Has anyone visited the Trinity United Church website?

Do you not listen to the news? Have you not heard Wright's spiel on "God damn America" or Michele saying Americans are hateful and she'd never been proud of America until her husband ran for president?

I find it a waste of time to dredge up quotes when you can't turn on a television without hearing the quotes being referred to. If you really haven't heard it, then fine, I'll go look.

Oh crap, I'll find them anyway. I have spring fever and I can't work anyway.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/03/05/michelle-obama-america-just-downright-mean
"Two weeks after making her disdain for the nation clear during a campaign speech for her husband in Wisconsin, Michelle further debased America by saying that we're a country that is "just downright mean." "

"Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we're a divided country, we're a country that is "just downright mean," we are "guided by fear," we're a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...-shes-proud-of-my-country-for-the-first-time/
“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change,” she said. “I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment.”

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58072
"...she is quoted in a stump speech made throughout South Carolina as characterizing America as "just downright mean."
She said the country is divided, life is not good, the people are "guided by fear" and cynicism."

Ok. That's Michelle.
Honest, I don't feel up to posting links to all Wright's wacko shit. You can just google him and read the crap he spewed when he poed Obama last week....

Do you not listen to the news? Have you not heard Wright's spiel on "God damn America" or Michele saying Americans are hateful and she'd never been proud of America until her husband ran for president?

I find it a waste of time to dredge up quotes when you can't turn on a television without hearing the quotes being referred to. If you really haven't heard it, then fine, I'll go look.

Oh crap, I'll find them anyway. I have spring fever and I can't work anyway.

i listen to the news, not all the time. of course i have heard his schtick....

btw, this is the INTERNET not TV. I do not watch much television. who the fuck are you to tell me to turn on the TV?

you post something in a forum, you need to back it up. if it is TV, then reference the (as close as possible) day/time when you heard such comment(s). if you find it such a waste of time, why do you post such things? if i said the sky was purple, you would ask for a link.

"I have no problem with people having pride from where they come from. But Obama, and most of the people in this church, COME from America."

dude being that your relations only recently came here still doesn't excuse the utter fxcking stupidity of this statement.

familiarize yourself with history.

hello

slavery.

moron.

Wow, were you really so naive as to think I didn't know about slavery? Here's my principle on that:

If blacks are so mad at whites for bringing their ancestors to America as slaves, they can leave. There's planes and boats that point away from this country, too. And I'm pretty sure the Rio Grande can be crossed going south. If they don't like what happened here two centuries ago, instead of bitching about it and holding white people responsible for it, they can get the fuck out. Really, none of us would care. I'm sure there's some lovely neighborhoods in Darfur they could live in, or Ethiopia. For them to care so much about what's going on in Africa, I don't see any of them going over there to do anything about it.

But they don't need to hold white people in contempt for something that happened before any of us were even alive. It's not our fault white people had slaves 200 years ago. And it's certainly not our fault that they are still bitter about it.

Obama and Ayers (a.k.a. "Domestic Terrorist)
Obama worked with terrorist-Senator helped fund organization that rejects 'racist' Israel's existence

By Aaron Klein
February 24, 2008
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=57231

JERUSALEM - The board of a nonprofit organization on which Sen. Barack Obama served as a paid director alongside a confessed domestic terrorist granted funding to a controversial Arab group that mourns the establishment of Israel as a "catastrophe" and supports intense immigration reform, including providing drivers licenses and education to illegal aliens.

The co-founder of the Arab group in question, Columbia University professor Rashid Khalidi, also has held a fundraiser for Obama. Khalidi is a harsh critic of Israel, has made statements supportive of Palestinian terror and reportedly has worked on behalf of the Palestine Liberation Organization while it was involved in anti-Western terrorism and was labeled by the State Department as a terror group.

In 2001, the Woods Fund, a Chicago-based nonprofit that describes itself as a group helping the disadvantaged, provided a $40,000 grant to the Arab American Action Network, or AAAN, for which Khalidi's wife, Mona, serves as president. The Fund provided a second grant to the AAAN for $35,000 in 2002.

Obama was a director of the Woods Fund board from 1999 to Dec. 11, 2002, according to the Fund's website. According to tax filings, Obama received compensation of $6,000 per year for his service in 1999 and 2000.

