the disgusting cigarette butts and packs on the ground to letting the government pull the noose of government control of our lives just a little tighter around our necks.

Immie

more than likely you are surrounded by obnoxious allergen producing oak trees...

On a beach?

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115708947dc970b-500wi

Yeah...lots of oak trees.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
The bill is unconstitutional. The state parks and the National parks are for everyone. Allocations must be made so that all can enjoy the parks. If allotments can be made for for snowmobiler's, allotments can be made for smokers. For the record, I am a nonsmoker. :neutral:

When did THAT ever stop Demtards? They don't care about YOUR rights. Just what those fuckwits think is best for you.:eusa_eh:

I am soooo not moving back to that shithole of a state.

Why?:confused:

The last time I was set free from being incarcerated there was the last time I stepped foot on the place.

I'm all for whirled peas. We should tell the Israeli's they can have CA if they take it.:eusa_angel:

You guys quit picking on my native state. No place is perfect! Just because California gave us Nancy doesn't mean it is Hell on Earth... just that she is running America through Hell on Earth.

There are a lot of beautiful places in California... and then there is LA. :(

Immie

The bill is unconstitutional. The state parks and the National parks are for everyone. Allocations must be made so that all can enjoy the parks. If allotments can be made for for snowmobiler's, allotments can be made for smokers. For the record, I am a nonsmoker. :neutral:

By allotment, are you referring to building a smoking building?

Because if smokers are allowed to smoke anywhere that they want, then some sort of allotment should be made for asthmatics and those who are allergic to cigarette smoke.

Aren't buses allowed to mass transit wherever they want? Aren't stupid leftwingers allowed to open their carbon dioxide flapping gums wherever they want?

You don't have a point. Except the aforementioned one on your head.:eusa_eh:

Wah. Stay home.

Because if smokers are allowed to smoke anywhere that they want, then some sort of allotment should be made for asthmatics and those who are allergic to cigarette smoke.

Aren't buses allowed to mass transit wherever they want? Aren't stupid leftwingers allowed to open their carbon dioxide flapping gums wherever they want?

You don't have a point. Except the aforementioned one on your head.:eusa_eh:

He'd be the very first one so suck heavily on a marijuana cigarette too, as are the other libtards who want to ban smokers.. thank me later! :eusa_angel:

I think designated smoking areas would take care of the issue. If you don't smoke, keep away from the designated smoking areas; 50 feet ought to do it, that way your lungs will only be subject to what the rest of us are subject to.

The biggest joke is you can sit off the coast of CA on a ship and see this big orangish turd of smoke following I-5 all the way up the coast where all those leftwingnut progressive morons drive their Mercedes and Beemers to work.

Yet the in denial twits want to blame a cigarette ....:cuckoo:

California snack tax may be next. Or a fast food tax. Or maybe an "Unhealthy life choice" tax. I think the last one is more up Ca's ally....it promises to encompass everything they can possibly tax as an excuse of saving ourselves from our own personal decisions

already exists in san francisco....3% health tax added to all restaurant bills....

more than likely you are surrounded by obnoxious allergen producing oak trees...

On a beach?

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115708947dc970b-500wi

Yeah...lots of oak trees.

yes, and I'm sure you will be stifled on a beach with the ocean breezes..ever been to a California beech??? :eusa_shhh:

I have. Breezy and cold even in July due to the Arctic Stream. California beaches suck, as a matter of fact. And if I have to pay to pay to get on the SOB, I'm paying to smoke, dammit.

When I don't smoke, fuckwit nonsmokers make me want to start again.:eusa_eh:

The last time I was set free from being incarcerated there was the last time I stepped foot on the place.

I'm all for whirled peas. We should tell the Israeli's they can have CA if they take it.:eusa_angel:

You guys quit picking on my native state. No place is perfect! Just because California gave us Nancy doesn't mean it is Hell on Earth... just that she is running America through Hell on Earth.

Immie

I love it when driving south towards La outta Santa Barbara.. about 20 miles out you can see the huge red dome of pollution hovering over LA.. and they want to bitch about smokers.. it's hilarious.

Immie

Whatever dude. Nancy is like the cherry on the whipped cream. The place sucks. I'd so give you to another country it ain't funny.

Immie

I love it when driving south towards La outta Santa Barbara.. about 20 miles out you can see the huge red dome of pollution hovering over LA.. and they want to bitch about smokers.. it's hilarious.

Luckily, you lose that image until you get south of Pt. Mugu.

Forum List

Back