Hatred, when is it too much?

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
I have always had the stance that the only reason our country is in such a mess is because the politicians cannot simply sit down and talk things out, at least that's what I thought. Recently I have discovered how wrong I was, it's not the politicians, they seem to know what they are doing now. It's their supporters. Each new story and bill seems aimed at getting their voters to bicker more and more, keeping us from ever sitting down and talking. Both "sides" of every debate thus far have resorted to talking points, catch phrases, and just plain old ranting. So when do we, the people, stop and say enough is enough? When do we actually take control back from the politicians? When do we stand up and become Americans again?

The answer: When we stop supporting the politicians.

I have always had the stance that the only reason our country is in such a mess is because the politicians cannot simply sit down and talk things out, at least that's what I thought. Recently I have discovered how wrong I was, it's not the politicians, they seem to know what they are doing now. It's their supporters. Each new story and bill seems aimed at getting their voters to bicker more and more, keeping us from ever sitting down and talking. Both "sides" of every debate thus far have resorted to talking points, catch phrases, and just plain old ranting. So when do we, the people, stop and say enough is enough? When do we actually take control back from the politicians? When do we stand up and become Americans again?

And support each other and the Constitution. Thanks KK

The only side, should be the side of freedom and security from enemies foriegn and domestic.

We have to fight for that as Americans.

I believe many who fight us here on this forum and elsewhere are not even Americans.

Those who are not Americans that oppose our Constitutional rights, have something at stake

Boy, have you got that right. Politicians react to what gets them elected.

And its not really the supporters. It is the strident supporters. It is the strident supporters who are the ones driving the strident rhetoric and divisions.

The only side, should be the side of freedom and security from enemies foriegn and domestic.

I believe many who fight us here on this forum and elsewhere are not even Americans.

Those who are not Americans that oppose our Constitutional rights, have something at stake

While the rest I agree with, that particular statement is part of the problem. We have to stop thinking about it as "us versus them" and start thinking we are Americans again. The 'us' should be any legal citizen, and 'them' should be anyone who is not. There shouldn't be a bickering between the left and right. Debate and discussion are important, but not all this attacking each other. We are all Americans, Republican and Democrat supporter, liberal and conservative, we need each other to make this country what it once was because that's what made this country great.

When people start calling the duly elected President of the United States of America a Nazi and his wife, the mother of his children, a bitch and a ho. And those are the people who claim to be "Christian".

I've actually been contemplating taking a break from this place because it is too painful of a scene to watch for me....being that touchy, sensitive and empathetic to what others feel and go through type of person! :eek:

When people start calling the duly elected President of the United States of America a Nazi and his wife, the mother of his children, a bitch and a ho. And those are the people who claim to be "Christian".

You really should read the rest of the post. Thanks for proving that you are part of the problem though. ;)

While the rest I agree with, that particular statement is part of the problem. We have to stop thinking about it as "us versus them" and start thinking we are Americans again. The 'us' should be any legal citizen, and 'them' should be anyone who is not. There shouldn't be a bickering between the left and right. Debate and discussion are important, but not all this attacking each other. We are all Americans, Republican and Democrat supporter, liberal and conservative, we need each other to make this country what it once was because that's what made this country great.

I am sorry KK, but there are operatives that are paid to belittle and fight on these types of forums, and they are also paid to blog

They are alinskyites, and obamatrons, in the highest order

But I understand your concern. It goes against my grain to be a fighter, but when I see my freedom and the Constitution being defamed and used as fodder for the leftists of the world, I cannot sit back and just allow it to go unanswered. That is where the GOP made their biggest mistakes in the past, that is why they are now impotent

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I am sorry KK, but there are operatives that are paid to belittle and fight on these types of forums, and they are also paid to blog

They are alinskyites, and obamatrons, in the highest order

But I understand your concern. It goes against my grain to be a fighter, but when I see my freedom and the Constitution being defamed and used as fodder for the leftists of the world, I cannot sit back and just allow it to go unanswered. That is where the GOP made their biggest mistakes in the past, that is why they are now impotent

Aah, now that makes more sense, I can agree with them being anti-America. However with your concern, I wouldn't trust the GOP either now, if you look very closely both the parties have been on the same track this whole time, this is why I say politicians versus the citizens. The politicians are using their parties as masks to get the blind followers to distract people from the fact that they all seem to be heading toward one goal right now, more government power.

You really should read the rest of the post. Thanks for proving that you are part of the problem though. ;)

For pointing out that Nazi and bitch and ho were over the top? Ok, if you say so.