Obama served on the Wood's Fund board alongside William C. Ayers, a member of the Weathermen terrorist group which sought to overthrow of the U.S. government and took responsibility for bombing the U.S. Capitol in 1971.

Ayers, who still serves on the Woods Fund board, contributed $200 to Obama's senatorial campaign fund and has served on panels with Obama at numerous public speaking engagements. Ayers admitted to involvement in the bombings of U.S. governmental buildings in the 1970s. He is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

The $40,000 grant from Obama's Woods Fund to the AAAN constituted about a fifth of the Arab group's reported grants for 2001, according to tax filings obtained by WND. The $35,000 Woods Fund grant in 2002 also constituted about one-fifth of AAAN's reported grants for that year.

The AAAN, headquartered in the heart of Chicago's Palestinian immigrant community, describes itself as working to "empower Chicago-area Arab immigrants and Arab Americans through the combined strategies of community organizing, advocacy, education and social services, leadership development, and forging productive relationships with other communities."

It reportedly has worked on projects with the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights, which supports open boarders and education for illegal aliens.

The AAAN in 2005 sent a letter to New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson in which it called a billboard opposing a North Carolina-New Mexico joint initiative to deny driver's licenses to illegal aliens a "bigoted attack on Arabs and Muslims."

Speakers at AAAN dinners and events routinely have taken an anti-Israel line.

The group co-sponsored a Palestinian art exhibit, titled, "The Subject of Palestine," that featured works related to what some Palestinians call the "Nakba" or "catastrophe" of Israel's founding in 1948.

According to the widely discredited Nakba narrative, Jews in 1948 forcibly expelled hundreds of thousands - some Palestinians claim over one million - Arabs from their homes and then took over the territory.

Historically, about 600,000 Arabs fled Israel after surrounding Arab countries warned they would destroy the Jewish state in 1948. Some Arabs also were driven out by Jewish forces while they were trying to push back invading Arab armies. At the same time, over 800,000 Jews were expelled or left Arab countries under threat after Israel was founded.

The theme of AAAN's Nakba art exhibit, held at DePaul University in 2005, was "the compelling and continuing tragedy of Palestinian life ... under [Israeli] occupation ... home demolition ... statelessness ... bereavement ... martyrdom, and ... the heroic struggle for life, for safety, and for freedom."

Another AAAN initiative, titled, "Al Nakba 1948 as experienced by Chicago Palestinians," seeks documents related to the "catastrophe" of Israel's founding.

A post on the AAAN site asked users: "Do you have photos, letters or other memories you could share about Al-Nakba-1948?"

That posting was recently removed. The AAAN website currently states the entire site is under construction.

Pro-PLO advocate held Obama fundraiser, describes Obama as 'sympathetic'

AAAN co-founder Rashid Khalidi was reportedly a director of the official PLO press agency WAFA in Beirut from 1976 to 1982, while the PLO committed scores of anti-Western attacks and was labeled by the U.S. as a terror group. Khalidi's wife, AAAN President Mona Khalidi, was reportedly WAFA's English translator during that period.

Rashid Khalidi at times has denied working directly for the PLO but Palestinian diplomatic sources in Ramallah told WND he indeed directed WAFA. Khalidi also advised the Palestinian delegation to the Madrid Conference in 1991.

During documented speeches and public events, Khalidi has called Israel an "apartheid system in creation" and a destructive "racist" state.

He has multiple times expressed support for Palestinian terror, calling suicide bombings response to "Israeli aggression." He dedicated his 1986 book, "Under Siege," to "those who gave their lives ... in defense of the cause of Palestine and independence of Lebanon." Critics assailed the book as excusing Palestinian terrorism.

While the Woods Fund's contribution to Khalidi's AAAN might be perceived as a one-time run in with Obama, the presidential hopeful and Khalidi evidence a deeper relationship.

According to a professor at the University of Chicago who said he has known Obama for 12 years, the Democratic presidential hopeful first befriended Khalidi when the two worked together at the university. The professor spoke on condition of anonymity. Khalidi lectured at the University of Chicago until 2003 while Obama taught law there from 1993 until his election to the Senate in 2004.

