He began his political career more than 50 years ago when he was elected to the Urbana City Council in 1971, ex Illinois GOP Rep Tim Johnson dead @ 75

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
He was a Ron Paul supporter for president, and later Marco Rubio...when he retired, many were surprised

"On April 5, 2012, just days after winning the Republican nomination for the reconfigured 13th, Johnson announced his retirement from office, to the surprise of many"

"Johnson voted against the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act,[20] which passed but was vetoed by President George W. Bush.
In June 2006, Johnson voted against net neutrality, by voting for the COPE Act, and against the Markey amendment that would have inserted provisions to preserve network neutrality.
Johnson was the sole Republican congressman to vote against the FISA Amendments Act of 2008[21][22] including immunity for American telecommunications companies that implemented warrantless wiretaps outside of the scope of the FISA program for the Bush administration. The bill passed, 293-129.
On November 7, 2009, Johnson was the only Republican voting against the Republican Health Care Reform plan, the Boehner amendment to the Affordable Health Care for America Act.
On February 8, 2011, Johnson was one of 26 Republicans who voted against extending the PATRIOT Act."

Another career politician. Wonder if he ever held a real job. I'm sorry, but I have no respect for anyone who spends a lifetime in politics

• Banned
Another career politician. Wonder if he ever held a real job. I'm sorry, but I have no respect for anyone who spends a lifetime in politics
he does have an impressive voting record though, but i agree about the career politician part

Forum List

Back