This post is not intended to bash GWB. I noticed the deep seeded resentment towards one another during the previous administration. It wasn't a product of GWB himself but rather that of Karl Rove.
Rove's political philosophy is that of "divide and conquer" always keeping one's opponent off guard by "defining" their opponate's position first, forcing them to defend themselves against the predetermined definitions and not allowing them to make their own case.
It has become the standard now with both parties and that of party followers as well.

The Olbermanns and Limbaughs of the world only further exasperate the problem by widening the divide.
What we now witness is the "squeaky wheel syndrome" whereas those who scream the loudest and whose agenda is the most controversial gets the most air play.
I don't believe it is representative of our country as a whole but rather a representation of the most radical elements of our political system.

It's not a matter of wrestling our country from the grips of our politicians as much as wrestling it back from the grips of Madison Avenue and the Nielsen families.

The political pundits have never had the best interests of our nation in mind. They are motivated by the almighty advertising dollar and ratings. They actually come right out and say this every time they compare their viewership numbers on air.

For pointing out that Nazi and bitch and ho were over the top? Ok, if you say so.

1. They are politicians, they need to be reminded of who they serve and by becoming such they also open themselves up to such. If they can't take the damned heat they are in the wrong kitchen.

2. Bush got attacked just the same damned way, yet you neglect to worry about people who did it to him, thus you are a "left v right" person, either one of those Pixie mentioned or a fool.

3. If you are a fool then here's the eye opener, which I mentioned in my OP, the politicians are for themselves, for their power, and for their money. They have conned so many into fighting each other instead of discussing while they push to these ends. You fell for it, swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

• Thanks

now kitten,, for you to say that the politicians know what they are doing" is just plain laughable. If they knew what the fuck they were doing this country would have a balanced budget, secure borders, a well run educational system, a solvent social security account, (as opposed to the one they robbed into bankruptcy) and blah blah blah blah.. you need to retract that stupid notion that politicians know what they are doing. I know what they are doing, they are sitting around up there in DC trying to figure out who and what they can tax next, how much it will make and how they can waste it. I hope I haven't left anything out.

• Thanks

Oh yeah.,, that's going to be possible as long as we have a spineless leader in office who allows his party to demonize every American who is not a Demoncwat. Calling names like Mob, teabaggers, irrelevant, extremists, racists, bigots, and blah blah blah the democwats have worked hard for the divisiveness they have achieved. What makes you think they want anything at all to do with one America? I've seen absolutely no indication of that. If you have kindly point it out. This regime has declared war on the Republicans. Forget the terrorist.. Republicans are the new terrorists. :lol::lol::lol::lol: so as lofty as your ideas are it ain't in the democwat playbook.. sistah!

Oh yeah.,, that's going to be possible as long as we have a spineless leader in office who allows his party to demonize every American who is not a Demoncwat. Calling names like Mob, teabaggers, irrelevant, extremists, racists, bigots, and blah blah blah the democwats have worked hard for the divisiveness they have achieved. What makes you think they want anything at all to do with one America? I've seen absolutely no indication of that. If you have kindly point it out. This regime has declared war on the Republicans. Forget the terrorist.. Republicans are the new terrorists. :lol::lol::lol::lol: so as lofty as your ideas are it ain't in the democwat playbook.. sistah!

Just curious, what is worse, Mob, teabaggers, irrelevant, extremists, racists, bigots,

or

Nazi, communist, baby killer, grandma killer, bitch, ho?

Just curious?

Just curious, what is worse, Mob, teabaggers, irrelevant, extremists, racists, bigots,

or

Nazi, communist, baby killer, grandma killer, bitch, ho?

Just curious?

so you think one is worse than the other? very telling indeed. very telling. more of the same it's okay for us to do it but not for you or aka free speech for me but not for thee! oh and to be clear he is not a nazi,, he is a Marxixt. Study black liberation theology, from whence he came and tell me again how you believe he sat in church and did not hear the doctrine preached.

Talk about the perfect examples, RDean and WillowTree, you have both been fooled.

Willow, do you really think that just because they are fucking us over they don't know what they are doing? Think about it, they continually gain from our misfortune, no matter how bad we get fucked, they are all still sitting pretty and getting funding for their pet programs while everyone is so distracted no one is paying attention to these pet projects.

RDean, you are just blindly following one side, not even realizing that your side is doing the same thing you have been so against while the other side was in power.

I know both of you have to be more intelligent than this.

Willow is just acting like her usual partisan hack of a self KK. Don't even try to bother really. She can never find a fault with a Republican unless he/she is acting against the party's ideals.

To be honest? I think the more that some people on each side ramp up the hate, the harder it will be to achieve peace of any sort between the two points of view. Especially since the Conservative view has been warped into something totally different from what it really is while the Liberal view is being purported as the Democrat view which is completely false. For starters, Liberals have spines, Democrats don't.

Forum List

Back