Khalidi in 2000 held what was described as a successful fundraiser for Obama's failed bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, a fact not denied by Khalidi.

Speaking in a joint interview with WND and the John Batchelor Show of New York's WABC Radio and Los Angeles' KFI Radio, Khalidi was asked about his 2000 fundraiser for Obama.

"I was just doing my duties as a Chicago resident to help my local politician," Khalidi stated.

Khalidi said he supports Obama for president "because he is the only candidate who has expressed sympathy for the Palestinian cause."

Khalidi also lauded Obama for "saying he supports talks with Iran. If the U.S. can talk with the Soviet Union during the Cold War, there is no reason it can't talk with the Iranians."

Asked about Obama's role funding the AAAN, Khalidi claimed he had "never heard of the Woods Fund until it popped up on a bunch of blogs a few months ago."

He terminated the call when petitioned further about his links with Obama.

Contacted by phone, Mona Khalidi refused to answer WND's questions about the AAAN's involvement with Obama.

Obama's campaign headquarters did not reply to a list of WND questions sent by e-mail to the senator's press office.

Obama, American terrorist in same circles

Obama served on the board with Ayers, who was a Weathermen leader and has written about his involvement with the group's bombings of the New York City Police headquarters in 1970, the Capitol in 1971 and the Pentagon in 1972.

"I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough," Ayers told the New York Times in an interview released on Sept. 11, 2001

"Everything was absolutely ideal on the day I bombed the Pentagon," Ayers wrote in his memoirs, titled "Fugitive Days." He continued with a disclaimer that he didn't personally set the bombs, but his group set the explosives and planned the attack.

A $200 campaign contribution is listed on April 2, 2001 by the "Friends of Barack Obama" campaign fund. The two taught appeared speaking together at several public events, including a 1997 University of Chicago panel entitled, "Should a child ever be called a 'super predator?'" and another panel for the University of Illinois in April 2002, entitled, "Intellectuals: Who Needs Them?"

The charges against Ayers were dropped in 1974 because of prosecutorial misconduct, including illegal surveillance.

Ayers is married to another notorious Weathermen terrorist, Bernadine Dohrn, who has also served on panels with Obama. Dohrn was once on the FBI's Top 10 Most Wanted List and was described by J. Edgar Hoover as the "most dangerous woman in America." Ayers and Dohrn raised the son of Weathermen terrorist Kathy Boudin, who was serving a sentence for participating in a 1981 murder and robbery that left 4 people dead.

Obama advisor wants talks with terrorists

The revelations about Obama's relationship with Khalidi follows a recent WND article quoting Israeli security officials who expressed "concern" about Robert Malley, an adviser to Obama who has advocated negotiations with Hamas and providing international assistance to the terrorist group.

Malley, a principal Obama foreign policy adviser, has penned numerous opinion articles, many of them co-written with a former adviser to the late Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat, petitioning for dialogue with Hamas and blasting Israel for numerous policies he says harm the Palestinian cause.

Malley also previously penned a well-circulated New York Review of Books piece largely blaming Israel for the collapse of the Israeli-Palestinian negotiations at Camp David in 2000 when Arafat turned down a Palestinian state in the West Bank, Gaza and eastern sections of Jerusalem and instead returned to the Middle East to launch an intifada, or terrorist campaign, against the Jewish state.

Malley's contentions have been strongly refuted by key participants at Camp David, including President Bill Clinton, then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and primary U.S. envoy to the Middle East Dennis Ross, all of whom squarely blamed Arafat's refusal to make peace for the talks' failure.

And Bernadine Dohrn, Ayer's accomplice in setting bombs meant to kill police officers and who was released after refusing to testify, named Obama as her "successor". In Obama's presence.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html
"In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

While Ayers and Dohrn may be thought of in Hyde Park as local activists, they’re better known nationally as two of the most notorious — and unrepentant — figures from the violent fringe of the 1960s anti-war movement.

Now, as Obama runs for president, what two guests recall as an unremarkable gathering on the road to a minor elected office stands as a symbol of how swiftly he has risen from a man in the Hyde Park left to one closing in fast on the Democratic nomination for president."

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” said Dr. Quentin Young, a prominent Chicago physician and advocate for single-payer health care, of the informal gathering at the home of Ayers and his wife, Dohrn. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Obama and Palmer “were both there,” he said.

"Like many of the most extreme figures from the 1960s Ayers and Dohrn are ambiguous figures in American life.

They disappeared in 1970, after a bomb — designed to kill army officers in New Jersey — accidentally destroyed a Greenwich Village townhouse, and turned themselves into authorities in 1980. They were never prosecuted for their involvement with the 25 bombings the Weather Underground claimed; charges were dropped because of improper FBI surveillance.

Both have written and spoken at length about their pasts, and today he is an advocate for progressive education and a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago; she’s an associate professor of law at Northwestern University.

But — unlike some other fringe figures of the era — they’re also flatly unrepentant about the bombings they committed in the name of ending the war, defending them on the grounds that they killed no one, except, accidentally, their own members.

Dohrn, however, was jailed for less than a year for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating other Weather Underground members’ robbery of a Brinks truck, in which a guard and two New York State Troopers were killed.

“I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough,” Ayers told the New York Times in 2001."

You can insist all you like that just because he hangs with and identifies with these wackos doesn't mean he is one, but as my mama always told me, people judge you by who your friends are. Don't pick as friends people you don't want to be identified with.

And I think Obama pretty consistently picks as his associates people who definitely have a strong animosity against America and Americans.

This is the best you can come up with for an anti-Obama thread. This is pretty weak stuff. I have been to the website and I can even let you know that there is better material there, if you weren't too lazy to find it. Sad.

Did you find the Hamas manifesto?? Just wondering?

And Bernadine Dohrn, Ayer's accomplice in setting bombs meant to kill police officers and who was released after refusing to testify, named Obama as her "successor". In Obama's presence.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html
"In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

While Ayers and Dohrn may be thought of in Hyde Park as local activists, they’re better known nationally as two of the most notorious — and unrepentant — figures from the violent fringe of the 1960s anti-war movement.

Now, as Obama runs for president, what two guests recall as an unremarkable gathering on the road to a minor elected office stands as a symbol of how swiftly he has risen from a man in the Hyde Park left to one closing in fast on the Democratic nomination for president."

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” said Dr. Quentin Young, a prominent Chicago physician and advocate for single-payer health care, of the informal gathering at the home of Ayers and his wife, Dohrn. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Allie, it was Alice Palmer naming Obama as her successor in the state senate. I remember Palmer, I can see where you misread that. They were meeting in the Ayers' home.

It's been removed now, but it was under the pastor's notes.

Easy enough to find, just go to the pdf's found here:

http://www.israpundit.com/2008/?p=536

Obama’s Church Gives Platform to Hamas Terrorists, Questions Israel’s Legitimacy

by Bill Levinson

The entire country is now aware of the hate-filled ravings of Barack Obama’s pastor, Jeremiah “God Damn America” Wright. Obama’s membership in the Trinity United Church of Christ is entirely consistent with the Black identity politicss, if not Black nationalist politics, that he describes in Dreams From My Father.

The United Church of Christ is meanwhile, as shown by the Anti-Defamation League associated with the Sabeel Ecuminical Liberation Theology Center. Not only does Sabeel question Israel’s right to exist, it is on record as referring to the establishment of Israel as the “nakba” or “catastrophe.” If this is not bad enough, the Trinity United Church of Christ re-published material from Hamas: a Foreign Terrorist Organization that is specifically in the business of murdering Westerners, and especially Israeli Jews. The decision to give a platform to terrorists is entirely consistent with Jeremiah Wright’s own placement of quotation remarks around “state” when referring to Israel, as if to say “So-called State of Israel.”

Here is the Trinity United Church of Christ bulletin in question, which we have downloaded for the record. Note that it is hosted at TUCC’s own Web site, and it is therefore impossible to argue that it is a fabrication, photomanipulation, or other fake. We direct your attention to the Pastor’s Page (the pastor in question being Jeremiah “God Damn America” Wright) on pages 10 and 11. You will find there, over the footer “Sermons copyrighted by Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr,” a republication of an opinion piece from Hamas, the Islamic Resistance Movement. Hamas is a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) as defined by the U.S. State Department.

Who is this Mousa Abu Marzook individual to whom Barack Hussein Obama’s pastor is giving two pages of Trinity United Church of Christ’s official bulletin? He is the kind of individual for which the Federal Bureau of Investigation is the best information source: “During the second trial on the remaining charges in the indictment, in April 2005, the jury found that Bayan Elashi, Ghassan Elashi, Basma.o-defendant Mousa Abu Marzook, an investor in Infocom and a self-admitted leader of the Islamic Resistance Movement, a/k/a Hamas. In 1995, the Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control, desig..h Hamas or its representatives.”

The U.S. Department of Justice adds, “In 1995, Marzook was designated as a terrorist whose actions threatened the Middle East peace process – a designation that made it illegal for any U.S. person or entity to conduct any transaction with Marzook.” The following document from the U.S. Senate add...

Taking the ADL's word against Hamas Is like taking the KKK's word against CORE or the SNCC.......

BTW, did you know the AIPACers et al have managed to have parts of the Christian New Testament declared anti-semitic, as per the US State Department.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/102301.pdf

Those who give total support to Israel need to immediately remove the book of Acts from their bible, as several passages there are against the rules.....

As a matter of fact, Acts is quite specific and does say what this says, which now is against the law:

"Using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-Semitism (e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis."

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/56589.htm........

Taking the ADL's word against Hamas Is like taking the KKK's word against CORE or the SNCC.......

BTW, did you know the AIPACers et al have managed to have parts of the Christian New Testament declared anti-semitic, as per the US State Department.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/102301.pdf

Those who give total support to Israel need to immediately remove the book of Acts from their bible, as several passages there are against the rules.....

As a matter of fact, Acts is quite specific and does say what this says, which now is against the law:

"Using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-Semitism (e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis."

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/56589.htm........

The problem is the La times first reported the Hamas manifesto being listed on the website.

Ali, please tell me why this doesn't bother you:

While news media have focused on Barack Obama's pastor Jeremiah Wright, little attention has been paid to the endorsement of Republican presidential candidate John McCain by controversial Texas televangelist John Hagee. Hagee has voiced extreme anti-Catholic, anti-Jewish and anti-homosexual views. In a September 2006 interview on National Public Radio, Hagee reaffirmed his view that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment against New Orleans for hosting a homosexual parade. Hagee has also said that the Jews brought the Holocaust upon themselves by "turning away from the true God." He referred to Catholicism as a "false cult," and said the religion contributed to Hitler's anti-semitic views. When Hagee endorsed him, McCain said he was "proud" to have the pastor's support. More recently, McCain has been working to distance himself from Hagee's inflammatory comments.

On February 26, McCain appeared at a campaign rally in Cincinnati with the Reverend Rod Parsley of the World Harvest Church of Columbus, a supersize Pentecostal institution that features a 5,200-seat sanctuary, a television studio (where Parsley tapes a weekly show), and a 122,000-square-foot Ministry Activity Center. That day, a week before the Ohio primary, Parsley praised the Republican presidential front-runner as a "strong, true, consistent conservative." The endorsement was important for McCain, who at the time was trying to put an end to the lingering challenge from former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, a favorite among Christian evangelicals. A politically influential figure in Ohio, Parsley could also play a key role in McCain's effort to win this bellwether state in the general election. McCain, with Parsley by his side at the Cincinnati rally, called the evangelical minister a "spiritual guide."

The leader of a 12,000-member congregation, Parsley has written several books outlining his fundamentalist religious outlook, including the 2005 Silent No More. In this work, Parsley decries the "spiritual desperation" of the United States, and he blasts away at the usual suspects: activist judges, civil libertarians who advocate the separation of church and state, the homosexual "culture" ("homosexuals are anything but happy and carefree"), the "abortion industry," and the crass and profane entertainment industry. And Parsley targets another profound threat to the United States: the religion of Islam.

http://www.motherjones.com/washington_dispatch/2008/03/john-mccain-rod-parsley-spiritual-guide.html

"What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income - to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That’s what I’m opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear - I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He’s a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/02/28/7343/

Forum List

Back